Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PBoyers

PBoyers

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Empty
PostSubject: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:07 am

At the rails:

Wow – I almost don’t know where to start. Well, I guess I will start at the beginning. After our meet & Greet Friday night (25 July 08) TaylorBug and I stepped outside and right behind us came Taylor. The screams were deafening and it was the first time I had a chance to see the autographs seekers up close and personal.

I couldn’t get close to the rail so I stepped back and started taking video. It was really cool to see the reception he got from non-SP. The crowd was very excitable – if you know what I mean. Cheers, screaming, etc….. One guy, yes a guy, screamed “Taylor, my man! You’re my inspiration, YES!”

Stage Door Video from Friday Night 25 July 08

Part 1

Part 2

On Saturday afternoon, I was doing my sworn duty and manning up the rails, when I hear this girl of about 10 – 11 years old exclaim “Taylor Hicks Made The Show!” So I got it on video…..

So I made it to the rails all 5 shows, but the best was on Saturday night, before I videoed and Taylor was in a talking mood. Here’s my recount of the conversation as I heard it – taken from my personal notes:
TxSoulGal at the beginning of the rail far left, started it by telling Taylor “We miss you on tour.” – Taylor’s reply “I miss Me on tour!”

He was standing there and talking and signing all the Playbills, photos and anything else people were handing him, all the while smiling for the multiple flashes going off non-stop. A voice from the crowd (a non-SP) is heard to comment, “Taylor, you are a very nice person.” This seemed to be a revelation to this person and you could hear it in their voice.
Taylor stopped immediately, thought about it for a second or two, continued to sign things and started talking – almost as to himself….

“Well, that comes from 15 years of nobody knowing your name. When you work at your craft day in and day out and no one comes to see you and no one knows your name – then it’s easy to appreciate your fans.” I may not have it word for word but that is really close to what I heard him say. It really struck a chord in me because he was just so sincere and you could tell it was coming from someplace inside of him and not a practiced polished sound bite. It was a very poignant moment for me because he seemed to almost be talking to himself. With all the pandemonium around – the fans all talking at once – here was Taylor having a moment.

By then he was in front of me and I had to have him sign something in order for him to continue to stand in front of me. Someone handled him a large photo of himself to sign and he grabbed my hand (the one holding the Playbill for him to sign) in order to have some leverage so he could sign the photo. It all happened very fast – but it was a good moment.
I had heard him say something to TxSoulGal about his tour, but he was too far away for me hear so I asked him if I had heard right, that he would be starting another tour early next year? He said, “Yes, January or February I’ll start and it will be the same kind of tour as last year.

Still smiling for the cameras he moved on to TaylorBug and Skeeter who were to my right.
So we waited around while he did the other side and I got a little video of that – then he came walking back to his Escalade and that’s when I caught my “Blowing the kiss” video.

It was amazing to see and experience. It is hard to relay the electricity that comes over the crowd when he comes out. Just a wonderful experience. (((((sigh))))))

Saturday Afternoon 26 July 08

Saturday Night 26 July 08

Sunday Afternoon 27 July 08

Sunday Night 27 July 08

Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:22 am

:) Thank you, thank you, thank you. Great videos! I just love seeing how wonderful Taylor looks and how much the crowds are appreciating our guy.
I am so hoping to see him on tour next year as I was not able to go to his solo tour last time around. Now that people know how great Taylor is they will make his latest cd coming out in August a huge success.

Taylor Rocks JUST ADORE THIS MAN!

Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 322546 Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 am

I think that's exactly why he is so good to us. Spoils us rotten. Because for a long, long time, he did without. And it made him hungry. Thanks for that - that reaffirms my faith that he really does have a beautiful heart. I knew that, of course, but it bears recognition and acknowledgement now an again.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
PBoyers

PBoyers

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:05 am

:) :)
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks so much!!! I knew everyone here would be happy campers with this! Your a doll for doing it!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Mickeyl
Super Mod
Super Mod
Mickeyl

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 pm

The last vid just kills me. In a good way, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27   Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stage Door and At The Rails - More Videos - July 25-26-27
Page 1 of 1