Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

ew list of top 15 performance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

ew list of top 15 performance Empty
PostSubject: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Topic: EW's List Of Top 15 Idol Performances
Posted: Sat, Dec 13 2008, 12:44 PM

This is EW's list of what they think are the 15 best Idol performances ever. There's some really nice writeups about each one. I'm curious how many agree with it, and if you don't, what your top 15 would be?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20189900,00.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm

1.Fantasia Barrino~Summertime

2.Kelly Clarkson~Stuff Like That

3.Elliott Yamin~A Song For You

4.Blake Lewis~You Give Love A Bad Name

5.Bo Bice~In A Dream

6.Jennifer Hudson~Circle Of Life

7.Chris Daughtry~Hemmorhage

8.Melinda Doolittle~My Funny Valentine

9.David Archuleta~Imagine

10.Jordin Sparks~I (Who Have Nothing)

11.Carrie Underwood~Alone

12.David Cook~Billie Jean

13.Trenyce~Proud Mary

14.Ruben Studdard~Superstar

15.Jason Castro~Hallelujah
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm

I haven't seen the first 4 season, however i love Bo Bice In a Dream and glad it is on the list!!!
As far as the performances from season 5, 6 and 7 I think EW and I were watching two different American Idols.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:10 pm

needless to say my list would be all Taylor Hicks' performances, with a few honorable mentions.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:05 pm

ew list of top 15 performance 527840 Mae for posting this link however while I think some of the choices are noteworthy I can not agree wholeheartly with it. This is my list of the top 20 performances:

1. Taylor Hicks - Trouble - This was one song where Taylor just showed so much passion in my opinion. I love his rendition so much better than the original singer Ray LaMontage. I have to say also that Taylor's rendition of the Joe Cocker song "You Are So Beautiful is right along this top favorite performance of mine of Taylor's on the show. Wow, the emotion is awesome! Of course all of Taylor's performances would take over this list totally with the exception of "Country Roads" however to be fair I will list others I thought were awesome.

2. Taylor Hicks - Do I Make You Proud - His winning moment was made so much better when he sang this song and thanked the other idols, the band, the judges, etc. This will forever be my favorite moment of any idol win.

3. Bo Bice - In A Dream - This was the first time actually someone sang accapella and he did such an amazing job. I was totally mesmorized watching this performance.

4. Clay Aiken - Unchained Melody - I actually did not watch Season 1 and only caught a few performances of Season 2. This is one performance of Clay's that totally nabbed me as a constant supporter of this talented guy.

5. Elliott Yamin - A Song For You - I totally agree with EW's take on this performance. It showed such versatality of this wonderful singer.

6. Chris Daughtry - Wanted Dead or Alive - I honestly think this was his best performance of the show although he had some good moments on other songs but but the time the top 12 were announced I was losing interest in him.

7. Ace Young - All I Wanna Do Is Cry - His beautiful and heartfilled renditon of this Keith Urban song was tops in my book.

8. Melinda Doolittle - Have A Nice Day - While "My Funny Valentine" was done exceptionally well by her I was really taken with her wide range of talent as she performed this Bon Jovi classic. For me personally I feel she should have won that season.

9. Lakisha Jones - And I'm Telling You, Your Going To Love Me - Wow, this performance was truly awesome and totally committed me as a fan. She had many great moments I feel on the show with my other top favorite by her being "This Ain't A Love Song" during Bon Jovi week.

10. Carrie Underwood - Alone - Have to agree this showed alot of range as Carrie performed this song. Sure wish she would put out a pop album as this girl is truly a gifted singer although boring to watch I think.

11. Blake Lewis - You Give Love A Bad Name - Blake was awesome doing this totally different rendition of a Bon Jovi classic.

12. Chris Sligh - Typical - The moment Chris sang this off-beat song I became a devoted fan and felt he left too soon on that season.

13. Constantine Maroulis - Bohemian Rhapsody - This was his shining moment during season 4 and loved how he performed this number.

14. Phil Stacey - Blaze of Glory - He was absolutely fantastic during this performance and felt he should have delivered this kind of music on his debut album.

15. Fantasia - Summertime - One of the few performances that she gave during season 3 that showed the true emotion of a great song. Sadly, she ruined this on her debut album by screaming the lyrics.

16. Elliott Yamin - If I Can Dream - Loved how he performed this Elvis Presley classic. I also thought he did well with Elvis's song "Trouble".

17. Jordin Sparks - I, Who Have Nothing - Her rendition of this Tom Jones classic was indeed a beautiful moment from her. Awesome!

18. David Archuleta - Imagine - Have to say this was done extremely well by this young man. His balladeer quality is overall a true gift.

19. Katharine McPhee - Somewhere Over The Rainbow - While I am not a fan of this young lady I have to agree she had a shining moment during this performance.

20. Antony Federov - I Surrender - I loved this guy's voice on this song as well as many other performances he did during season 4 in spite of the negative responses from Simon.

Some runner-ups for me personally are:

Mandisa - I Ain't Going To Hurt Anymore - Awesome performance on this 50's classic.

Paris Bennett - These Foolish Things - Loved how she performed this jazz number and think if she had made this type of album it would have went over better.

I could go on and on but these are my picks. I am totally disappointed that EW left Taylor off the list.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:31 pm

I agreed with some of the choices on the list but there were quite a few very good perfomances left off. I agee with CC...To have Taylor left off the list is totally wrong. Many of his performances would rule my list.

Here are some of the ones I remember and liked the most:
1. Taylor Hicks - Do I Make You Proud
2. Kelly Clarkson - Natural Woman
3. Melinda Doolittle - My Funny Valentine
4. Phil Stacy - Blaze of Glory
5. David Archuleta - Imagine
6. Chris Daughtry- Wanted Dead or Alive
7. Rueben Studdard - SuperStar
8. David Cook - Billy Jean
9. Jennifer Hudson - The Circle of Life
10. Blake Lewis - You Give Love A Bad Name
11. Taylor Hicks - In The Ghetto
12. Elliot Yamin - Free
13. Constantine Maroullis - Rhapsody
14. Brooke White - I am, I Said
15. Clay Aiken - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 am

Josiah Leming - Grace Kelly should be on that list.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:16 am

OH Ho! If we were to go "old school". My top five.....Grace Kelly, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como. My favorite "oldies".
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ew list of top 15 performance   ew list of top 15 performance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ew list of top 15 performance
Page 1 of 1