Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame' Empty
PostSubject: Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame'   Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame' Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm

This just in from The Department of I'm Totally Failing to Pay Attention to the Country Music Scene: After 12 weeks on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, American Idol finalist Kristy Lee Cook's debut single, "Fifteen Minutes of Shame," has crept its way up to No. 28. What's more, in September, Cook released a CD, Why Wait, which debuted at No. 8 on the Top Country Albums chart, then quickly fell out of the top 50.

I know I was tough on Kristy Lee throughout Idol's seventh season, but for the love of Paula's wayward weaves, how is it that 19 Entertainment signed her to a deal, while leaving superior talents like Jason Castro, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, and Brooke White with a big collective plate of nothing?

One listen to "Fifteen Minutes of Shame" (embedded after the jump) and you'll feel fresh outrage over this indignity. Kristy Lee's vocal gives the track the personality of a soggy bowl of store-brand corn flakes, and the spoken-word interlude in which KL reveals the name of her do-wrong boyfriend (jump ahead to the 2:10 mark to hear it) is the musical equivalent of adding a dollop of hot processed cheese to said cereal bowl. It's gross. And it inspired the following (admittedly bitchy) poll question:
To view the poll visit the link below
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/kristy-lee-cook.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20081111-item2
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame'   Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame' Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
This just in from The Department of I'm Totally Failing to Pay Attention to the Country Music Scene: After 12 weeks on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, American Idol finalist Kristy Lee Cook's debut single, "Fifteen Minutes of Shame," has crept its way up to No. 28. What's more, in September, Cook released a CD, Why Wait, which debuted at No. 8 on the Top Country Albums chart, then quickly fell out of the top 50.

I know I was tough on Kristy Lee throughout Idol's seventh season, but for the love of Paula's wayward weaves, how is it that 19 Entertainment signed her to a deal, while leaving superior talents like Jason Castro, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, and Brooke White with a big collective plate of nothing?

One listen to "Fifteen Minutes of Shame" (embedded after the jump) and you'll feel fresh outrage over this indignity. Kristy Lee's vocal gives the track the personality of a soggy bowl of store-brand corn flakes, and the spoken-word interlude in which KL reveals the name of her do-wrong boyfriend (jump ahead to the 2:10 mark to hear it) is the musical equivalent of adding a dollop of hot processed cheese to said cereal bowl. It's gross. And it inspired the following (admittedly bitchy) poll question:
To view the poll visit the link below
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/kristy-lee-cook.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20081111-item2

Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, is not even as good as Kristy Lee Cook and Brooke White and Jason Castro is NO better singer then she is. They may be no worse of a singer but the aren't any better. And if someone is looking into the camera begging his fans not to vote; because if he get voted though he would have to learn three songs; is he really ready to enter the field of music and entertainment?!?!?!?!? NO NO NO and NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how is that song any more hideous then Kellie Pickler-Red High Heels, anything by Daughtry, David Archuleta's Crush, David Cooks' Lights On or even some of the Carrie Underwood songs!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Actually in all fairness to Kristy Lee Cook i can't picture anyone from the top 24 of season 7, with maybe the exception of Syesha Mercado coming out with a cd worth spending money on. However you never know. One may come out with a super great cd. I doubt it however truth is stranger then fiction and stranger things has happen!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp

Kristy Lee Cook's '15 Minutes of Shame'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: