Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Mitch,
who was the bass player for Little Memphis Blues Orchestra, formerly the Taylor Hicks Band, was very happy to give us some memories of being with Taylor in the early days. Mitch is now playing with two bands, The Erin Mitchell Band and a band he just joined, Buffalo Black, a great sounding band! Here are Mitch's insights about Taylor back in the early days, plus some great info on his new band.

TTHC: What are your memories about Taylor as a musician back in those days? He is so focused and pursues his Dreams so passionately. Was he always this way?

Mitch: Yep, My memories of Taylor back in the day was his performance, he always gave %110 no matter how tired he was or where we were playing or how many ppl were there listening.

TTHC: Do you have a favorite performance or venue you played with Taylor?

Mitch: My fav was my first show with him at Bottega's in Auburn,Al...he had ppl dancing on the pool tables..lots of fun..I had never practiced with them and Patrick was coaching me through the show as we were playing the show...good stuff.

TTHC: Give us a story or two about those early days with Taylor. Anything you'd like to share is great!

Mitch: One that comes to mind is a gig we had at Oasis in Birmingham..we were playing a normal gig and noticed that the crowds were getting larger..as the night went on the place was really filling up..Taylor was on the bar playing harp, and the plate glass window to the right as you walk in..fell through..it busted because there were so many ppl..a couple had danced through the window..and we sold every beer they had..we still hold the record.

TTHC: What did you think when you heard that Taylor was going to be on American Idol?

Mitch: I knew he would win, he's a natural..at first I didnt know what to think, because I didnt watch the show and knew nothing about AI, but as it started and I saw the others I knew he had it in the bag.

TTHC: How did you and Taylor end up playing together?

Mitch: Before I joined Taylor I was playing bass with the Wynn Christian band..Sthingyful was taking a break, Wynn recorded his solo album "Healed Tonight" and we were playing shows supporting that album. We were in Chattanooga,Tn playing the mellow mushroom..Taylor was sitting in playing harp and singing, halfway through the show he turned to me and asked me if i wanted to go to Nashville the following weekend and open for Jackson Browne..thats it.

TTHC: When you see Taylor perform now, what is the biggest difference you see?

Mitch: His guitar is in tune.

TTHC: Give us a bit more info on what you're up to these days. Where can fans see and hear you?

Mitch: As well as playing with Erin, I'm playing with a new band called Buffalo Black. a singer/songwriter named Armando Margjeka. It's americana/indie- Bob Dylan/David Gray/Ryan Adams all originals..we are releasing our first cd "Honeysuckle on 39th"..it's 1 of 4 cd's we are releasing for 2009.. Brian Less will be on piano and Patrick Lunceford on drums, they are not in Buffalo Black but are playing the show with us..we will be on itunes,amazon, rhapsody, emusic and napster july 10th..

Buffalo Black at Okafes Coffee House June 27th

Here is a video of "Fool" by Buffalo Black:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgi71jXa0_k

Buffalo Black w/ special guests Mary Bragg (NYC) and Mollie Garrigan(Bham) @ Okafes Coffee House- $5 at the dooe and a free cd..

http://www.buffaloblackmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/thebuffalokid
http://www.marybragg.com
http://www.okafes.com

okafes coffee
2901 2nd ave s.
Birmingham,AL 35233
across from the pepper place
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Yay!!!!!! One of my favourite people, and what a lovely interview.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 pm

:) Definitely a good interview and thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:51 am

It's wonderful getting some insight to Taylor's earlier days. Thanks for sharing this great interview.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 pm

I need to start pestering Mitch for the new CD....when I can afford it... broke
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor   Mitch Jones Interview-Memories of Taylor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1