Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 Empty
PostSubject: The Votes Are In - 2/28/09   The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 pm

:) Hello all. The dreaded night so many contestants hate is on Thursday this week. Ryan Seacrest looking good in jeans, blue shirt and jacket opens the show by saying the foundation of the show depends on the power of the vote. He questions what have we done? Welcome to American Idol!

We get a brief introduction to our first top 3: Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace and Michael Sarver. The intro to the judges follow with Ryan asking Simon "what's better for you this year"? Simon is really not in the mood to discuss it and says let's get back to the show. Before we get to the group sing we see another re-cap of the auditions of our current twelve.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 322546 Tonight's group sing is the song "Closer" by Ne-Yo. I thought it was nicely done by our contestants but felt kind of sorry for them being so crowded on such a small stage.

During the following commercial we see another audition we missed during that period and understandable as the girl singing was not very good. After the break, we get another re-cap of the performances of last night. Jeesh, they kind of run this part into the ground I think.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 468517 Some chat follows with contestants Nick Mitchell (loved his remark on how he is always looking for employment), Matt Breitzke who had a good point on what Simon said the night before that it was too late for advice however Matt feels differently on that subject, Jesse Langseth who says it is tough picking the right song and finally Jeanine Vailes who thinks she might have over-compensated on her choice of song.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 399539 Called to the stage first is Allison Iraheta, Jesse Langseth and Matt Breitzke. Randy is asked who he thinks makes it. He goes with Allison and he is right on. She sings "Alone" once again and I have to admit this girl does have a powerhouse of a voice. I do think her hair color is distracting and oh how I hated that outfit she wore which made her look so old.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 72213 Next to the stage are Megan Corkrey, Kris Allen, Matt Giraud and Jeanine Vailes. Paula is torn who will make it, but then we find that both Jeanine and Matt are out of the competition. This did surprise me regarding Matt. Now we only have Kris and Megan. We have to endure a long-winded speech from Kara before we find out that Kris Allen is the chosen one. He is totally stunned, pays respect to the rest of the group and thanks everyone who voted before he gives another dreary performance of "Man In The Mirror". I don't want to offend the Kris fans but honestly I just do not find him that impressive as a singer.

🍌 We see an idol retrospective next to the song "Wonderful World" and it was interesting to watch especially in view of the fact we got to see a brief moment of our Taylor.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 833804 Brooke White performs next looking quite beautiful I thought. She is singing a new single that has been released to ITunes. It is called "Hold Up My Heart". It really did not thrill me as a song but I do feel Brooke has a very good voice. In cased you missed it, give her duet with Michael Johns "Life is Okay" a listen. This is an awesome song in my opinion by these two former contestants.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 248559 The tension mounts as our last 5 contestants are called to the stage. Mishavonna Hensen feels like she did her best. Kia Kalama says he did what he does. Jasmine Murray feels confident but doesn't know what the night will bring. Sadly all three are out of the competition. I really felt badly for Kia as I truly like this guy. I am sure Sandi is also very disappointed.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 57823 Before we hear the fate of Nick Mitchell and Adam Lambert, Ryan asks Simon if he prayed the night before (keep in mind that he hoped Nick would not go through). Simon says he prayed for about 5 or 6 hours and hopes he and God have a good relationship. Obviously his prayers were answered as Adam Lambert is the final choice for the top 12. No real surprise here. Adam then sings again "Satisfaction" and honestly for just a brief moment he reminded me of Elvis Presley not as a singer but with his look.

lol! Okay we now have 6 of our top 12 and based on what Simon said it looks like next week we will know who the wild cards are. However our final group of 12 will be performing also. They consist of Ariana Afsar, Junot Joyner, Kristen McNamara, Nathaniel Marshall, Lil Rounds, Jorge Nunez, Kendall Beard, Scott Macintyre, Felicia Bardon, Von Smith, Taylor Vaifanua and Alex Wagner-Trugman.

Until then, hope all of you have a great week ahead.

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 396979
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Votes Are In - 2/28/09   The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:31 am

Yes CC-Sandi is sadly disappointed :(

I think Ryan ALWAYS look good he is a nice looking guy and he seems like such a nice guy that it seems so unfair to see him every week having to give one of these kids such bad news. :)

No suprise that Allision made it, and I agree she does have huge voice and is very good and I also agree that her hair color is VERY distracting. Wow what a color ha..I wonder if the stylists will try get her to change it now..The red doesn't bother me but it's so RED... The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 57823

Well CC I knew what was coming and I knew that Kai wouldn't make this round. The odds were so against him but I don't want to give up and am still hoping for a Wild card. He was honest that he did what he does best so that could be a stike against him. I guess I'll have to wait and see. BUT I sometime think it would be better to just let go of this hope because it would be easier to not see him in the top 12 only to be voted off first, like David was last season. Oh well I guess I'll still be hoping ha.. The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 322546

I was very surprised to see Kris make it through, I really thought it would be the gal that sang "Betty Davis Eyes" (can't think of her name) Kris seems like a nice enough kid and does have a decent voice but didn't think he was that good on Wed night.. The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 645846

No surprise at all that Adam made it. I think that was a given really, wiggle He is not my favorite but maybe he'll grow on me and over at AI he has a HUGE fan base already, and now they (his fans) are saying that he is Elvis all over again not only in style but it looks Sorry I don't see it and said as much, the only thing I see the same is the hair color. Guess it was the wrong thing to say cuz boy I got pounded on by a few. The AI boards are famous for that though huh? :mouth: The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 795426 The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 66645
I really have to learn to keep my mouth shut lips

Brooke looked and sound amazing I thought, she doesn't seem to be that shy gal we seen last season and she's grown in a lot of ways. The Votes Are In - 2/28/09 299357

The best part of the night for me anyway was the look back at the other seasons. I thought that was great and seeing Taylor was a bit of a surprise, I told my husband they won't show him watch and see. I was so glad I was wrong.. Did you notice though that they seemed to show more from season 5 then the others?? It was the highest rated season but they would never admit that though.. nono

All in all I guess it was a pretty good show for a results show and only one more group to the final 12 and it will be interesting to see who gets it from next week, I'm guessing Lil Rounds is the best bet for the gals.

Keep up the good work CC, :kisses:
Back to top Go down

The Votes Are In - 2/28/09
Page 1 of 1