Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Wonderful Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Wonderful Story Empty
PostSubject: Wonderful Story   Wonderful Story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:21 am

I read this story on OSP board from oldiebutgoodie . It touched me enough that I had to bring it over:

Several months back, a shipment of singing dogs came into the Floral Dept. for romantic stuff--a bulldog that sang Louis Armstrong,
a b/w spaniel pup that sang Donny Osmond--Puppy LOve==and this little guy--a brown hound dog that howled and sang
Ray Charles' "I Can't Stop Loving You"--I found out the hard way one morning while at the front checking in vendors-and pressed the dog's paw out of curiosity. I almost collapsed with laughter--and I KNEW the little fella HAD to get to Taylor=but HOW?

Ross Bridge was the first option--of course it was cancelled-then came Broadway. Jazzy, myself and three other fans put together a goodie box for opening night-each one had to contribute--and my contribution was the little brown dog-whom I had named "Rayvis" due to the Ray Charles/Elvis connection. I scribbled a silly note about the dog--"Hi Taylor--my name is Rayvis and I am a singing hound dog.
Some of your Bama fans sent me to be your Broadway guardian angel since they can't be here opening night. If you want to find out why they call me Rayvis, just press my paw..." and stuck the note in the dog's mouth, closed the box and mailed it. We tracked it and it
got to the theater two days before opening night. I knew it was there, but I figured it got lost in a room with all the other tons of stuff he got.

To my surprise, when the professional opening night pics were published-there were about 5 shots of Taylor in his dressing room-and I am referring to the front shot of him standing there--if you look on that photo above his left shoulder on a shelf is Rayvis!! All the dressing room shots have the dog hovering over him like the guardian angel he was sent to be!!
Wonderful Story Righthickssave-6708-32Wonderful Story Righthickssave-6708-30

After I came back down to earth, I bought another one of the dogs and made a video of him singing. A friend helped me post it on
YouTube today--my FIRST--

Watch this and you'll know WHY he's on a shelf in Taylor's dressing room on Broadway!!

Uh Taylor--if you're lurking--thanks for pressing the paw! May you and Rayvis have many wonderful years together!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTfY5yknFM4
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Wonderful Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Story   Wonderful Story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Jodi
That is a wonderful story, Great in fact, thanks so much for posting it.. Loved it..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Wonderful Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Story   Wonderful Story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:45 pm

I added the pictures of Taylor to show what she ment
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Wonderful Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Story   Wonderful Story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:46 pm

wow it's a great story and the pictures are great as well thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wonderful Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonderful Story   Wonderful Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonderful Story
Page 1 of 1