Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Empty
PostSubject: David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath   David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:22 pm

David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath 645528 This is BULLSHIT I tell ya! Makes me fuming mad! :steam:
By Gina Serpe
Thu Jun 5, 2:01 AM PDT

It's the thought that counts. Or at least, it's going to have to be in David Archuleta's case.

American Idol producers have put the kibosh on a planned charity concert in the runner-up's homestate of Utah, an event masterminded by Archuleta's father as a "thank you" to fans who backed the teen crooner.

The toe-tapping token of gratitude, however, apparently wasn't run through the proper channels (like, any) and has now been unceremoniously called off due to a little uncharitable thing called "contractual obligations."

Archuleta's agent, Roger Widynowski, said Tuesday that the concert, billed as "Back Home With David Archuleta" and planned for tomorrow night, would be a no-go because the angel-voiced 17-year-old was not allowed to perform at any non-Idol sanctioned gigs. Not even one whose entire proceeds were earmarked for charity.

"They're just going to reschedule the event for a later time," infamous papa Jeff Archuleta told the Salt Lake Tribune. "When all the minds met, everyone concluded this wouldn't work out for this particular weekend, and they just want to reschedule it for toward the middle or the end of the [American Idols Live! summer] tour."

Widynowski, however, said the Utah concert would more likely be postponed until after the Idol-powered road show comes to a close.

And, it follows, when the proposed gig wouldn't cut into the official tour's potential revenue.

Tickets were originally set to go on sale Wednesday for $1 apiece. A quarter would pay for service charges and the other 75 cents were to be divided between the Multiple Sclerosis Society and Make-a-Wish Foundation.

Hometown fans will still get a chance to see the star-in-the-making before then, as the Idol tour touches down in Salt Lake City on July 14 and 15.

Archuleta is in his hometown of Murray through the end of the week before returning to Los Angeles to begin rehearsing for the summer trek, which features champ David Cook and the rest of the top 10 finalists and kicks off July 1 in Glendale, Ariz.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.eonline.com:20080605:1194d2bc4add_4e98_88d0_c1ad12e376bd__ER:58653

Im sorry but to say NO to any charitie cause just because it's not IDOL authorised???
Sorry gang but I have one thing to say to AI executives:
:finger:
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath   David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:03 pm

This is BIG talk on the AI boards, and I do agree that a show for charity is a great thing and all that and the thought was sure in the right place BUT I'm afraid on this one I have to understand Idols reasoning. I mean David's dad HAD to have known that David is owned by Idol for at least 3 years and if they let his do this how many others will want to do the same, It's more exposier for sure and Idol should like that but it' could also cut into their Tour Concert sales, I mean why pay the 40 dollars to see David when they can only pay a 1.00. I be willing to bet that AFTER the tour concert is over they'd let him do it. And the reason for this concert sure won't be going anywhere soon.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath   David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 pm

This is what i think idol and tptb should do.  Turn the season eight tour into a charity tour for Make a Wish and the MS foundations.   People are going to pay big bucks to go on those tours anyways - and this way the money is going to two very worthy causes.    This way they can earn a lot more money for the charities then just one contestant holding a concert in their home town.   Anyway you look at it if they do this it would be a win win situation for everyone involve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath   David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:16 pm

mae wrote:
This is what i think idol and tptb should do.  Turn the season eight tour into a charity tour for Make a Wish and the MS foundations.   People are going to pay big bucks to go on those tours anyways - and this way the money is going to two very worthy causes.    This way they can earn a lot more money for the charities then just one contestant holding a concert in their home town.   Anyway you look at it if they do this it would be a win win situation for everyone involve.

Nice thought mae but American Idol would never donate all the proceeds to charity, The reason for the concert tour is to make them more $$$$ and they'd never lose that, I've heard that the reason they dont' take all 12 on tour is the cost factor involved so what does that tell ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath   David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David A's Dad Still Can't Beat Idol Goliath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: