Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

no top 2 favorites and no repeats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

no top 2 favorites and no repeats Empty
PostSubject: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Answer the following without naming your top 2 favorite contestants and without repeating a contestant. So you would name a different contestant for each of the following.

best audition

best vocals during an AI performance

best overall vocals

best stage presents during an AI performance

best overall stage presents

best song from a cd-pre or post AI

best overall cd-pre or post AI
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:20 pm

best audition---Kelly C

best vocals during an AI performance-- David Hernandez as short as it was..

best overall vocals -- Elliott Yamin

best stage presents during an AI performance--- Mandisa

best overall stage presents --- ????

best song from a cd-pre or post AI---Do I Make You Proud

best overall cd-pre or post AI ----- Round Around
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Taysiah wrote:
Answer the following without naming your top 2 favorite contestants and without repeating a contestant. So you would name a different contestant for each of the following.

best audition

best overall vocals

:) Jeesh, our Taylor is tops in all these categories but I will name a different person for each category to be fair. Here goes:

Best Audition - Asia'h Epperson (this was a touching one in my opinion)

Best vocals during an AI performance - Lakisha Jones (Her rendition of "Your Gonna Love Me" was so much better than Jennifer Hudson singing it)

Best Overall Vocals - Taylor Hicks (For me he was great every performance)

Best stage presence during an AI performance - Constantine Maroulis (Bohemian Rhapsody)

Best Overall Stage Presence - Bo Bice (His accapella performance of the song "In A Dream" was absolutely amazing)

Best Song from a cd pre or post AI - Clay Aiken "The Way"

Best Overall Song from a cd pre or post Ai - Taylor Hicks "Do I Make You Proud" or Elliott Yamin "Wait For You" (I named Elliott since I had already picked Taylor for another category but as mentioned above Taylor has been the most fascinating contestant ever)

no top 2 favorites and no repeats 13092
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Let's try this again
Taysiah wrote:

best audition

best overall vocals

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am

best audition: Taylor Hicks, hands down the most awesome audition ever in my opinion. Love the swanne river rock. And no he's not in my top 2... not after this season baby.

best vocals during an AI performance: ??? ummm Doolittle, Melinda Doolittle. Which performance? I would say I Am A Woman. Of course that one had some massive stage presence too.

best overall vocals: David Archuleta.... vocals hardly cut it in my book tho. Tho archie really is such a sweet kid in person. His father was a jerk tho.

best stage presence during an AI performance: Brooke White - Let It Be... she totally captivated the entire audience and did so by staying at her piano. There's some stage presence most people wish they had. But since I couldn't use her i'd say Michael Johns his queen medley of We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. Of course I could easily state a lot of the idols from this season as having the best performances. Oh how much better they've gotten since the show.

best overall stage presence: well Taylor does have a lot but with this one I will have to go with David Cook. Yes I know i'm not supposed to name one of my top 2 he is my second favorite but it's true. If it wasn't him it'd be ??? ummm Chikezie? idk David Cook's song I Don't Want To Miss A Thing was absolutely awesome in all of the 3 concerts i went to! And on Hero! Wow! This guy can rock!

best song from a cd-pre or post AI: well hands down Jesus Take The Wheel. One of my favorite songs of all time. Making Carrie my third favorite idol. I do like Light On a lot tho. But it's not even in the same category as JTTW. There may be one i'm forgetting i like but studio versions from this season don't count otherwise.... Let It Be! ;)

best overall cd-pre or post AI.... ummm well it's not Taylor's i would say Carrie Underwood either Some Hearts or Carnival ride I would say overall Carnival Ride but Some hearts has some songs i like a lot better, but since i already said her I'd say Kristy Lee Cook's new cd. Overall that one is pretty great!

But see Mae you left out some major categories singing isn't all about vocals nor stage presence tho they do play a large part.

There is

The performance that was the most original: Shot Through The Heart- Blake Lewis

The performance that is most genuine and real: Let It Be :) duh I'm sorry no other idol performance comes even close in this category.

or how about most moving performance: well to be different and not say LIB again i'd say.... God Bless The U.S.A by Kristy Lee I got chills!

the Best Overall Performance: and to not use LIB again the best performance on idol other then Let It Be.... was.... *drumroll*....... Shout To The Lord by all the idols on IGB night. It was the perfect performance... the surprise song choice only helped it along. Bravo Season 7 Bravo!

There are a lot of standards for singing and while stage presence and good vocals help they aren't what makes a truly great performance in my mind. Someone that totally believes what they are singing and sings a song with so much conviction makes one great. Hence the addition of one of the categories. Feel free to use those too. :)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:30 am

Hey Mae, it's hard NOT to mention Taylor, I did it but it was not easy and I agree with CC he would have been on the list for everyone one of the question if you hadn't thrown in that NO FAVORITE thingy.. :) :)
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:42 am

no top 2 favorites and no repeats 322546 Okay Mae, I got your message. My top 2 favorites from all seasons of American Idol have been Taylor and Clay Aiken so I will only delete the answers to the categories I put them in. They are:

Best Overall Vocals - I'll say Carrie Underwood. She is boring to watch but have to say as a singer she is very good.

Best song from a cd pre or post AI - My vote goes to "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson although I really dig Carrie's "Before He Cheats" and "Jesus Take The Wheel".

Best Overall cd pre or post AI - Okay a tie here. Elliott Yamin and Ace Young's debut cds are both awesome and I play them alot.

no top 2 favorites and no repeats 451785 As you can see I left Taylor and Clay off this list, okay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no top 2 favorites and no repeats   no top 2 favorites and no repeats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no top 2 favorites and no repeats
Page 1 of 1