Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Pics from Border's CD signing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Pics from Border's CD signing Empty
PostSubject: Pics from Border's CD signing   Pics from Border's CD signing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 am

I believe this came from HQ, I found it on another site and if you guys are like me, ya can't get enough of seeing Taylor regardless of what he's doing. The quotes are pretty cute as well.. Enjoy..

Pics from Border's CD signing NoviClose2b

Pics from Border's CD signing BordersStaff2

Pics from Border's CD signing BordersMichDisplay

And I forgot, everyone who got a CD signed, got a tag or bookmark, or whatever it is...lol...that Taylor signed. Here is a scan of it:

Pics from Border's CD signing BordersTag

quote:

This was small, maybe only 20 people. It was great for us though, intimate and Taylor spent time after signing, posing for pix and talking casually to us. He asked about where to go and we told him some nice things to see while here in the Detroit area. He was asked if felt well now and he nodded, but you could see he was tired and not quite as perked up. However, he was his charming self and was joking around. We talked about the how bad the Detroit Lions football team is and he said their new motto should "Bad As You Can Be," and that if you had to be bad, you should be the baddest you can be...LOL!

A woman brought her little boy, he was maybe four, and he had a Soul Patrol shirt on. True to his charm, Taylor had the little guy stand on the signing table and take pix with him. He signed his shirt back and when the mom asked him to give Taylor a hug, the kid looked at him, then turned his back...LMAO! Taylor made some jokes about it and was just wonderful with this kid.

He chatted about his music and said he was enjoying the success of SMB. I was at a distance for a lot of this, trying to get some photos without putting my camera up his nose...lol. So others can recap the actual dialog better.

and another recap........

Yes, the turnout was underwhelming. I imagine some cities he might have a really big turnout while others, not so much, so I hope that didn't bring him down. He came right from the airport. I should have mentioned that we have a 7 Mile Road here - he might have gotten a kick out of it!

Anyway, I went with my partner in all things Taylor, Rita. We were maybe 8th or 9th in line - saw Maya and Tally there & recognized others from the Royal Oak and/or Chicago shows I went to before.

Anyway, when I went up I introduced myself, thanked him for coming to Detroit. Gave him my CD to sign. I asked to borrow his sharpie & I pulled out 2 copies of a photo of the 2 of us taken after the Grease show last December. I gave him a photo to sign for me, and I signed the other photo and gave it to him. I thought it was a hoot. I pointed out that the photo was taken next to a dumpster at the stage door, and how nice this is to meet him without my having to feel like a stalker - LOL. My friend Rita took our picture. Or so she thought. When I was done, I saw that she didn’t push hard enough & it didn’t take a picture. I took a photo of her when it was her turn.

So, then, the line was maybe only 5 people long so I got back in line. I had the extra CD on me from Gypsee. This time I went up and actually remembered to tell him what I wanted to tell him - imagine that. I told him that I always get a kick out of the song Wedding Day Blues because it reminds me a lot of my own wedding - he looked up and asked if that happened to me. I told him that my husband didn't have the presence of mind to hop in the limo & toss the groom out, but that he did catch the garter at my wedding, and that while that marriage didn't last, we just celebrated our 19th anniversary yesterday (the 7th). He congratulated me.

Then, when he was just leaning against the table & talking to folks as the line had pretty much died down, he talked about the Red Wings, asked about Hockeytown. I told him to check out the architecture of the Fisher Building. I asked if he was going to the Motown Museum as it's only about a mile from where he was staying. Someone else told him how Novi got it's name (#6 stagecoach stop - in roman numerals, No VI). I asked him what his favorite song on the CD was, and he said he really liked them all. I said but there must be one that really hits home for him or is just a lot of fun to play, that he really gets into - and he said 7 Mile Breakdown is a lot of fun to play live.

The family w/ the little boy came up - Taylor was very cute with the kid. I asked "who's the bigger ham up there?" and Taylor perked up and made a funny face at the little boy.

I asked him what it was like for him to meet Van Morrison. He said he never expected that to happen, and that Van knew who he was. Van and his girlfriend had watched Idol, and he just really couldn't believe how it worked out. He mentioned he was stuck in Phoenyx and was sort of rambling but then the story went right into music and inspiration for music and at that point my mind sort of went blank because he was maintaining eye contact with me during all of this and I thinking "I can't believe he's talking to me about music and maintaining eye contact with me" and so I really don't remember what all he said about that. Sorry. Fangirl moment.

Rita did get a photo of us the 2nd time we went up, but, since I was standing & Taylor was sitting, and she snapped it right when his eyes shifted to the side because someone asked him a question, it looks for all the world like he's checking out my boobs. I guess I should put that one on my myspace - LOL.

Oh - he did mention that he is more involved w/ the internet and he does read things. I did ask him if he received any song lyrics that were re-written to beg him to come and perform in Detroit - he was just saying yes, he did read some of those - he was with Jewelsoul at that time, so she ducked out, but I pointed her out to him SO HE KNOWS IT WAS YOU JEWELSOUL! LOL! You should take credit where it's due.

Anyway, it was definately worth the trip. Better than a meet & greet IMO as we were able to take photos and hear him talk casually to everyone.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Border's CD signing   Pics from Border's CD signing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 am

Leave it to Taylor. No matter how "under the weather" he is, he will do what he can to make his fans happy. Loved the story of the little boy in the Soul Patrol shirt. That was adorable.

The pictures are very nice, BTW. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Border's CD signing   Pics from Border's CD signing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 pm

That just sounded like it was a ball. Thanks for letting me be a fly on the wall.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics from Border's CD signing   Pics from Border's CD signing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pics from Border's CD signing
Page 1 of 1