Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David Cook pays homage to Dave Grohl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David Cook pays homage to Dave Grohl Empty
PostSubject: David Cook pays homage to Dave Grohl   David Cook pays homage to Dave Grohl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

With the contest behind him, American Idol winner David Cook is now paying homage to one of his idols: Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl. On this evening's Tonight Show With Jay Leno, after performing his single, "Time of My Life," Cook will play a cover of the Foo Fighters hit "My Hero," one of the band's most beloved songs, which originally appeared on their second release, The Colour and the Shape (the album through which Cook taught himself to play guitar). The exclusive performance is part of the show's Summer Concert Series and will be available online starting at 3:30 a.m.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Cook listed Grohl as one of several rockers on his cowriting wish-list. "The thing I like about him is his music has some substance," Cook said. "He's also kind of realized the absurdity of being a celebrity so he doesn't take himself or any of the extra stuff too seriously. I can only hope to be like that." Cook's full-length debut is scheduled for a November release on RCA Records, the same label that distributes the Foos' albums. No word on whether there's been any official collaboration talks as of yet, but check back for updates.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/06/cook-and-grohl.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20080613-item1
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

David Cook pays homage to Dave Grohl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: