Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer

Go down 
+2
wietzema
DreamHrt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Empty
PostSubject: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:21 am

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Carpet layer-turned-one-time "American Idol" hopeful Luke Menard has been diagnosed with cancer.

The handsome Season 7 contender, who was kicked off as "Idol" whittled their top 24 to a top 10, has Hodgkin lymphoma, a rep for his a capella ensemble Chapter 6, confirmed to CBS news.

[ 'American Idol:' What's Next For Luke Menard & Asia'h Epperson? - Play it Now ]

"Luke had a lingering cough and was having trouble breathing deeply, so he went to the doctor to have it checked out," Jane Victor told CBS News. "The suspicion was walking pneumonia. But after a chest x-ray doctors saw a mass and did more testing, which is what led to the stage II Hodgkin diagnosis."

Though he was booted out of "Idol" earlier in the season, Menard made several appearances in the audience of the show, as recently as last week.

[ 'American Idol' Celebrity Knock-Offs - Check Out the Photos ]

Menard, 29, and his wife remain hopeful. The disease has one of the highest success rates of treatment for any type of cancer.

"They've been told that it's treatable and manageable. Luke is currently in Los Angeles and plans to return home to Indiana soon," Victor said.

🤷
http://omg.yahoo.com/former-idol-contender-luke-menard-diagnosed-with-cancer/news/9248?nc
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:13 am

This is so sad, he's so young, my heart goes out to him and his family and I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:01 am

Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer 72213 Omg, how sad to hear this news. I did so enjoy Luke on the show and I also will be keeping him and his family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:24 am

Poor darlin'. Hopefully, all will turn out well for him - I'm adding him to my prayer circle.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Carrytaylorfan

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:26 pm

I liked Luke a lot, I have been praying for him, praying he gets better.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Just heard that people with the same disease Luke has have a 97% recovery rate! woo hoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer   Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contender Luke Menard Diagnosed With Cancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: