Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

December 2008 - Idol News

Go down 
+3
DreamHrt
tygrlllie
concertcris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

December 2008 - Idol News Empty
PostSubject: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:21 pm

:presents Well it is almost the end of 2008 and I hope all of you get your Christmas wishes granted for this year. In the meantime, figured I would pass on some idol news for the last time this year. Enjoy!

Taylor Rocks Under the title "Taylor in the News" is the latest posting of an interview our guy did with BlogCritics Magazine so make sure you check out that section. The reason I am posting this as part of the news is that I found the same article actually posted on the American Idol website. It is about time that site give some recognition to our beloved Taylor. woo hoo

December 2008 - Idol News 451785 Some of our idols received Grammy nominations. They are as follows:

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance - Jennifer Hudson for her song "Spotlight"

Best R&B By a Duo or Group With Vocals - Jennifer Hudson featuring Fantasia for the song "I'm His Only Woman"

Best Female Country Vocal Performance - Carrie Underwood for "Last Name"

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals - Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown for the song "No Air"

Best R&B Song - Mikkel S. Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Shaffer Smith/songwriters - Singer Jennifer Hudson for "Spotlight"

Best R&B Album - Jennifer Hudson

Best Song Written for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media - Alan Menken and Stephen Swartz/songwriters - Singer Carrie Underwood for the song "Ever, Ever After"

Best Gospel Performance - Kim Burrell, Rance Allen, Bebe Winans, Mariah Carey and Hezekiah Walker's Love Fellowship Tabernacle Church for the song "I Understand" off Randy Jackson's Music Club, Vol 1

🍌 CONGRATS TO ALL THE NOMINEES

December 2008 - Idol News 322546 Congrats go to Jordin Sparks for coming in at #7 on ITunes for top selling songs of 2008. She and Chris Brown have had a lot of success with the duet "No Air" which makes our Season 6 winner quite happy.

:christmas Clay Aiken has released a new album for the holiday entitled "All Is Well - Songs for Christmas". If you access ITunes via Goodshop.com, 3.75% of your purchase price will go to Clay's charity foundation "Bubel/Aiken Foundation" or the charity of your choice. This is an awesome way to show goodwill I think. Right on Clay!

nono Our young David Archuleta was present to perform today (Dec 6th) for the annual "Hollywood Christmas Tree" lighting. The event was free of charge but guests were invited to donate to the charity group known as "One Heartland", an organization that helps improve the lives of kids impacted by HIV and Aids. Way to go David!

:bdaysign: Belated special birthday wishes go to Luke Menard who turned 30 on December 1st. I am not sure how many are aware that a few months ago Luke was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma. He has undergone 12 rounds of Chemotherapy and this turned out to be one special birthday as he is now Cancer free. He is set to receive radiation treatments as a preventative measure however. This illness did not keep our idol down as he is currently working on a Christain album. He also was able to contribute to the latest album of his prior group Chapter 6. If that was not enough to keep this cutie busy he is managing to tour on some Christmas dates with Chapter 6 and also go on some tours with his wife Lara who is a Rockette.
A very Happy Birthday Luke and I wish you the best in your future.

wiggle Phil Stacey was the Grand Marshall this year of the 56th annual "Nashville Christmas Parade". This talented guy was recently dropped from his contract with Lyric Records but Phil remains optimistic about his career. I think Phil would have done better if he had been properly promoted by this label in his sales but you know how that goes with some of these companies. Personally I have his cd and he sounds great on it so I am hoping this cutie will once again record as I love his voice.

clap Some of our Season 2 idols recently starred in the Tony Award winning musical "Ain't Misbehavin" at the Cultural Center in Scranton, New York. Our talented idols consisted of Ruben Studdard, Trenyce and Frenchie Davis. If any of you got to see the show I am sure it was great with this exceptional cast.

December 2008 - Idol News 820770 David Cook's solo album debuted in the #3 position for it's first week out and was #1 on the Digital Album charts. Congrats to our current American Idol. Another bit of news regarding our American Idols who hold the title another website "Foxesonidol" posted the rankings of all 7 idols on their first week totals. Here are the rankings:

1. Ruben Studdard - 416,569 units sold
2. Carrie Underwood - 314,549 units sold
3. Kelly Clarkson - 297,000 units sold
4. Taylor Hicks - 289,199 units sold December 2008 - Idol News 531978
5. David Cook - 280,000 units sold
6. Fantasia - 239,389 units sold
7. Jordin Sparks - 119,119 units sold

Keep in mind these totals were just for the first week debuts of their albums. Runner-ups in sales of idols who did not win the title are:

Clay Aiken - 612,859 units sold
Chris Daughtry - 303,677 units sold

Way to go idols! Seems our idols are a force to be reckoned with in the music industry! :)

December 2008 - Idol News 201170 Well gang, that's the latest news for now. I will be back in the new year of 2009 with more news about our idols. Until then, take care and

:merry
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Great bunches of good news!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks CC. I have been working on the newsletter and I will be posting this!! You rock
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Thanks CC. I have been working on the newsletter and I will be posting this!! You rock

hello Jodie. I posted a Christmas Trivia Quiz at the Christmas Cottage site in case you are looking for things to post as part of the season. I mentioned it in the anything chat section but see that no one has posted anything there. Anyway, just thought I would mention it. Take care!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks CC, I love reading the sales numbers, I know of course they are for the first week but today I'm feeling nasty and I bet it totally freaked AI and Simon out when Taylor sold more units that David C the first week and the fact that Taylor debuted in 2nd while David debuted in 3rd, Sorry but I LOVE IT...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

wietzema wrote:
Thanks CC, I love reading the sales numbers, I know of course they are for the first week but today I'm feeling nasty and I bet it totally freaked AI and Simon out when Taylor sold more units that David C the first week and the fact that Taylor debuted in 2nd while David debuted in 3rd, Sorry but I LOVE IT...

December 2008 - Idol News 322546 Hey Sandi, I could not agree with you more!

Cool To Simon and all involved with 19 Management and American Idol.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 am

Now to just get Brooke in that list hehehehe :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:52 am

Gee! *runs into thread and gives Gee a great big squishy hug* Hey handsome, where in tarnation you been?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:53 am

tygrlllie wrote:
Gee! *runs into thread and gives Gee a great big squishy hug* Hey handsome, where in tarnation you been?
~tyg

Me? I've been plenty of places, MN, to 3 A.I. concerts total, to a new job at a PhoneBase Research, and thru a very confusing time in my life. Things are still confusing me but a heck of a lot more is making sense now. Oh yes and did I mention confusing? LOL

Anyways holidays are coming so i don't know how much i'll be around but I thought I'd pop in to see how everybody is doing. :)
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:02 am

Hey Gee!! Great to see ya! Life confusing??? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
lol I wouldnt know it any other way
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:35 am

haha yeah ain't that the truth. But thankfully I think even tho it's still confusing it's not on the HUGE scale it was before. and after this week it will die down i think.

But anyways.... how's everybody doing?
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm

His life is very confusing. More confusing than mine amazingly!

Hi everyone!!! Big hugs for all! I'm alive just not here too much. busy busy but I needed to stop by and say 'Hola' cause I miss you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Hello everyone. Glad to see the site busy. Thanks for the updates CC. You are always so informed.

Life confusing? hehehe I won't even go there. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2008 - Idol News   December 2008 - Idol News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December 2008 - Idol News
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: