Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol Updates - 6/17/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Empty
PostSubject: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:16 am

hello Hello all. It has been awhile since I have given an update of some of our idols so figured I would get caught up with some of the latest news. Hope you like it. Here goes:

Taylor Rocks As you all know Taylor is going great guns on Broadway and seems to be everywhere at different events in New York. I am so happy for our soul man! The other good news is we should be getting a new album out of him sometime this year. I personally can hardly wait.

👶 Congratulations go to Season 2's Josh Gracin and his wife Ann Marie as they are expecting their 4th child. Since their marriage in 2001, seems they are adding to the population quite well as they already have Briana, Landon and Gabriella who are excited by the coming addition. Josh is doing well on the charts also as his song "We Weren't Crazy" is at #17 on the Hot Country chart.

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 195404 Belated birthday wishes go to Kevin Covais of Season 5 who turned 18 on May 29th. Our "Chicken Little" has been very busy since his season. He is a member of the Metropolitian Youth Chorale, The National Honor Society and is a spokesperson for the American Diabetes Association. He is co-starring in the 2008 comedy "College" also. In 2006, he sang at the Disney World Holiday Concert and was also featured on Paris Bennett's debut cd entitled "Princess P". Although he still remains un-signed by a major label he is hopeful for the future. Best wishes Kevin!

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 639879 Another recent birthday was celebrated as Season 5's Lisa Tucker also turned 18 on June 13th. Lisa is keeping busy as a singer and actor of musical theatre and television. You may remember she appeared on the show "The O.C" that same year she appeared on AI. Last year she acted as a reporter for the Red Carpet Finale of American Idol. Happy Birthday Lisa and much success in your future.

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 839840 Seems another idol from Season 5 is getting into acting. Bucky Covington who has been charting so well on the country charts will be appearing as a musician in next year's release of "Hannah Montana: The Movie". Bucky is thrilled as this was a special request from none other than Billy Ray Cyrus who is the dad of popular teen star Miley Cyrus. Also appearing in the movie is Rascal Flatts. The movie itself is being filmed in Tennessee. Best wishes to all of them!

wiggle As many of you probably know, David Archuleta has been signed with 19 Recordings/Jive Records. David who is from Murray, Utah is thrilled and should be as 3 of his songs are doing quite well on the charts. Currently on the charts are his songs he sang on this year's show. They are "Imagine", "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" and "In This Moment". Simon Fuller (the creator of AI) along with others agree that this young man does indeed have a bright future ahead of him.

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 924272 Speaking of Davids, this year's winner, David Cook is enjoying much success on the charts. The first week after having won idol, his song "Time Of My Life" sold 960,000 downloads. That's almost a million folks. On the Hot Digital chart he came in at #18, on the Hot 100 he debut at #3. Altogether Mr. Cook had 14 singles on the Hot Digital chart that he sang on the show. Also had 11 singles on the Hot 100 which is the second highest number of entries in Billboard history. The record was set by the Beatles in 1964 who had 14 singles on that particular chart. And if that was not enough, David also had 15 songs on the Pop 100 chart. Looks like our David is definitely going to be a star!

clap I would also like to gratulate Blake Lewis who charted this week with his song "How Many Words" which came in at #48 on the Hot Dance Club chart.

Another congrats go to Chris Sligh of Season 6 who is currently on the charts with his song "Empty Me". He is at #16 on the Hot Christian Adult Contemporary chart and #15 on the Hot Christian chart.

For a complete rundown of our idols you can visit the site www.foxesonidol.com who give a complete list of the charting of our idols.

Idol Updates - 6/17/08 13092 Well gang, that's the news for now. Take care all!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Wow the idols have been busy haven't they? I didn't know about Bucky's acting or to many of the others as well, Did know about Kevins Birthday it was on the AI front page, but no mention of Taylors Broadway role, :( SO not nice..
Thanks CC You always make sure we know who is who and what is what.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Good Lord, they aven't said anything about him being on B'Way yet? Insane.
Good to see everybody doing well. Thank you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 pm

As always your great to have around CC thanks for the updates. Hey I could use your talents for the news letter.... what cha think? You onboard???
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:00 pm

:waveing: Hello all and thanks for posting. I agree that them not mentioning Taylor's debut on Broadway is a real slap in the face however his loyal fans will spread the news.

Hey Jodi, I am not any good at graphics however I could submit some items here and there if you have any ideas on what I could write about. I actually did do a newsletter in my office each month when I worked for the phone company. It consisted of different events that have happened in our world for that particular month. An example was an article I did on how the time change came about, also how some of the holidays originated and so much more. Maybe I could do a piece every so often about great
artists who have influenced the music world since music is my first love as you all know.

It might take me awhile to do these which is why I said here and there as I am now watching my new grandson and he is a handful at times but I would try to get an item in when I could. Anyway, let me know.

:flowerheart: Toodles for now gang.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:34 pm

You write an article and ill post it. Take your time I do newsletters every few weeks.
Oh and Tyggy may I have your talents as well??
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 pm

don't want my talents Jodi, I'm crushed... :( :( Oh I forgot I don't have any, exept writing LONG posts ha.... :)

I think CC and tyg are wonderful choices to help you out both are great at what they do for sure.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 pm

Hey your part of the RD family! Write away! I will put everyones nickname beside what they write!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 am

*looks around* Who says I write....Oh yeah, wait - I do. I forgot.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/17/08   Idol Updates - 6/17/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol Updates - 6/17/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: