Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Empty
PostSubject: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 am

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 833804 Hello gang. Well tonight's round of auditions find us in Salt Lake City, Utah and after much rambling from the judges on being there, three things really stood out the most for me from this night. First is that this is the hometown of David Archuleta. Secondly that we are constantly hearing how friendly this town is after every commercial break and finally we get to hear several sob stories from our contestants. Let me also add that love was in the air especially for our judge Simon. Before we start with contestant number one I have to say I was not actually blown away by any who did make it to Hollywood although there is one potential for me personally.

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 396952 Up first is a young man named David Osmond. You guessed it that he is indeed related to the famous Osmond family out of Provo, Utah. His dad is Allan Osmond who is suffering from MS. David also has this affilition but he says it comes and goes and currently is feeling fine. He sings a song by the group Take 6 which is called "Something Within Me". The judges are not crazy about the song choice but do like his singing well enough to give him the gold. What puzzles me is why he is trying out for this show when he comes from a famous family who could push his career. Oh well, on to the next contestant.

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 957205 Simon rolls his eyes as the next girl enters the audition room. She is a heavy-set girl with bright red hair and a awful mess of Goth clothing which include stockings with a run in them. Her name is Tara Mathews and she is attempting to sing a song from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. It is as bad as her attire and the judges are giving her a no with Simon mentioning that she sounds like a baby singing. This chick is not so friendly as she leaves the room and ends her moment of glory by flipping off the camera.

Next we see lots of weird and bad singers who do leave empty-handed but do say thank you. Friendly, right?

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 542948 Another nut enters whose name is Chris Kirkham. He has with him a picture of Simon on a stick and his buddy Greg who is dressed fully in a rabbit suit. Chris calls him his lucky rabbit. He attempts to sing with the "Rabbit" behind him but this is too much for Simon and the judges ask the rabbit to move to the side of the room. He starts to sing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" but Simon once again stops him and says this is not working. None of the judges are impressed so it is a no but the rabbit does give Simon a big hug before they leave the room.

More of the friendly folk follow who are told no to Hollywood. Again a ton of thank you's from each. Okay enough already, let's move on.

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 451785 Next up is a young mom who has just turned 24. Frankie Jordan is cute, overly confident and ready to get her ticket. She sings in just an okay voice for me personally but the judges like her and she gets her golden ticket.

:( Another sob story as we hear from now single mom Megan Corkrey. She has just gotten a divorce and is raising her child alone. Oh boo hoo. This girl is cute in the face but I could do without that tattooed arm of hers. She sort of sings, half talks the song "Can't Help Loving That Man of Mine". I was a no from the beginning but the judges actually liked her and send her to Hollywood. Are they deaf tonight or what I ask.

We next see several who get sent to Hollywood but do not see their auditions. However one who is not so lucky is Andrew Gibson but get this he also says thank you to the no from the judges. Boy am I getting sick of those two words.

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 322546 Up next is Austin Sisneros who is a cute kid and currently class president of his high school. He has a nice quality to his voice as he sings a Train song. The judges do not like the song choice although they think he can sing. The judges chuckle when Austin adds that he thinks they want him to fail. He then sings another song by someone called Raffie. At this point he sort of reminded me of our dear Taylor because he seems like he really has "soul". The judges decide to let him through to Hollywood. For me this is my only potential of the night.

More tears flow as we see several who do not make the cut.

🍌 A fast snippet of Jarrett Burns who sings "Put Your Records On" and makes it to Hollywood is shown before we see many who don't make it as they blend these bad singers into one. Jeesh, I hate these filler moments.

wiggle Next up is a very tall girl named Taylor Vaifanua and she is singing the song "Joyful, Joyful". I so remember this song from the movie "Sister Act II: Back in the Habit". Randy truly raves about this girl and the other judges also like her enough to give her the golden ticket. I found her voice pleasant but nothing special. What did make me wonder is this girl is suppose to be 16 years old but looked about 25 to my eyes.

