Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Empty
PostSubject: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 am

:welcome1: Hey everyone. Well finally the real competition gets started as we see our top 13 perform tonight. Ryan Seascrest looking mighty good in his green suit lets us know we have made it to the big stage and boy what a difference the stage looks like this season with winding staircases on both sides of the set. Our intro to the judges is a little different also as they are introduced on the big stage and this time make their way to their chairs. Before our contestants are introduced each judges gives a comment on what the contestants need to do to stay in the competition.

Randy - bring it hard
Kara - expects alot and she will be tougher on them
Paula - don't be afraid of the big stage
Simon - besides singing good, don't forget the words

Tonight's theme is the music of Michael Jackson and frankly I am glad about that as he is one of my favorite singers. Ryan tells us he is the unmistakable King of Pop and has been in the business for 40 years. He has influence many genres which include r&b, pop and rock and has sold over 750 million albums. For his efforts on the Thriller album alone he had over 100 million in sales. Quite a feat for this very talented guy.

One last note before we get to the performances, each contestant will tell us a little about their families and where they live. Okay, let's go:

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 396952 Lil Rounds is starting us off and she is singing "The Way You Make Me Feel" off the 1987 album "Bad". She along with many others on this night does seem to make the song her own with a bluesy take on this song. She showed some range and good stage presence. However for some reason I was kind of bored with her performance. Also had to agree with Simon her outfit was awful. Each of the judges gave her good comments with the exception of Simon who did think it was good but sort of a lazy song choice. My grade: B

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 201170 I really like Scott Macintyre however I was not too thrilled with his song choice tonight. He is singing "Keep The Faith" off the "Dangerous" album and honestly I did not recognize this song at all in spite of owning this album. I guess you could say he made it his own. He played piano and shows passion as he sings but I did hear some off notes as he sang. Kara likes that he gives a message of hope when he sings, Paula called it a lovely performance, Simon liked the singing but hated the song and Randy finishes the comments with it was a safe choice. My grade: B

Dancing Danny Gokey shows he has the right stuff as he performs the 1983 hit single off the Thriller album called "P.Y.T". He makes the song his own with a slow start which explodes into a very up-tempo moment that he completely rocks out to. Great stage presence and a terrific vocal which has all the judges loving him including myself. My grade: A

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 322546 Our oil rig guy Michael Sarver shows his sensitive side as he sings the 1978 hit "You Are Not Alone". He makes it his own and does a very nice vocal I thought. Simon thinks he is not the best singer but likes his passion and heart and gives his all 110%. Randy thinks he gives his best and both Paula and Kara agree he did a good job. My grade: B+

👶 Young Jasmine Murray chooses to do the 1970 Jackson 5 hit "I'll Be There". She does have a big voice as shown on the big notes and does a fair vocal overall I thought but I did hear some pitchy notes along the way. Randy thought she did a good job as did Kara. Paula wants her to watch her pitch and Simon added it was a good attempt although sort of robotic. I, personally was not blown away at all. My grade: B-

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 72213 Kris Allen takes the stage and performs "Remember The Time" off the 1991 "Dangerous" album. He also plays guitar while he sings. Frankly, I was bored to death with this performance and because he was so close to the mic at times he sounded pitchy to my ears. Kara mentions the off-notes although she thinks the girls will love him. Paula calls his adorable sexy. Huh? Randy thinks it was kind of cool but Simon calls the performance a bit clumsy. My grade: C

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 924272 Our youngest contestant Allison Iraheta definitely shows her rock edge not only with her outfit but her voice as well as she sings "Give In To Me" off the "Dangerous" album. Overall I thought the vocal was good but in reality I never really cared for this song and she did not make me like it any better. All the judges liked her and Randy thinks she is the one to watch. My grade: B

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 66645 Anoop Desai really needed help as he gives a dismal performance of the classic "Beat It" off the Thriller album. While the vocal was just okay, this was definitely a dead pan performance that showed no real excitement. Randy and Paula called it karaoke, Kara felt disconnected from the song and Simon told it like it was: horrible. My grade: D

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 833804 Our next contestant Jorge Nunez does a fair job singing the 1971 Jackson 5 song "Never Can Say Goodbye". He does have a rough start but throughout his performance he keeps his accent in check. Nice job on the big notes but sadly we do hear some off-pitch notes as well. Randy mentions this and calls the song kind of old-fashion. Kara is not feeling any emotion, Paula thinks it is the wrong song choice and Simon calls it corny with an awful arrangement. I would not go that far but it was not his best for sure. My grade: C

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 610414 Megan Corkrey just can not stop looking un-coordinated as she sings "Rockin Robin" which Michael Jackson covered from the original hit made famous in 1958 by Bobby Day. I did not feel her vocals were bad but I just could not connect with this performance. Paula felt the same although she likes her quirky side. Kara sort of liked it. Both Randy and Simon thought it was the wrong song choice and actually I agree with them. My grade: B-

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 839840 The best performance of the night surely belongs to Adam Lambert. He is singing the 1991 hit "Black or White" and I swear he almost sounded like Michael Jackson in parts especially at the beginning. Good stage presence and a huge range is shown during this song. Paula thinks he is the whole package, Simon thinks he is in a different league, Kara loves it and Randy thinks he is the most current. In my opinion he was great. My grade: A+

wiggle Alexis Grace is really a cute girl but tries to get down and dirty with the song "Dirty Diana" off the "Bad" album. I think she did fairly well with the vocal but tried to over-sing some of the verses. Yes, I wrote this down before Paula said a word. Kara calls her a naughty girl, Randy thought it was good but Simon felt it was a little over the top. My grade: B

lol! I want to wish all the contestants luck as it appears that two will be eliminated on tomorrow's results show. Seems we have an added difference that Simon hinted at. Now what do you think that is I wonder? Anyway, our guest performers will be Kanye West (who I can not stand) and also Kelly Clarkson ( I am thinking she will be singing her new song which I also do not like). As for who I think should be eliminated my choices are Kris Allen and sorry to say Anoop Desai. If by chance a girl goes I am for either Megan Corkrey or Jasmine Murray getting voted off. I look forward to your thoughts on this. Now I must say good-night and hope you have a great day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:31 pm

My two favorite performances of the night were Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert (although I don't get him at all). They did the best over all and runner-ups would be Lil Round and Matt Giraud (who had a Justin Timberlake look going on last night. You missed Matt in your recaps CC). My picks to go home are Anoop, Jasmine, or Jorge, Megan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:44 pm

I agree that Danny and Adam topped the A list last night, SO many are saying they see Taylor in Danny, I guess I kind of can but not a lot, Adam is not my favorite at all but he did do good but I can see him doing good with this type of music, we'll see how he does when it's country or something.. I still don't see a gal making it very far this season, at least not from the show last night, Lil Rounds is good but Not that good, the others are ok but not great. I think they know who is going all the way and for me it'll be either Danny or Adam Just my opinion of coures..

I DID NOT LIKE THE NEW TWIST either. I know they didn't say what it was but I can guess, especially if it could change the show, DOes this mean that the judges will have the last say in who goes home each week? Better not be, I've read that's how they do X-Factor in England I guess we'll see tonight huh?

Taylor is on today remember... Can't wait to see him on Ellen and on Idol Tonight on the TV guide channel before Idol I think it's 6pm It'll be so good to see him again..

I do like Kelly but don't know who Kanye West even is, how's that for good....
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Your not missing much as far as knowing who Kanye West is. I am not impressed with this guy AT ALL.

This new twist on AI is scarring me alittle. What are they going to do? Yikes! I guess we'll find out later on tonight.

I'm one of those fans who can hear Taylor and see alittle of him in Danny Gokey. That's what attracted me to Danny to begin with.

Time and date are circled on my calender so I don't forget to watch Ellen. Thanks for the info on seeing Taylor on Ido Tonight. I would have totally missed that.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 555837 Okay slap me around as you are right I did miss Matt Giraud. I knew I was missing something but could not figure out what. I actually voted for him last night. Guess those "golden years" are having their way with me. Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 322546

Anyhow, this is my take on his performance. He did "Human Nature" off the Thriller album and I feel definitely made it his own. I liked his bluesy take on the song and so enjoyed watching him play the piano. As luck would have it however he did have a few pitch problems however none of the judges made an issue of it. My grade: B

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 951557 Now I am really mad! Today was my day to do my errands and I totally forgot that Taylor was on Ellen. Did anyone watch it and how was he? Was Ellen nice to him I hope. My only consolation is I bought his cd yesterday at Borders and love, love, love it. Taylor is such a gifted singer and totally makes me proud.

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 600701
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 am

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 531978 He was great on Ellen. She was very nice to him and gave everyone in the audience a copy of his cd. As credits were rolling they hugged and were talking. I was so glad to see it.

Taylor Rocks

He was on Idol Tonight too and did a great job giving his opinions on the season 8 contestants. He really likes Danny saying Danny reminds him of himself. Also thought Megan is hot. LOL

BTW, I voted for him and totally agree with your take on Matt Giraud. I'd give him a B+ though. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09   Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Thirteen Perform - 3/10/09
Page 1 of 1