Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Empty
PostSubject: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:18 am

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 412302 Well tonight's show was the results from last night's performance and due to the extremely long and rough day I had I missed the show because I fell asleep before it aired. My daughter woke me up 15 minutes after it was over. Grrr, I was so mad at myself. However I have been over to the American Idol site and know who did make the top 3 picks from the round we saw last night. I am happy to say my picks made it. They are Scott Macintyre, Lil Rounds and Jorge Nunez.

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 795426 Now knowing who the wild card picks are I am not so happy and even more unhappy that the judges get to choose who will fill our remaining 3 seats to make up the top 12. These are the picks:

Randy - Von Smith and Tatiana Del Toro

For some reason the judges were really into the lukewarm performance Von gave of the Marvin Gaye classic. I found him just to be average overall and his weird facial expressions are a turn-off. To bring back that annoying drama queen Tatiana boils my blood because in reality I think they will give her a shot at the top 12. I got so sick of this girl with her braying laugh during the Hollywood rounds.

Kara - Matt Giraud and Jasmine Murray

I was hoping they would bring back Matt as he showed real potential during Hollywood in spite of his not so good performance of "Viva La Vida" during the first rounds. That first week was a tough one for sure as many I wanted to see make it didn't and that was based more on song choice overall. As for Jasmine, she is just okay in my book although she can sing.

Paula - Ricky Braddy and Jesse Langseth

I am glad Ricky is getting another chance. If you remember he sang "A Song For You" and showed a really good voice although the judges did not care for his stage presence. My take is that part of the performance can be learned just like it was when Elliott Yamin was on his season. Jesse Langseth sang "Bette Davis Eyes" and frankly I was not impressed at all with her voice although all the judges really liked her.

Simon - Anoop Desai and Megan Corkrey

Anoop was for sure a shoe-in for the wild card as he was beat out by Michael Sarver that first week. I think it surprised everyone that he did not make the cut right away but the Michael fans were dilligent with their voting. Megan Corkrey is indeed a pretty girl but that tattooed arm of hers is a real turn-off and frankly I was not all that impressed with her performance of "Put Your Records On".

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 833804 Since the judges get to pick the last 3 contestants to move on I have a feeling they will fill the spots with the girls as currently due to the vote only 3 girls have made the top 12. For some reason they seem to want to balance out the 12 spots in spite of the fact that this particular season the guys seem to be so much better than the girls. That is why I think Tatiana may make it into the top 12 and that will definitely put a damper on this show for me personally. If they were actually going by real talent those last three slots should be filled with Matt, Ricky and Anoop. Of course that is just my personal opinion and you make think differently.

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 201170 Anyway, sorry I blew tonight's re-cap but hopefully I will be able to give a full report tomorrow on who makes it from the wild card show. Until then, take care my friends.

Just a side note to all. I took my mom into Reno today and we got some fairly good news. My mother does not have Cancer yet however she does have some pre-Cancer cells that need to be dealed with. Due to her healing from this last surgery, the doctor wants to do laser surgery on these cells in approximately 3 months from now. To say the least I am happy that the biopsy reported no Cancer at this time and hope she can finally beat this thing in the future. Thanks for all your support everyone.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:20 am

CC

you are entitled to nap and to be honest so far AI has a lot of living up to do from past seasons well for me anyway. I think a lot of people had wished they'd naped through last nights results ha..

I agreed with you on the 3 that would be America's pick for the 12 and when it came to the Wild card pick I was so hoping KAI would be given the second chance, but once again I was disappointed and as much as I do like some of those in the 12 so far I don't know if I like them well enough to vote for them. I'll more than likely vote for the one that gets the worst treatment from the judges and those on the AI boards, Right now that is Scott, there are many threads over there about him using his blindness to make it this far and I honestly don't think that's true at all ..

I Can not BELIEVE they are giving TaTatiana another shot, Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 555837 OMG this girl really has to get a grip and start acting like someone who deserves to be there because I have a feeling she's going to the 12 if for no other reason than the DRAMA that comes with her. The other two not so sure.. I read that in season 1 & 2 they didn't do the 6/6 split and that's the format they are following this season so maybe it will be more guys than gals, guess we'll find out tonight huh? I think they'd all like to see Ricky and Anoop back in the running and I knew they'd be in the WC as well..

So tonight is the night and then we can move on to the next stage of this game called American Idol and with the rumors running around about Adam I'm kind of wondering if the same thing that happened to David H will happen to him...

Good jobas always CC and STAY AWAKE TONIGHT ha ha. :) I'm kidding..

OH GOOD NEWS about your mom, I'm so happy for you and my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you....Cancer is a scary thing and if they can catch it early that is so super great..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:03 am

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 527840 Sandi, I am so relieved knowing my mom is cancer free at this moment. Of course those cells could get ugly but the doctor is really keeping a close eye which is good.

I so agree about Tatiana. This girl annoys me to no end and I do not care how good she sings I will never vote for her or ever buy her music.

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 322546 I feel more rested today so I should be able to stay awake for the show.

Talk to you later.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 pm

If Tatiana returns, I at lleast know where my mute button is :)
Great about Mom! I will continue praying. And don't beat yourself up - seems to me you well earned that nap!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Before I start....CC, I'm so happy to hear your mom is cancer free. Yay!!
Good news, Tatianna didn't make the Top 13. Yes, that's right folks. The judges made this a group of 13 final contestants. The final four were Matt Giraud, Jasmine Murray, Megan Corkrey and the underdog....Anoop Desai. To be honest, I was floored because everyone I figured would round out the Top 12 did indeed make it plus one...ANOOP!!!
Finally, we can get down some serious performances starting next week. (I hope)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09   Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry I Goofed - 3/4/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: