Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008   Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:16 pm

TOM- All right. Do you do a lot of fishing?

TAYLOR- Yeah. Well, it's springtime so I try to when I'm writing a record so I've been fishing here and there. Yeah, I'm from the South, we've got great lakes. I don't know how good I would be at it, but it would be something fun to do.

TOM- What do you like to fish for?

TAYLOR- Um, deep sea fishing is great, uh, bass fishing is always nice. It's just nice to get out in nature and it's the catch and release thing that I like too.

TOM- Well, that's good. What else do you do in your spare time?

TAYLOR- Watch a lot of sports. I'm a big sports fan. Try to play golf as much as I can and just keep up with the election that's coming up and you know, just be a regular guy.

TOM- There you go. I guess it kind of goes into what my next question was gonna be. What do you do for exercise? You said you play golf.

TAYLOR- Well, I play golf, but I also play a little basketball too, try to run a little bit, but basketball, I enjoy that.

TOM- That's good. You had a tour last year I believe, ran for a few months. When do you think you'll actually start touring again?

TAYLOR- I would say late fall.

TOM- Okay. Of this year?

TAYLOR- Yeah, of this year hopefully. I've been on the road all my life. The road calls and I'm just happy to get out there and perform for the fans.

TOM- All right. So that's nothing new to you, right?

TAYLOR- No, I love it, love performing.

TOM- Good. What is one of the most fun artists or bands that you've actually gotten to tour with?

TAYLOR- Well, I've got to sit in with a lot of folks. I guess the Allman Brothers was a big dream come true for me.

TOM- Oh, yeah.

TAYLOR- Those guys, I've always listened to them. To be able to sit in with people is just, I enjoy that. The harmonica helps to sit in, it was always handy for me sitting in with bands. I'm just very blessed to have the opportunity to do that.

TOM- Absolutely. What do you like most about your profession?

TAYLOR- Well, I enjoy performing. I've always been a live performer and I'm gonna stay that way throughout this career.

TOM- That's good. When you finish a tour, I guess, what do you look forward to doing the most I guess when your done with that tour?

TAYLOR- Well, probably sleeping. Touring is, it gets kind of rough on the body touring in buses and stuff, but sleeping and uh, eating.

TOM- Eating, huh?

TAYLOR- Yeah.

TOM- I guess I should say is it eating regular food that you miss?

TAYLOR- Yeah, being from the South you always like a home cooked meal.

TOM- Right. Is it hard to not eat junk food when your on a tour?

TAYLOR- Very tough. After show food is very, very tough.

TOM- Yeah, I'm sure you get plenty of food just not the right kind, right?

TAYLOR- Yeah, you just gotta pick and choose your battles as far as that goes. You gotta be light on your feet cause there's a lot of strenuous work that goes on with touring.

TOM- Well, that would go back to my exercise question, right?

TAYLOR- Yeah, right, totally.

TOM- All right. Well, you were constantly talking to people in the media and giving interviews and such, just because that's part of what you do as an artist and my question to you would be what advice would you give to associates at Walmart and Sam's Clubs to help them be more comfortable talking to customers about purchasing the Children's Miracle Network balloons that we sell?

TAYLOR- Well, I would just say be youself, that's the key. Just be yourself and be happy. It's a wonderful organization and it's for a great cause.

TOM- Absolutely. And we again thank you for being a part of that with us, we really appreciate that.

TAYLOR- No problem.

TOM- When you shop at a Walmart or Sam's Club, cause everybody does that.

TAYLOR- Totally.

TOM- Absolutely, right? What is something that you always look for or always buy when your in a Walmart?

TAYLOR- Well, that's a good question. Probably golf balls.

TOM- All right. Just go through those like crazy, huh?

TAYLOR- Yeah, I hope I can get through a round with a few, but I usually go in and buy golf balls. I mean, they've got a great Sporting Goods Department. It's Walmart, you gotta love it!

TOM- We don't seem to have too much of a shortage of golf balls which is a good thing.

TAYLOR- No, not at all and I need those!

TOM- Absolutely. Well, your putting together a new album, trying to get that all ready and everything and obviously your gonna have some inspiration from some people. What are you listening to on your cd player or on your iPod or your car or whatever? What kind of music do you actually listen to right now?

TAYLOR- Well, I'm listening to a lot of Van Morrison and Paul Simon and Mark Chesnutt. Those are just great songwriters and that's what I'm looking for is the great song so their in my iPod along with Beyonce and a few others.

TOM- Just kind of sampling around a little bit to get a feel for what you want, right?

TAYLOR- Oh, totally, totally.

TOM- All right. Well, Taylor, I appreciate it.

TAYLOR- Oh, man, no problem. Soul Patrol!

TOM- Thank you very much and we hope that we'll get the chance to talk to you once again.

TAYLOR- Yeah, please call when the album comes out!

TOM- All right, absolutely and thank you so much again for partnering with Children's Miracle Network and helping us out here at Walmart, I appreciate it.

TAYLOR- Love them, love them both. Children's Miracle Network and Walmart, gotta love it!

TOM- All right.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008   Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:49 am

I was going to ask when this was from, couldn't figure out what election he was talking about, I see now it was May 2008,,, Still a good interview huh??
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008   Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:49 am

No kidding. I was alittle confused right at first but figured it out. It is still a good interview. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008   Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks Interview on Walmart Radio, May 1, 2008
Page 1 of 1