:mouth: Another sad story from the next girl Rose Flack. Seems her father died when she was 13 years old. Then a year before these auditions her mother is killed in a car accident. What I did not get about this story was that it appeared that Rose moved in with her best friend's family after the father's death. Why was she not with her mom I wondered. Anyway, she loves her adoptive family but does add that if she does not get the golden ticket and has to go back to Idaho, she does not know what she will do. Mighty un-grateful on her part as her adoptive family would still be there wouldn't they? Needless to say after performing Carol King's "I Feel The Earth Move" she will not have to wonder as she is going to Hollywood.

lol! So our time in Salt Lake City ends with only 13 people getting their tickets. This amazes me out of the thousands who showed up and are oh so friendly. Okay Crystal, get off your catty soapbox. We have a special show coming on Thursday which is the remaining two cities of the auditions. They are in New York and San Juan. Next week is the Hollywood rounds and I say yea, yea, yea as I am tiring of this audition process. I must now say good-night and once again welcome your comments.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 am

Your recaps are again right on, CC. Thank you!

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 833804 Here are some of my thoughts on the SLC auditions:
David Osmond- I have been a fan of the Osmond Bros for years and was excited to see an Osmond audition. Have to agree with you CC. Why does he even need this with such a musically gifted family to support him? Anyway, I liked him. (did I mention, his dad Alan Osmond, was my favorite?) LOL

Tara Matthew, Megan Corkrey and Rose Flack all had so-so voices to me. I also am wondering what the judges are thinking by giving these people the gold ticket. I guess they hear something I don't.

I really liked Austin Sisneros. I think he has alot of potential but like I've said before...I staying reserved this season. I'm afraid to get too excited about any one contestant as they may eventually get voted off. We'll see! Still liking Danny Gokey though. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Interesting. And are they stacking the deck with semi-professionals again?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Good question. Look at the background David Osmond has. How semi-professional can you get? Seriously!!!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks CC. I missed the show last night so couldn't wait to read your recap, had grandkids all day so first chance I got was just now, Can't comment on your recap as I don't know any of those that did audition but totally agree with your reasoning on Osmond, Make no sense to me but maybe he wanted to give it a shot on his own Ya like anyone would turn down and Osmond right?? AI is on again tonight right? Going to be here in front of my TV for the show tonight, Have you seen anyone that has really grabbed your attention this season, I mean someone that you might vote for??

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm

wietzema wrote:
Thanks CC. I missed the show last night so couldn't wait to read your recap, had grandkids all day so first chance I got was just now, Can't comment on your recap as I don't know any of those that did audition but totally agree with your reasoning on Osmond, Make no sense to me but maybe he wanted to give it a shot on his own Ya like anyone would turn down and Osmond right?? AI is on again tonight right? Going to be here in front of my TV for the show tonight, Have you seen anyone that has really grabbed your attention this season, I mean someone that you might vote for??

Thanks again.

Hiya Sandi. I like Danny Gokey alot and several others from the first round of auditions but their names escape me at the moment. This Austin kid I mentioned is also a possibility. I hate to get too excited either because Hollywood will definitely tell the story of who might make the top 36 plus we have not seen everyone who makes it there. I will be back on later with my re-cap.

Toodles for now!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm

I remember Danny G. But for me the one that stood out the most is Kai, don't remember the last name, think it starts with a K as well. But I did like him. Tonights show was a bit boring I though..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 am

wietzema wrote:
I remember Danny G. But for me the one that stood out the most is Kai, don't remember the last name, think it starts with a K as well. But I did like him. Tonights show was a bit boring I though..

Hi W. It's Kai Kalama. (I think that's how he spells it) I've got my eye on him as well as Danny G and Austin. Who would I end up voting for? I don't know yet. Going to wait and see who makes the cut in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:42 am

gee maybe I won't vote this year that way when they get voted off I won't have a melt down like I did last year when David H got voted off ha..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:18 am

I hear ya there W. I was very disappointed when David H was voted off. Like I've said before....I staying reserved in the beginning to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09   Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salt Lake City Auditions - 1/28/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: