Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

prayers please

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 am

I just received a call fromConnie (Browneyes) that her husband Paul, who is an avid bike rider was on his way to work this morning and was hit by a car. He is currently in the ER with a broken leg and bumps and bruises. Thank God he was wearing a helmet. His leg may need surgery. Her call was brief because her daughter-in-law beeped in, but I will keep you posted.

Renee
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:55 am

I'll bee calling to check on them, and naturally, am praying too.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 am

Any word?? There in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
naynaystay71

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Update: Paul was transferred to University Hospital in Iowa City at noon. Connie, her son, daughter and daughter-in-law are with Paul. They are doing tests on his broken leg (sorry I don't know if it's left or right) to see how much damage there is, but he will need surgery probably sometime today.
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Pray hard, guys - it might be more severe than we think. They believe his fibula was shattered. More when word reaches me.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm

prayers please 66645 Noooooooooooo this is NOT good news.. please tell her our prayers are with her and the family
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Will do, but nothing new as yet, aside from surgery has been postponed till tomarrow on account of swelling.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm

I just talked to connie & also talked to her earlier his suregry is tomorrow & i guess its a 2 part thing If im right there was damage to one of his muscles if they dont do one of the surgerys it could die. The other surgery is to fix the frature to his fibula. Being at thew Hosp messed up the call.

Please keep praying for Paul hes a great guy.

Connie will probably stay at teh hospital with him tonight So i dunno when she will be in But I know I can say for her & Paul thank you for all the prayers they r really appreciated.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Paul is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning. Connie is staying with him tonight.

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:05 am

Ill make sure to put in an extra prayer for all of them
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:04 am

Thanks for reading and praying with us, even if you aren't aware of who Connie and Paul are, you can make bank one day you will. Connie truly is a guardian Angel, and Paul has always been her rock, holding her steady. I know he'll be okay - I have great Faith in my Father - but it sure does help to have another to share the load. Love you all.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Quick Update Dr came in this morning early & told Paul his leg is still swollen so they r gunna wait till tomorrow to do the surgery. Good news it'slooking like they won't have to do surgery on that muscle it's looking good & if it keeps it up & does better they will only have to repair Paul's shattered fibula.

Let's keep praying that his Muscle does better & they dont need to do surgery on it.

Like Tyggy says Connie & Paul a Jewels to have as friends Connie is one of the sweetest people I know & Paul is a funny & sweet guy.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Connie = browneyes correct? The one that can never get enough of the spirit of giving all year round?
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:58 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Connie = browneyes correct? The one that can never get enough of the spirit of giving all year round?

Yes Maam that be her she does her best to help when she can.

I think she sent you blankets last year when your heat got turn off. Or am I wrong & thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:16 pm

That's right, Jodie. And yes, that's right, Penns. This is one of so many things I have been witness to, testifying to her candidacy for angelhood.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:14 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
That's right, Jodie. And yes, that's right, Penns. This is one of so many things I have been witness to, testifying to her candidacy for angelhood.....
~tyg

She is catholic I vote saint.............
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:39 am

Saint works.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am

prayers please 72213 I really do not know these people but wanted to add my prayers along with everyone else that Connie's husband will be okay and with God's help will recover fully.

Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Will do. Me Tyg or Renee will keep you posted as we hear anything. Im leaving Connie alone till she calls me.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:36 pm

I just talked to Connie's daughter and she reported her dad came out of surgery well to repair his broken femur(sp?). She said, they put a metal brace on his leg. They even might try to get him up walking in a whirlpool before the day is over.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Yay!!!!!!!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:13 am

I just talked at length with Connie. She says Paul is feeling pretty good after surgery and she's going to do a little Christmas shopping before heading up to Iowa City. She was telling me that there is a service at the hospital (connected to the University in some capacity) that will take emails and make cards out of them to take to patients. I haven't yet found out about it, but if you guys happen to research it before I do, and feel good about dropping Paul a line, please do so - it would do so, so much for his heart. His name is Paul Buckley.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks for the update tyggy... I would research it however right now my own brain is mush lol
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, goose, I expected no less than that! *hugs* You have enough to worry about, Jodie.
Here, though, here's where you can email Paul.
http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/Programs/Volunteerservices/emailpatient.asp
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey girls, P:aul is coming home tomorrow for a few days. He has 3 metal rods in his leg 1 at the hip, 1 at the knee, and 1 at the knee to stablize the break which is under the knee. Connie showed me the MRI today and it lookss nasty. He will be going back to the U of I later this week to get the rods removed and more repair work. Connie reported that he was even up this AM walking using a walker. I am amazed I believe if he had not been so active before the accident he would not be ahead of scedule like he is.

I also spent so time with Connie today and took her to lunch at the new Sonic in town and to do some Christmas shopping. She is tired but in good spirits. We were even joking how the cats miss Paul. haha. She really appriciates all the prayers and well wishes from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

prayers please Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayers please   prayers please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

prayers please
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In General :: Please Pray for-
Jump to: