Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Hicks, to Perform on PBS' "A Capitol Fourth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Hicks, to Perform on PBS' "A Capitol Fourth Empty
PostSubject: Hicks, to Perform on PBS' "A Capitol Fourth   Hicks, to Perform on PBS' "A Capitol Fourth Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Jimmy Smits, who made his Broadway debut in Anna in the Tropics, will host the annual PBS special "A Capitol Fourth."

The fireworks extravaganza — filmed live at the U.S. Capitol — will air on PBS stations around the country July 4 from 8-9:30 PM ET; check local listings.

The 90-minute special will boast performances by Tony Award winner Brian Stokes Mitchell, "American Idol" winner and current Grease star Taylor Hicks, opera singer Harolyn Blackwell, Huey Lewis & The News, Jerry Lee Lewis, Hayley Westenra and figure skater Scott Hamilton. Erich Kunzel will conduct the National Symphony Orchestra.

The program will also capture fireworks displays at various landmarks in the national's capital. Eighteen TV cameras will be stationed around Washington, DC, with filming from the U.S. Capitol, the White House, the Washington Monument and across the Potomac River.

In a statement host Smits said, "I am honored to host 'A Capitol Fourth' live from our nation's capital. You don't want to miss this year's all-star cast and the most amazing fireworks display ever. I hope you'll join me and the millions of Americans watching at home in what is truly America's biggest birthday party."

"A Capitol Fourth" can also be heard live in stereo over National Public Radio and is broadcast to U.S. military personnel in more than 175 countries and aboard 140 U.S. Navy ships at sea on the American Forces Network (AFN).

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118972.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

Hicks, to Perform on PBS' "A Capitol Fourth
Page 1 of 1