Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Empty
PostSubject: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:56 pm

:laugh: Results night and once again with tonight's elimination the voting public has stuck another nail into the credibilty of the once great show known as American Idol. Singing obviously is no longer important as all you need to do is be goofy and boring or totally ruin your song by forgetting lyrics. If you have the fan base, good to great performances no longer count, your adoring fans will forgive you for anything. Do I sound bitter? Maybe but in reality I am absolutely thrilled which I will explain later in this post.

Topic Okay, let's talk about the show and mind you this is only my opinion and I am sure you have yours. Ryan starts out differently tonight by letting us know 38 million votes came in before he introduces the judges with hugs and kisses. Poor Simon looked so stunned.

🎶 Next up our contestants performing the song "All I Ask Of You" with Andrew Lloyd Webber playing the piano. I thought this was pretty good but felt the girls sounded a little better than the guys. Our loud, screaming audience obviously liked it. Speaking of the audience I was so happy when this show ended as they were giving me a real headache with that screaming.

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 468517 After a re-cap of the night before, filler time is done with Ryan chatting with Andrew Lloyd Webber about the contestants. I will not go into particulars as this was truly boring. What no phone calls tonight?

:P A crazy Ford commercial follows with all but David Archuleta looking like true weirdos singing "Tainted Love" originally by the group Soft Cell. Obviously the idea was David A was drawing the cartoon of the other idols. My, my these commercials are stupid.

🆒 Next we hear of this week's stamp which is Fantasia (looks great I thought) which leads us into more hype for Idol Gives Back as all the sales go to this worthy charity. President Bush with his Laura follow by thanking the public for supporting this charity.

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 322546 Before I get to the results I will cover the other items that went on with the show. First up we get to see an update of past idols doing Broadway. The focus tonight is on Tamyra Gray who is in the play "Rent" and Clay Aiken in "Spamalot". They both seem quite happy with their lives as they talk of being in theatre. Bravo to both of these worthy contestants who have so much talent. Side note here as I can not wait to add more Clay music to my collection. His new cd comes out May 6th.

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 57823 I am in pure agony listening to the warblings of Leona Lewis who is currently the number #1 best selling artist on Billboard. My real question is why? Good grief after having listened to the song "Bleeding Love" I felt like slitting my wrists knowing how downhill the music business has gone to even consider this girl as a good singer. At least it was a chance for me to get something to drink while this pathetic performance went on.

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 201170 Now for the real clincher of the evening. First called out on the hot seat are both Davids and no shock as both are safe. That screaming audience could barely control themselves. I did appreciate the comments made by David Cook about why he chose to sing his number as it was intended. I see I forgot to mention first that Ryan does chat with each before he lets them know whether or not they are safe. My bad, sorry.

Next up are Brooke and Syesha. Each girl gives good answers I thought before the result is announced that Brooke is safe and Syesha is first to the silver chairs. I did appreciate the look on Brooke's face as she realized her fans will stick by her even if she sung like a frog. Priceless look I say!

Goofy and Carly are next and how sad that Carly is upbeat and happy with the praise of the night before as Ryan announces that Goofy just has to look pretty to be safe and he is. Okay Jason go to the couch as you do not have to torture us again with your lousy rendition of "Memory".

So for tonight Syesha who was fantastic in my opinion is in the bottom 2 as is my girl Carly who was so energetic and fun to watch the night before. The judges are surprised with the bottom 2 but give each girl a build-up both before and after they sing once again. At this particular moment I realized that the true concept of American Idol is out the door and popularity no matter how bad the performance will reign supreme.

Carly is going home and to add to my prior comment I am thrilled that she no longer has to try to compete for the title of this show. Let's face it, winning the title does not guarantee success as we all know. Now she can get down to business and create the album that I know for sure I will be getting as she is awesome in my book. Being the fun person she is she leaves the show quite gracefully I thought. Bravo Carly, your dreams will come true by the devoted fans that have come to appreciate how talented you are.

wiggle As I say good-night I feel a sense of relief that I no longer have to vote as the remaining 5 contestants will have their fan bases to rely on for support and in reality I honestly could care less who wins as only two of the remaining 5 will get my money in the future. Can you guess who those two are?

I welcome your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:34 am

Brooke didn't sing like a frog. Was it her best? no, but a frog? She was surprised she wasn't in the bottom 3 and even appologized to Syesha about it. That shows you how nice she is and how because of her restart she really thought she was gonna be there. I thought she did quite well after that first line after the restart. It was quite beautiful.
Andrew Lloyd Webber put it best, about her dress rehersal she was "flawless".
She deserves a top 3 for sure. Will she make it that far? Not unless we vote for her.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 am

:) Well, hello gee. Once again you have chosen to not understand my post. What I meant is that was only an example to show that Brooke's fans will forgive her anything and rave about how good she is even when she is not. I can not agree that Brooke sounded good on her performance of the Evita song. When she made the mistake it threw the whole song off and she appeared to be straining to get through it. Was it the worst of the night, well no but sorry it also was not the best. Remember how your favortism shows? This is a good example of that. I do remember Andrew's comment how flawless Brooke was in rehearsal however that was not what the viewing public saw during the actual performance.

In my opinion Syesha was actually the best of the girl singers that night and I do not actually care for her overall. Sure I do like my Carly but that does not mean I am blind to her faults and if you had read my re-cap you would see I did not grade her as high as I did Syesha. I actually thought Goofy should have went home however his adoring fans will also keep him in the running regardless of the fact of how well or bad he does and he does have a strong fanbase.

The good news is I am sure many of these contestants will get contracts and keep their particular fans in their corners so to speak.

Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:13 am

ok heres my 2cents. worth

Last night had 38 million votes, season 5 top 6 had 43 1/3 million what a difference huh??

First I want to say that last night I was shocked I really really was NO WAY did I expect Carly to go, like I said in my answer to CC's review, she is not my favorite never has been and for some reason I could not warm up to her at all, But I thought Tuesday night she did a FANTASTIC job I loved it I honestly thought it was her best yet. So yes I was suprised that she went, That being said. I was just as surprised that Brooke and Jason were not in the bottom 2. I like Jason and for the ones left he's my fav and with my record this year of picking the ones that get voted off I was shocked he wasn't sitting on the stool and if you think back I think he was just as suprised he seemed reluctant to go to the safty zone maybe thinking it was a mistake or something, Syesha is anohter one that I can't warm up to but was again surprised that she was in the bottom. I honetly thought it should have been Jason and Brooke. No I'm not dissapointed that Jason stayed not at all. he's different and yes he has a quiet voice not much emotion but he does sing with passion and heart. HATE HIS DREADS... Anyway Brooke is a beautiful gal but Tuesday night she did horrible in my opinion but again to me and in my opinion her songs are all the same, what I mean is they all sound the same but she's not the only one that has that effect on my I think David A is the same way. No live in them at all.. Or so it seems, Honestly I think letting these guys play an instrument was a big mistake, Brooke does much better with her Piano like it's her security the same can be said for David C and for David A. Again in my opinion only I think Brooke wants to go home, she seems so lost up there so something like she miss's her husband and her nanny kids and such. Ok so Carly went home and of course on AI its all the talk that it'll be the 2 Davids in the final anyway so why are we worried about who is voted off when and I did state this fact there, I also have a sneaky thought that keeps popping into my head see what you think.

the praise this season has went to the two Davids right? And all three judges have been saying that they are the ones to beat, right? Ok I've felt for some time that this show is not going to take a chance at getting another Taylor and they will make WHO they want to win If some of you remember I said this from the start of this season, So ok here we were down to 6 and Carly comes in with the BEST performance of the night and in my opinion beating the pants off both the Davids and anyone else for that matter. They will not risk anyone but David winning this thing so they get rid of the strong ones. Think about it and I mean really think about it. David H left one week after his power house performance and I did like him thought he was great. Amanda was another fan favorite and did very well the week she left again one of the better ones that night, Chikeze showed them what he had and poof he's gone, Rami, again did very well the night before her outs Micheal Johns WE all know he was stepping it up and showing the power that he had and again GONE. Kristi wow what to say about Kristi, she delievered poor performances for 5 weeks and the night she improved boom GONE. Do you see a pattern here, In my mind this show is getting rid of anyone that threatens the Davids., They want both of them standing up there at the finals and will make that happen. Jason, Brooke, Syeshe, Carly were no threat but when Carly stepped it up out she went.
Ok so I know it's all in my mind but it does make one wonder doesn't it?
Now I've given more than my 2 cents ha.. but you all know me I like to talk sometime way to much..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:08 am

Sandi, I somewhat agree with your latest statement however keep in mind that last year Melinda was touted as the one to beat and she only came in third when in reality I think she should have won. Yep I do agree the two Davids are being shown to be the leaders. I also think both are wonderfully talented and deserve to still be in this competition even though each have not had great performances each and every time.

American Idol will no doubt be off the air within the next few years permanently but thankfully I am appreciative I have come to know a lot of truly talented people and will be supporting their careers as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 am

It didn't surprise me that Carly left it surprise me that she lasted as long as she did. Inspite of what the judges thought her performance was hideous!!!!!
In fact this whole season is so lame. The people i would have voted for didn't even make it to the top 24 and one of those didn't even get a ticket to hollywood.
And out of those that did i still haven't found even one contestant worth voting for. I thought maybe if Danny made it to the top 12 i may vote for him, and even that was iffy. As the key word there is MAY.
I really really miss season five - especially hearing and seeing Taylor Hicks performances - he is just too amazing, a musical artist and performer in the truest since of the words.
And I really miss season six. Atleast season six had some contestants that was worth voting for - unlike this season where there is really no one worth taking the time to vote for.
Next week is Neil Dimond week - i hoping that some of the contestants will sing Monkees songs. And hopefully not slaughter them unlike Smash Mouth
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:23 am

I understand what you are saying concertcris but last season and season 5 both were won by someone that was not necessarly who AI wanted to win, I of course know that they did not want Taylor and I think last season it was Melinda and or Jordin but with Jordin's Cd sales being low I really don't think they'll leave it up to the American public to vote for who we want. JMO.. And of course my idea of what is going on is just that MINE, I have deviouse mind sometime and it shows ha.. I know both Davids are very good but I don't think David A will be very marketable except to most of the teenagers again JMO

mae- I almost agree with you a little. I was not a Carly fan, never have been, but Tuesday night she showed to me anyway great improvment and I really did like her performance, I think she went in at a egg on her face in her dealing with Randy and I think that' is what stoped me from really caring about her one way or another, but Tuesday night I thought she showed a whole different side of her and I really liked it.

I did not like season 6, coming in after the magic that was season 5 it was big let down, and I didn't think the talent was all that great. I did and do like this season better somewhat, But it seems the more they try to fix this season the worse it gets.

I did like David H and Asia'h coming into this season and believe me I voted hard for both of them. Really I did, but it did no good.

Oh and mae...... I MISS SEASON 5 a lot too..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:51 pm

well in all fairness to gee you did say Brooke sung like a frog.
which made me giggle even though i don't agree.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:50 pm

mae wrote:

Dear mae, I did not say Brooke sang like a frog I said her fans would forgive her even if she did sing like one. Guess I put it wrong as several are misunderstanding what I meant.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 pm

ah concertcris not to worry, I some time think there are some of us that read more into what is written than it there. I'm guilty of that a lot but on this one I knew what you were saying. YEAH FOR ME>. haha..How's that baby??
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:51 pm

wietzema wrote:
ah concertcris not to worry, I some time think there are some of us that read more into what is written than it there. I'm guilty of that a lot but on this one I knew what you were saying. YEAH FOR ME>. haha..How's that baby??

yea i know what you mean, i said something in here as a joke one time, and some people in here was ready to tar and feather me. I was glad it was over a computer and they couldn't get to me, otherwise i would still be washing off those tary feathers. LOL!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:54 pm

concertcris wrote:
mae wrote:

Dear mae, I did not say Brooke sang like a frog I said her fans would forgive her even if she did sing like one. Guess I put it wrong as several are misunderstanding what I meant.

actually the fans this season seems to forgive and over look a lot.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:14 am

concertcris wrote:
:) Well, hello gee. Once again you have chosen to not understand my post. What I meant is that was only an example to show that Brooke's fans will forgive her anything and rave about how good she is even when she is not. I can not agree that Brooke sounded good on her performance of the Evita song. When she made the mistake it threw the whole song off and she appeared to be straining to get through it. Was it the worst of the night, well no but sorry it also was not the best. Remember how your favortism shows? This is a good example of that. I do remember Andrew's comment how flawless Brooke was in rehearsal however that was not what the viewing public saw during the actual performance.

In my opinion Syesha was actually the best of the girl singers that night and I do not actually care for her overall. Sure I do like my Carly but that does not mean I am blind to her faults and if you had read my re-cap you would see I did not grade her as high as I did Syesha. I actually thought Goofy should have went home however his adoring fans will also keep him in the running regardless of the fact of how well or bad he does and he does have a strong fanbase.

The good news is I am sure many of these contestants will get contracts and keep their particular fans in their corners so to speak.
Thanks for posting.

Yeah my favortism does show sometimes. I try not to but can't help myself sometimes. I actually went back and read my review and I think I explained something totally wrong about Brooke as it didn't make sense to me. I do still think she was best girl of the night. Syesha was her best but not great IMO. She should definitely be a broadway singer. Way too over-the-top for me. But at least she showed some personality contrary to all her previous weeks.
I think Cook's was probably the best technically but I did like Brooke's a lot. And I referred to ALW saying she was "flawless" in dress rehersal. I did not mean to imply she was flawless in her performance as she was definitely not. But in her studio version Brooke did wonders. And was flawless.
I also like Cook's studio version which I usually don't. But this one was also amazing. All things considered I do think these should be the top 2.

And sorry about misunderstanding your post. If she sang like a frog I'm sure we would not still like it however I can't seem to help but like her. I can get a little defensive when it comes to Brooke. Any other artist? No, but I get that way with her. She actually, however indirectly, has done a lot for me during a difficult time so I think that is the reason.

I can't wait for tonight! 2 songs I believe. And Neil Diamond! I think Brooke and Jason could do really well tonight if they choose the right songs.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:07 am

Gee- I hope you don't mind my thoughts to your post to CC, I do agree that Syesha was the best gal last week, and also although Brooke has never been a favorite of mine I have been trying to defend her on the AI board this past week, her and Jason are really taking the hits over there and mainly because Carly left. it's
"What are Jason and Brooke still her when the better singer Carly is gone" and such crap like that, I've posted saying that she's gone because she didn't get the votes and blaming Brooke or and Jason for that is insane. It's getting as bad over there as it was during season 5, at least there is something going on there now better than it was last season ha OH that wasn't nice was it? Anyway, I so agree that Brooke and Jason should do great tonight picking the right song is the key. I know last week Jason did not pick his song, it was picked for him and we can only guess that it's because he was in the hospital so much of the week with his illness, It's so not fair to take Carly leaving on these two kids,, Oh well Tonight is another night and I'm looking forward to the 2 songs each and Neil Diamond as a bonus... YEAH!!!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:25 am

Gee -
Sounds as if how you feel about Brooke is how we feel about Tay. Baby, what a beautful thing that is to see. Hold on though, the ride's a bit bumpy, but we have total faith that you are doing the right thing for you. And I see that you have had a rough go of it then? I'm sorry. Tell you what, though, drop me a PM if you need a friendly ear. Meanwhile, as with everybody else around here, my arms are akways open for free hugs. *opens arms for Gee* No obligation - just take 'em. We all can use one now and again.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 am

Passing hugs to all my family here at the Real Deal

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Butterflyhugs
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 am

*grins* That hit the spot...
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08   Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popularity Wins Again - Results - 4/23/08
Page 1 of 1