Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Songwriter's Contest - 2008

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 am

:D Hi gang. I see that the top 20 songs have been picked to vote on for this year's winner to sing. Evidently over 25,000 songs were submitted. If you would like to hear the choices, you can go to www.rickey.org to hear them.

My thoughts are if you like country music, this should be a real treat for you as most of the songs sound very country to me. Only two would interest me and of course it depends on who wins it. One is called "You Believed In Me" and the other one is just called "Believe". Not that I think they are great but I find them to be the best of the rest in my opinion. I know for a fact the others would not interest me at all since I really do not care for the new country music out there with a few exceptions. Oh well.

Songwriter's Contest - 2008 322546 Take care!
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:59 pm

I entered and mine didn't make it. I do think there were a couple good ones though when my brother had them playing. I have yet to vote though. I did however noticed some really cheesy ones in there immediately and I'll be giving them a 1 out of 10. So CC did you think they are better than mine? This is just for informational purposes and would like to know your honest opinion. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 am

Oh, hey now - you write Gee? Songs are about the only thing I don't write. I'm impressed.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 am

🎶 Sorry gee, I actually have not heard yours.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

Wow we have a song writer in the mix here, that is great, Jodi and her graphics, dnib and her drawings, Concertcris and her reviews. Gee I better get busy and find something I'm good at ha..

I haven't heard the songs yet going to do that now but it sure would be nice if they picked 2 of them, I do not like how they make both of the finlist sing the same song. JMO
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:21 am

;) Sandi, I so agree about them making the finalist sing the same song. The year that Carrie won, her song was called "Inside My Heaven" and it did sound good however I liked Bo singing it better so bought his single instead. I highly doubt Katharine could have carried off "Do I Make You Proud" the way that Taylor did so it was good they gave her a different song although her "My Destiny" was not as good.

Last season "This Is My Now" sounded awful I thought being sung by both Jordin and Blake mainly because the song was awful period.

As for this year, I am not wild about most of the choices so I doubt I will be interested in buying it.

Toodles for now!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:31 am

I went and listened to the 20 songs and I agree CC, didn't care for them all that much, the one I did think was ok I forgot to look at the name of it ha. Real interested huh? I also agree that Kat could not have done "Do I Make You Proud" and made it sound good, I didn't mind " My Destiny" thought it was an alright song, but did not like neither Blake or Jordin doing "This is my Now" did not care for the song I guess.. LOVE "Do I Make You Proud" great song made greater by Taylor singing it...
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:11 am

I like DIMYP also and think it suited Taylor really well. As for singing the same song I think it depends. When Carrie and Bo sang Inside Your Heaven I liked it 'cause you could compare them. I personally liked Carrie's version better. But I think it was a very good thing for Taylor and Kat sing different things. I think Blake and Jordin should've had 2 different songs, But If Blake totally rearranged it and made it his own that would've been good. But I didn't like This Is My Now so that's partly the problem. I think the same song is probably better if they were allowed to rearrange them. This year it all depends yet again. I think they should let the contestants choose from a list of like 5 or 10 or something. It's better than being given a song that doesn't suit you at all.

Here's a link where you can download my song. Bev put it up at the SRQ Soul Patrol. So you can find it there if you're interested here's a link to the topic it's in. Fair warning though, I am a songwriter NOT a good singer. They said as long as you had a good song though it didn't matter. They said. I did however find a lot of proffessionally arranged with good singers on YouTube. So I hope that didn't make a difference. They said you only needed a very simple arrangement.
http://srqsoulpatrol.proboards104.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1188&page=3

And here's the lyrics:

I Rise Again

I was down
I didn't care
I messed up more than my share
You picked me up
And you whispered clear
You said that you loved me
And that I'd rise again

(chorus)
I've been broken
And I've been bent
I see your face
I smile again
I've walked sideways
Down a crooked road
I see your face yeah
And I rise again

I was cryin' all alone
Then you came runnin'
You were the one
You give me strength
More than I've ever had
You said that you loved me
And that I'd rise again
(chorus)

I've known hunger
And I've known pain
I've lost somebody
Yet I can't complain
'Cause I've been given
All that I need
And with your lovin'
I will rise again
(chorus)

I've walked sideways

Down a crooked road

I see your face yeah

And I rise again

So what do you think? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Go ahead and tell me your thoughts, good or bad.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:37 am

Wow I like what I read, I'll go listen to it, Love the lyrics, better than some I heard for the song contest. Thanks...
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:36 am

You're welcome and thanks. Songwriter's Contest - 2008 322546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songwriter's Contest - 2008   Songwriter's Contest - 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songwriter's Contest - 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: