Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Empty
PostSubject: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 pm

hello I have been neglecting this report lately so there is a lot of catch-up news. Sorry for this lengthy report but next time I will not wait so long to report the news.

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 639879 Lots of Birthdays to report so here goes:

First up is Justin Guarini who turned 29 on August 28th. Since his idol days, Justin has been one busy guy. He has released two albums and is currently working on a third. He also co-hosts on the shows "Idol Tonight" and "Idol Wrap". He has emerged as a leading advocate for music education and also raises money for several charities. He recently traveled with other idols Brandon Rogers, Gina Glocksen and Nadia Turner to Afghanistan to entertain the troops. Coming this holiday season he will be on the "Christmas with Idols" tour.

Season 7 Ramiele Malubay turned 21 on September 5th. She of course has been quite busy on the American Idol tour which wrapped up on Sept. 13th. She hopes to put out an album in the future.

Sweet and adorable Sanjaya Malakar from Season 6 turned 19 on Sept. 10th. Sanjaya has been quite busy since his idol days. He has appeared on a number of shows. He attended the White House Correspondents Association as their guest. He was ranked 3rd on Time's 100 Poll for The Most Influential People of The Year. In 2007 he was named "Best Reality T.V. Star" at the Teen Choice Awards. He also landed a Nationwide Insurance television spot and submitted material for the "Chicken Soup for The American Idol Soul Book". He and his sister Shyamali are currently living in Los Angeles and pursing careers in entertainment.

September 12th has a number of birthdays. Season 2's Ruben Studdard celebrated his 31st birthday. Ruben has released 3 albums and has appeared in a number of cameo roles both on film and television. On Season 7, Ruben's song "Celebrate Me Home" was used for each contestants farewell song. He has done some theatre work and is currently taking on the role of Fats Waller in the national tour of "Ain't Misbehavin" which starts on November 17th. In June he married his longtime girlfriend Surata.

Season 3's Jennifer Hudson turned 27 on Sept. 12th and received a added present when her main squeeze David "Punk" Otunga popped the question. David stars on the reality show "I Love New York 2" and is a Harvard Law Graduate. He has also done work with the Reverend Jesse Jackson. Now happily engaged, Jennifer is releasing her long awaited debut album which is due out September 30th. She has also been busy in film as she had a role in the "Sex and The City" movie. Her next film is "The Secret Life of Bees" opposite Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys and Dakota Fanning.

Another September birthday is Season 5's Melissa McGhee who turned 24 years old. She has performed at several festivals in her home state of Florida and is said to be in the beginning phases of putting together her debut album.

Last but not least Carly Smithson of Season 7 turned 25 on Sept. 12th which was one day before the end of this season's American Idol tour. She has appeared on several television shows and even filmed a commerical with fellow idols Syesha Mercado and Brooke White. She has received several offers with different labels to record an album and now that the tour has ended will be concentrating on releasing an album.

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 195404 Best wishes to all who have celebrated recent birthdays and much luck to all of you for continued success.

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 839840 Pretty Carrie Underwood received two more nominations for the upcoming Country Music Awards. She is nominated for "Album of The Year" and "Female Vocalist of The Year". Being the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry she has already won 4 prior awards for songs off her Some Hearts album which has gone 7x Platinum. Her fall tour for her latest album Carnival Ride kicks off on September 23rd in Cleveland, Ohio.

Sweet Kellie Pickler also received a nomination for "Best New Artist" for the Country Music Awards.

Congrats girls and best wishes to you!

🎶 Handsome Phil Stacey of Season 6 performed at the Rutherford County Community Fair in Tennessee. along with Grand Ole Opry member Jimmie C. Newman. This is an annual memorial event in remembrance of those that perished on 9/11. Way to go Phil!

Blake Lewis also from Season 6 has laid out plans for his first national tour. You can check out American Idol for the tour dates. He and fellow idol Chris Richardson just returned from Norway and Iceland. They went with the Hollywood Knights who are a non-profit group that raises money for Cancer research. Highly commendable Blake and Chris and best wishes for the tour.

Last but not least, David Cook now has an official site called DavidCookOfficial.com. Check it out for all the latest of this very talented guy. His debut album is set for release on November 18th.

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 201170 Well that's the news for now and hope you enjoyed reading about your idols. Until next time, take care!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:54 pm

Thanks CC, With my stupid internet being so mean I haven't been able to get over to AI but for a min here and there. Thanks for posting now I'm all caught up again.. Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 584949
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Gotta say, she does keep up with a lot of people, an thank goodness - I'd be worn out!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:28 pm

I have no idea how you do it.. but im thinking about starting a whole thread for this. Called Idol news.. what cha think? CC id have to count on you to keep it going. I never know whats what lol
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
I have no idea how you do it.. but im thinking about starting a whole thread for this. Called Idol news.. what cha think? CC id have to count on you to keep it going. I never know whats what lol

:) Hey there I would be happy to report the news but may only do it a month at a time. I read several sources to get the info for all that is happening with our idols. Let me know what your plans are.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:56 am

Well it's a perfect job for you CC, because you sure are on top of things. I always thought I was too HA, Boy do I have a lot to learn ha a.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Well cc, maybe ill just put them in the newsletter. Everyone seems to enjoy your stuff very much... :)
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:18 pm

concertcris wrote:
DreamHrt wrote:

:) Hey there I would be happy to report the news but may only do it a month at a time. I read several sources to get the info for all that is happening with our idols. Let me know what your plans are.

Thanks!

Thanks CC for keeping me posted. I don't know what I'd do without your informative info. Keep on doing it. I do read the newsletter so if that's where to go I'm there. 🆒
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm

oh CC still post it here for our members! There are alot that dont show up. They read the NL though. So we can do both. Why not??
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:45 pm

:) I'll keep reporting Jodi and I am okay with whatever you want to do. My next posting of news will probably not be until the month of October. I'll let you know when I do it. Also I probably will not be posting a new article for awhile as I am dealing with some things with my mom but I will be getting a new article together for the newsletter in about a month or so.

P. S. Thanks for letting me know people enjoy all these reports. Not that I am conceited or anything but it's nice to know people like it.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:50 pm

CC I am the same way with my graphics. I enjoy it when people give me an atta girl :) I hope everything is okay your way??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08   Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of Idol News Catch-Up - 9/15/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: