Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Empty
PostSubject: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:43 am

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 951557 Well another Wednesday night results show but probably the most important as the remaining 10 will have the opportunity to go on the American Idol tour and possibly have the singing career that many have hoped for. Do I agree with the bottom 3, well not exactly but we will get to that later.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 322546 Our show begins with the usual welcome from Ryan Seacrest who informs us 31 million votes came in which is actually down from last week's count. We also have our usual intro to the judges and the contestants. Then comes our re-cap of the night before.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 295441 Our group sing is the song "Trouble" with Scott playing the piano while the others do a sort of dance. It was nicely done I think overall however I noticed some seem to forget the words (I noticed this the most from Megan and Allison).

lips The Ford commercial was corny I thought which involved throwing water balloons at a Ford Fusion. Ryan goofs by throwing his water ballon at Simon however it went over his head and soak a woman behind him. Ryan apologizes.

I thought it was great that after Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez were eliminated the remaining contestants with some of their families got together to spend some quality time together at a restaurant with Jasmine and Jorge. We also hear several comments from the contestants.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 468517 Now some chat time with first Alexis Grace who tells she was upset when Jasmine left. Michael Sarver tells a heart rending moment when his daughter wants to know why daddy does not want to be with her anymore. He ends by letting his daughter know he loves her with all his heart. Then we hear from Megan Joy who is feeling better but we see that many had worn masks the day before as they did not want to get her cold. Ryan moves back from the group because he thinks she might still be contacious.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 201170 Some results:

Danny Gokey - safe
Lil Rounds - safe
Anoop Desai - safe

Allison Iraheta - Bottom 3 (I'm stunned)
Michael Sarver - Bottom 3 (Most people predicated this)

Side Note: Paula is asked who she thought was in the bottom 3, you know she hates that but going with the night before critiques she says Allison. I did however like the remark she made that their lives would be forever changed by this. It was kind of lame how they did this bit before they said that Michael was also in the bottom 3.

clap Brad Paisley sings his song "Then". It was nice but frankly I am just not into today's country. One thing I have to say Brad is one good-looking guy. Ryan shares a funny moment giving Brad his results.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 201170 More results:

Scott Macintyre - safe
Megan Joy - safe (I did not agree with this choice at all)
Matt Giraud - safe
Kris Allen - safe

Alexis Grace - Bottom 3 (WTF?)
Adam Lambert - safe (Simon watch the show back and still felt his performance was horrible)

Side note: Randy is asked who is in the bottom 3 and he goofs and calls Alexis "Allison". Regardless I was disappointed to see Alexis in the bottom 3 as I felt she had so much potential. Then Ryan lets the real Allison know she is safe and it is down to Michael and Alexis.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 396952 Next we are introduced to Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis who will perform their duet. Sorry I did not catch the name of the song but frankly I did not care for it at all. Carrie's hair looked like a real mess and what was that black thing in her hair (totally ugly in my opinion). I like Carrie but I think this show goes overboard with her appearances. Sadly I thought Randy seemed a little on the sickly side and he seemed to struggle to get his words out. Also he seems really too thin.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 201170 Now for the final results:

It is revealed that Michael is safe and Alexis is in danger of leaving however the judges can save her which they are considering as she once again sings "Jolene". Sadly this time around it was worse than the night before and Simon informs her it was not good enough. Alexis thanks them for the opportunity and the show ends with us seeing her journey on the show.

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 833804 Final comment as I truly think Megan should have left instead of Alexis. However I do have to add that I am more interested in the guys this season than the girls so if I should decide to see the tour at least my favorite guys are there. Next week is Motown week and that should be interesting however because of the President speech the show will on fall on Wednesday and Thursday next week. So until then, have a great week ahead.

Toodles!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 am

Wow! I really liked her, too. Saddened to see her go so soon.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Know what? This safe vote is cruel simply cruel. Two weeks in a row they've as good as told those that left they weren't good enough to safe. This week was worse though when they told her she was the one that would consider saving and then didn't I thouht WTH are you guys pulling here??
You mark my words the ones they'll use that "save" on is either Danny, Adam, or Lil maybe Scott. I tell ya they know who they want in the final and they are pulling all the stops to make sure they get them there, Just my opinion..

I already covered Randy T and Carrie in your recap CC so won't do so again.

I also have a feeling that someone they didn't count on doing as well as he's done so far is Kris Allen, He seems to be coming alive and being more comfortable and better I think the others should be watching him..

Now I didn't especially care for Alexis but she was ok and I was sure it would be Michael that would leave and I do like him, he does have a good voice and he seems to be a very nice guy...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 am

:) I could not agree more with your assessment Sandi about the "save" card. I find this cruel also and no doubt they will use it on who they truly want to save should they make the bottom person for any week. I highly doubt it will ever be Danny or Adam as each have a big fan base on the boards. If I am not mistaken I think they have to use that save before it gets down to the bottom 5. My guess is they will use it more than likely on Kris Allen or Matt Giraud, could be Scott and for sure it will be Lil if she hits the bottom. Your guess is as good as mine.

While Alexis did not do that well I do not think they would have saved anyone this particular week as that would mess up the configuration of the top 10. Also keep in mind once they use it the following week two people will be eliminated so all in all this is dumb in my opinion.

Anyway good to hear from all of you.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:02 pm

It broke my heart to see Alexis Grace sent home. I really did like her out of all the girls this season. I was thinking more along the lines of Michael or Megan instead. That's what I get for thinking, huh? LOL

This save rule is driving me crazy. Yeah, I can see it being used for someone who doesn't really need it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Here's how I think the "save" ought to be. Each person voted out sings their way out and just prior to when they cannot use it any more, the judges can decide the best of that bunch to "return" with two going home the following week and leaving us with a top 5.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

Hmmmm, that sounds like a good idea! They really need some of us to figure out how to use these new rules. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09   And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And The Top Ten Are........Results - 3/18/09
Page 1 of 1