Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Empty
PostSubject: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...age=true&cat=33

If You Think You Know the Music of Taylor Hicks, "The Distance" Will Show You a New Side

I received a copy of "The Distance" the new album by Taylor Hicks due in stores March 10th. While Taylor's voice is still the same with the great whiskey tenor that fans love, "The Distance" is a comp
lete turnaround from his debut CD "Taylor Hicks". Taylor still knows how to deliver a song and grab the listener, as Rod Stewart once said of Taylor, "by the balls".

"The Distance" is listed as a pop album. Taylor infuses his own soulful take with his Modern Whomp Sound and in my opinion it can best be described as Americana music.

The CD "The Distance" takes the listener on a journey through amazing story songs of love, humor, heartache, the effects of war and growing together as one.

The title track "The Distance" is a rocking tune that will have listeners dancing to the beat. The message is clear. "We are all the same - if we build that bridge together, we will all be in a better place and the distance between us all will be gone one day.

"What's Right is Right" is the second track and is the first single available for download on iTunes. This is a soulful love song than many can relate to, capturing the old R&B sounds of the past. Taylor reminds us how wonderful it is to know that someone is there beside you through rough times as well as the good times. You can view the video at Yahoo Video Premieres.

"New Found Freedom" the third track is another rocking tune that will get you on your feet. This song is a feel good song of freedom in leaving the past experiences behind while keeping your head held high. The gospel tones in this song give a very spiritual sound to the listener.

"Nineteen" track four, was originally performed by Waycross, but Taylor Hicks puts his soulful voice into it to make it his own. With the recent events shaping today's world this song will find a place in everyone's heart.

"Once Upon a Lover of Mine" track five on the CD is a song that will get you swaying and grooving to the Modern Whomp beat that has become Hicks' trademark.

"Seven Mile Break Down" track six, was written by Taylor's close friend Wynn Christian from Sthingyful James. Another toe-tapping song that Taylor delivers in his own way making you want to listen again and again.

"Maybe You Should" track seven is the sad love song I have been waiting to hear from Taylor Hicks. The song is about a guy remembering how great they had it at one time but painfully aware those if she can walk away; forget what they felt and what they built together, -than maybe she should. Taylor's voice and delivery will touch you deeply.

"Keepin it Real" track eight, is Modern Whomp at its best, true and fun. The beat and the lyrics will keep you moving and smiling. Taylor does his own harmonica solo which fans have all come to love.

"I Live on a Battlefield" track nine is a song was written by Paul Carrack/Nick Lowe and made famous by the Pointer Sisters. Taylor brings this song back to the forefront of music and the beat will get you dancing and wanting more.

On "Wedding Day Blues" track ten, Taylor shows his true grit and humor. You will be laughing before the song comes to an end. This song would do well as a video.

"Woman Gotta Have it" track eleven is the final track on the album. First sung by Bobby Womack, but in my opinion, Taylor's voice and delivery makes this much better than the original. Hicks does an amazing collaboration with Elliott Yamin. These two soulful sounding men are amazing together and this song will be loved by both Taylor and Elliott fans and will attract new fans.

So I disagreeessment of this CD is that Taylor Hicks went out on his own, created his own label, worked his butt off looking for the right songs and nailed it. It's clear that Taylor Hicks put his own personality and creativity into the making of this CD. Taylor has shown growth both as a musician and as a songwriter.

"The Distance" album, will be available in stores on March 10th. Released on Taylor Hicks own label Modern Whomp Record. This album is being distributed through a partnership with Artist to Market (A2M) an independent artist services company.

You can per-order your copy at Amazon and other outlets. If you think you know Taylor Hicks, you are about to discover "The Distance" of his music.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 pm

good find, great review of songs
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Thats awsume!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 am

Taylor Rocks Great review and this has me impatiently waiting to get my hands on the album. What's Right is Right is truly an awesome song and I have also heard the track "Nineteen" which had me bawling my eyes out as it is so touching. No one tells a story with song like Taylor.

Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" 600701
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 am

I had already read this review and was so glad to see such great things written about Taylor and the album. The author did a fantastic job. Now I really, really can't wait to hear the rest of The Distance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"   Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic: An awesome review of "The Distance!!"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: The Media-
Jump to: