Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Empty
PostSubject: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:29 am

:) Hi all. Yeppers, on this night of songs from the year of their birth, this hour was indeed very rushed and many who had tivoed the show missed the performance of our last contestant as the show ran overtime a bit. I honestly think they should make this show an hour and a half long when they still have eight contestants in the running. While we would have to endure a zillion more commercials at least the performances would get their full due.

👶 Tonight we are seeing our contestants and even our judges and Ryan when they were babies or small children. Lots of cute photos I thought and this brought me a moment to ponder my own youth. I do not know what happened but I was quite cute myself in my early years. Songs famous in that decade were mostly taken over with the hits of Kay Kyser, Doris Day and Patti Page. In my year of birth (1948) songs that were ones I grew to like later in life were "Cool Water" by The Sons of The Pioneers and "Red Roses for a Blue Lady" by Vaughn Monroe. However this show is not about me so let's get to the performances.

Danny Gokey - 1980 - He has chosen to sing the Mickey Gilley version of "Stand By Me" made famous that year although this song has been covered by numerous artists. For the first time I was not blown away by one of my favorite idols. He had many pitch notes in the beginning of his slowed down start. The second half was much better when he upped the tempo. The judges had some good and bad comments and like them felt it was good overall if not great. My grade: B

Kris Allen - 1985 - Playing the guitar once again and this time from the mosh pit, Kris has a different arrangement of the song "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" by Dan Henley. I was pretty much on the same page with the judges as overall I really did not like the arrangement or his performance. He was so good last week so this was definitely a step back. My grade: C

Lil rounds - 1984 - Wow, once again I agreed with the judges as Lil gave another copycat performance of the song "What's Love Got To do With It" made famous by Tina Turner. She did look great dressed all in the black rocker look outfit and once again her power notes were good but she seems to have lost herself as Simon mentioned as I have not seen any originality from her in weeks. A fair vocal overall but she needs to step up her game and let us see Lil not the artist she happens to be singing that week. My grade: B-

Anoop Desai - 1986 - He choses to do the song "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper and it was a nice vocal overall. Anoop seems better suited for ballads and he did show good range in this song although I did hear a pitch note here and there. The judges seemed to like it and it might buy him another week. My grade: B

Scott MacIntyre - 1985 - Scott steps away from the piano and instead is playing the electric guitar which was a mistake I feel as he sings a song I was not familiar with called "The Search Is Over". He had some good notes but more bad ones and this may be the end of Scotty's run on Idol. None of the judges enjoyed this performance and neither did I. My grade: C-

Allison Iraheta - 1992 _ Doing a song I thought she would do great with and she did not disappoint as she sang Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me". I hated her outfit but she managed to make this song her own and I felt it was pretty good as did the judges. She does not remind me of Kelly Clarkson as mentioned by Randy and Simon is definitely off base with his remark of not showing personality. I found this performance her best yet. My grade: B+

Matt Giraud - 1985 - I was so reminded of Justin Timberlake as Matt performed "Part Time Lover" by the great Stevie Wonder. It was a different arrangement of the song and I thought Matt delivered big time on this number. He showed range and personality and connected well with the audience. Paula gave him a standing ovation with the other judges also enjoying this performances as did I. My grade: A

Adam Lambert - 1982 - Many missed this performance and that was truly their loss as Adam once again showed how great he is doing the Tears For Fears song "Mad World". Sitting through most of the song he gives a riveting and haunting performance with vocals I thought were beautiful. You could just feel the passion. Time was short so Simon spoke for all of the judges by giving him a much deserved standing ovation. My grade: A+

A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 201170 My bottom 3 are Scott, Lil and Kris with I am thinking Scott will be the one to go sadly. We will once again see Kellie Pickler perform on the results show and also Flo Rida. My final question of the day is when are they going to have some other idols appear instead of the repetative appearances of Carrie and Kellie. Not that I do not like these two but both seem to appear more than the other idols we have had the joy of seeing. In other words bring on Taylor. In closing I welcome your comments and

A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 13092
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 am

Great review CC.. I agree with what you said on most of them..

First off let me say that as much as I wanted it to be Kris was not good last night, I don't think it was as bad as the judges said but wow what a step back from last week. What a shame. I was afraid that he'd get to comfortable with the comments from last week and go off his game and he did. I hope it doesn't spell HOME for him..

The rest are pretty much right one, except I did not like Matt. I'm sorry really I am but the style and song just didn't fit him for me. But what do I know right? I also kept seeing little Kevin doing this song season 5. How's that for missing season ha..

Again Lil left her talent at home I think, I have no idea why this gal has not been in the bottom yet..Sorry Lil fans.

Scott's performance was not my favorite but I thought he did ok, It must be a huge step for him to come out from behind the piano and he did ok but not great, it was nice to see him step it up a little though.

Adam gave a great performance but again I think he's overly praised and the rest don't have a chance in the judges eyes. I think this is not fair to the others, I just can't imagine how the other 7 feel when week after week he gets the standing O's and they get the left overs, I know Adam has a HUGE fan base and I also know you are a fan as well and I'm sorry if my comment upsets you in any way. I just feel this guy is almost to experienced to be competing with those that are less experienced..

They really have to do something with this running over thing though, I beleive they've run out of time more times this season than they have in the 4 years I've watched this show..

I believe the bottom 3 will be Scott, Kris, and Anoop/or Lil

AI consenses is that it will be Kris going home and I so hope that's no the fact. But we'll see soon enough huh?

Thanks CC...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:31 am

Hi CC!
A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 399539 The show was so rushed last night. I somehow felt they were hurrying everyone along so they could get all the performances in. I was one of the lucky ones and got to see Adam sing. Wow! I'm not a big fan of Adam but I gotta admit he sure does command the stage. It was incredible.

Of all the performances I liked Matt's the best. He turned things around after a horrible performance last week. I was extremely happy with it. Although Danny singing "Stand By Me" wasn't one of my favorites from him I still voted like crazy for him. I remember Phil Collins singing "True Colors" and waited to see if Anoop would do the song justice. He did OK.

Allison is just too cute. I see her going along way after Idol is over. Who can turn down such an awesome voice? Lil just sounds so karaoke (again). I was very disappointed. Kris is a much better singer than what he did last night. Wasn't impressed.

The ones I see on the bottom: Scott, Lil and Kris.

IMO, it's a toss up. Lil or Scott this week. My money is on Lil leaving.

A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 833804 IMO, Adam does seem alittle too professional for this competition but like you said Sandi..."what do I know?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:58 pm

The Search Is Over is by Survivor - one of my all time favourite songs. I'll see if I can find a copy of the video for y'all in the morning.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm

hello all. Good to hear from you. I can see each of us have our favorites. My top favorite has been Danny and I am so hoping he will be in the top two. Granted Adam does have experience but in reality he is like most contestants who actually have kept in the music business one way or another until they get that break that makes them a household name. At least he has never gotten a contract that I know of and I think he deserves one. I am constantly amazed by his range. At this point if either Danny or Adam win it would be all right with me as long as they each get a contract. I know I will be buying their music regardless.

I have enjoyed performances by Matt but if he chooses to go the Coldplay route once this show is over I am not so sure I would buy the music. I do like Coldplay and do not feel we need a copycat of that band. Kris truly impressed me with his "Ain't No Sunshine" moment but sadly he really blew it this week I think. I like Scott and feel he could be the next Billy Joel but I doubt he will make it much further on this show. Sure hope success comes to him however. Allison is cute and love the raspy voice but am wondering how she will do once this show ends. I really have no interest in Lil or Anoop any longer.

Thanks for your comments.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09   A Rushed Hour of Performances - 4/7/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:31 am

So, I am digging on Danny myself - I think he's a great talent, has a very unique look, and his album will be fun and enjoyab;le to listen to. I also think that Adam is growing on me. I believe that whatever happens, he will get plenty of attention from the musical world.
And here's the video I promised you guys last night: