Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Empty
PostSubject: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:30 pm

David Cook and David Archuleta take their friendly competition from the set of American Idol to the national pop charts. Cook places a staggering 17 songs on the top 200 Hot Digital Songs chart. His bevy of hits includes the new #1, “Time Of My Life,” which opens with a healthy total of 236,000 downloads. Cook’s 17 entries have a combined total of 944,000 paid downloads. I don’t think he’ll need to go back to bartending anytime soon.
http://floodgates.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/david-vs-david-the-battle-moves-to-the-music-charts/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:32 pm

I watched a show the other night that some music expert was talking about David Cook and his chances in the music Industry, this guy, (name excapes me) said that IF American Idol or the TPTB will let him make the Cd that he wants to make he'll do very well but if they follow the last few years and make him do what THEY want him to like they have others namely Taylor Hicks, he'll have just as much problem as both Taylor and Jordin have had, then this guy went on to say that Taylor has a very rich voice but given the type of songs that he had to sing for his first Cd it's not wonder that it didn't sell as well as say Daughtry, And then he said that the JRecords label had the nerve to blame Taylor for the Cd's failure.
Anyway I do wish both the Davids well and I do hope they let David C sing his music his way.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:35 am

David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts 833804 I so agree with that guy you mentioned Sandi. While Taylor did have a few of his own hits on the cd, he never released them as a single. Don't get me wrong I love the cd but think if they had marketed him right he would have done so much better. After all Taylor's "Under The Radar" went gold without the help of the group of American Idol.

They did the same thing to Bo Bice by making him release that pop cd and people were disappointed as they wanted the southern rock Bo. He finally has released that type of album but sadly it is not selling as I think people lost interest because of the first cd. However his second cd is totally awesome in my book.

Hopefully David Cook will not be swallowed up in the pop scene.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 pm

One would think they'd have learned from their past mistakes but who knows right? Time will tell. On the AI boards they are all talking about how BIG both Davids will be, I wish them well and hope they do very well, but I'd bet none of them will be as successful as Taylor if not anywhere else than in his own thinking, He's come a long way and the negative press and such doesn't seem to bother him, he's doing what he loves to do and that means a lot.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 am

It seems to me that they really don't want their people to do wll - a year after coronation, it's as if they can't get rid of their past fast enough.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 pm

They aren't the only ones who have been doing well either. Brooke's Songs From The Attic was #1 on the Amazon charts in pop and singer/songwriter!!!!!

I hope all of the top 8 from this year do well as they are a great bunch. I think in the long run Brooke will do really well and David Cook will do the best right away. I guess time will tell.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:57 pm

I think it's a given that David C will do well right out of the gate most of them do don't they? The real test will be a year from now and I'm sure he'll do well then as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts   David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Vs. David, The Battle Moves To The Music Charts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: