Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Into the wild blue yonder…

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Into the wild blue yonder… Empty
PostSubject: Into the wild blue yonder…   Into the wild blue yonder… Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm

well, maybe grey yonder. I was on a flight today perusing Rolling Stone magazine, when I came across an article entitled “The RS 100 Agents of Change”. It was pretty interesting reading, causing me to ignore the turbulence, but then I happened upon number twenty seven, a band called Arcade Fire. I’ve never really heard of them before, but the article says that they are “indie rockers”. But this is the interesting part:

“They came up through the Internet, and through connecting with people,” says James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem, “which has nothing to do with how the industry usually creates success.”

This is just another example of how artists are using this medium to connect with fans and change the face of the music industry, without big budgets, big labels and off Broadway audiences. Taylor Hicks had the most exposure that could be asked for when he won Season Five of American Idol. Arcade Fire is just an indie band, but they must be doing something right. Taylor Hicks wanted to bring real music back, and I’m not sure he’s succeeding.
http://itsallgrey.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/into-the-wild-blue-yonder/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Into the wild blue yonder…   Into the wild blue yonder… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I honestly think Taylor has a decent fanbase now that he's been doing Grease. However, if he continues doing "Broadway" he will lose alot. JMO Thank goodness his cd, The Distance, is still doing fairly well. He really does need to get back on the road doing a solo tour for us. Grease has been good for him but enough is enough. LOL Can you tell I'm hungering for some REAL Taylor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Into the wild blue yonder…   Into the wild blue yonder… Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:25 am

:) I so agree with Deni that Taylor needs to get back to doing concerts to promote his new album. Granted he is doing side shows after Grease but that is really not enough in my opinion.

That article was an interesting read as well as the comments posted. As for the sales numbers on "The Distance" I am not sure that Billboard actually covers all that have been sold. I mean Taylor could be selling them at the Grease shows and also at these small venues he is playing at which I do not think would figure into the Billboard numbers. I kind of hope this is the case as the numbers at Billboard are depressing in a way as this album is so awesome and many have already written Taylor off.

It's amazing how many people just do not recognize the great talent that Taylor possesses. I'm so glad that I do!

Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Into the wild blue yonder…   Into the wild blue yonder… Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm with you, CC. I appreciate all that talent Taylor has. I wish there was some way to calculate all the sales numbers of his cd. It may help him quite a bit on the charts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the wild blue yonder…   Into the wild blue yonder… Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the wild blue yonder…
Page 1 of 1