Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program Empty
PostSubject: APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program   APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Special to the Ledger
Published: April 2, 2008

BIRMINGHAM — Alabama Public Television (APT) announced that it will broadcast The Alabama Music Hall of Fame 2008 Induction and Awards Ceremony statewide on Monday, April 14 from 7 until 10 p.m.

The program, which features the induction ceremonies and 16 performances by music greats, repeats on Saturday, April 19 and Thursday, April 24.

An interview special featuring one-on-one interviews conducted by journalists Wendy Garner and Lori Cummings with select inductees and other celebrities is scheduled for Sunday, April 20 from 8 to 9 p.m.

Alabama’s version of The Grammy Awards, the Alabama Music Hall of Fame was hosted this year by Fort Payne’s Randy Owen of the group ALABAMA.

The festivities feature induction of five Alabama music achievers (including Grand Ole Opry star Ernie Ashworth, Rock & Roll pioneer Boyd Bennett, Jazz bassist Cleveland Eaton, songwriter and performer Donnie Fritts and Styx guitarist and songwriter Tommy Shaw) and presentation of six Contemporary Music Awards (to Chris Tompkins [songwriter award], John Briggs [music industry award], Larry Byrom [music industry award], Angela Hacker and Taylor Hicks [America’s Music Award] and Rick Shayne [media award]). Awards to Bennett and Shayne were made posthumously to their widows.

The ceremony was recorded live Feb. 22 at the Montgomery Convention Center at the Hall of Fame’s black-tie gala and features performances by Kris Kristofferson (in honor of his friend, Donny Fritts) and some of Alabama’s most notable performers. The broadcast’s featured performances include:

Kris Kristofferson: “Me and Bobby McGee”

Percy Sledge: (1993 Inductee) “When a Man Loves a Woman”

Tommy Shaw: “Crystal Ball”

Clarence Carter: (2003 Inductee) “Patches”

Eddie Floyd: (2001 Inductee) “Knock on Wood”

The Commodores: (1995 Inductee) “Brick House”

Randy Owen: (1993 Inductee) “Braid My Hair”

The Thrasher Brothers: (2005 Inductee) “Still The One”

Taylor Hicks: “Soul Thing”

Angela Hacker: “These Walls”

Ernie Ashworth: “Talk Back Trembling Lips”

Cleveland Eaton: “I’m Just A Lucky So and So” (instrumental)

The program also features a special songwriters segment in which songwriters perform one of their hits: Beth Nielson Chapman (“Sand & Water“), Donnie Fritz (“We Had It All“), Walt Aldridge (“I Loved Her First“) and Chris Tompkins (“Before He Cheats“).

“Few states have the wealth of talent possessed by Alabama,” noted Allan Pizzato, executive director of Alabama Public Television. “We are broadcasting this so everyone in this state has the chance to take pride in that accomplishment.”

Production of the video is the result of a partnership among APT, the University of Alabama Center for Public Television and Radio and Erwin Brothers Motion Pictures in Bessemer, Ala.

A two-DVD set featuring all of the music performed during the evening-30 performances in all-is available from APT for a pledge of $90. (http://www.aptv.org)

Dedicated to honoring Alabama’s music achievers, the Alabama Music Hall of Fame is located in Tuscumbia, Ala.

Built in 1990, this 12,500 square foot exhibit hall displays memorabilia from careers of Alabamians such as Tammy Wynette, Lionel Richie, Emmylou Harris, the group ALABAMA, The Commodores, Nat King Cole, W.C. Handy, Hank Williams and more — all Alabamians whose achievements span the complete spectrum from sophisticated classical composition to humble gospel songs sung without accompaniment.

From performance to song writing, and from management to publishing, Alabamians have contributed in many ways to make the industry of music what it is today.

http://www.eprisenow.com/ent/news/local/article/apt_sets_air_date_for_music_hall_of_fame_program/10112/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program   APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 am

*sigh* Okay, so somebody explain to me why I am not living in 'Bama yet to have this???????
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program   APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:39 am

:( Sure wish I could get this station. I would buy the DVD but sadly can not swing it financially now. Regardless, I do envy the lucky people who get to watch this amazing moment with our Taylor.

APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program 600701
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program   APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

APT sets air date for Music Hall of Fame Program
Page 1 of 1