Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

I cry

Go down 
+3
concertcris
azsoul
Taysiah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

I cry Empty
PostSubject: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:34 pm

:( and swore I cry 555837 throw my radio against my bedroom wall.
Yesterday i call the Wolfe, a country station here in the Seattle area and ask them what do i need to do to get my favorite song play on their station.
They ask me want that is and i told them Seven Mile Breakdown by Taylor Hicks. They said they don't play him anymore cause he didn't do good on the country charts.
So i cry and throw my radio up against the wall.

Tay is sooooooooooooo beautiful and talented. I really don't understand how anyone can hate him.

I guess a lot of people don't understand what being a fan is all about. I didn't either until Taylor Hicks shown up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 pm

I cry 945178 Alot of people don't really appreciate good, quality music. The musical ear seems to only hear what that person wants to hear. THAT'S IT!!

It breaks my heart that Taylor doesn't get all the recognition he deserves. But I feel as long he has faithful, loyal fans he will be around for a long, long while. He didn't break his butt all thses years to just throw it away. I have faith in him and keep supporting him and his music. It's more than some people have done who claimed to be "fans".

To hell with the radio. Most of the music played on the air is crap anyway. I'll stick with my Cd's and my MP3. I cry 201170

Cheer up Mae. Taylor isn't going anywhere. I don't care what those radio people say. He's good....I repeat...He's damn good. We all know it. I cry 406210
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Hrt~n~Soul wrote:
I cry 945178 Alot of people don't really appreciate good, quality music. The musical ear seems to only hear what that person wants to hear. THAT'S IT!!

It breaks my heart that Taylor doesn't get all the recognition he deserves. But I feel as long he has faithful, loyal fans he will be around for a long, long while. He didn't break his butt all thses years to just throw it away. I have faith in him and keep supporting him and his music. It's more than some people have done who claimed to be "fans".

To hell with the radio. Most of the music played on the air is crap anyway. I'll stick with my Cd's and my MP3. I cry 201170

Cheer up Mae. Taylor isn't going anywhere. I don't care what those radio people say. He's good....I repeat...He's damn good. We all know it. I cry 406210

I cry 399539 100%! Stupid radio stations are like cattle they follow the same pattern that every other radio station does so I say screw the stations, they won't get my business.

Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm not worried Taylor will be around for a long time. Those radio station DJ's get paid to play certain records by the record companies. I got the same BS from an AC stattion when I tried to request Just to Feel That Way 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Here is my I cry 833804
I have been thinking hard about alot of the buisness cents of Taylor. I for one belive he has been with "Grease" way to long now. He himself is distroying his own fan base. Mind you us die hards will be around as long as he is... BUT those fans who started out seeing him in concert or at a bar have lost intest.. hell even some of the fans I thought were die hards have left the building.. look at all the forums closeing.. and even me with all my advertising and upgrades and so forth. It seems to me that people are careing less and less because he has not done any big shows and such. When it comes to his music he has to constantly get out there and push his deal.....
so far all I see being puished is his teenangel act.. sorry but its true. His CD gets little to no mention other then when it fist came out...
So my take on all this on how I think Tay should pick himself up...
get the hell outta Grease because its starting to bring him down now...
and start playing fairs and open park concerts.. hey that would be a way he could crawl out from grease and the bar room scean and acctually show others his talent.. then he would open a whole new door... then again thats just my thinking...
I may not be to happy with what he does right now.. but I still love the man and his tunes...
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am

I cry 399539 I have to agree with Jodie about the Grease thing. He has been doing it waaaaaay too long. I was so shocked to hear Taylor had extended his Grease contract through the middle of 2010. My first reaction was..."What the hell is he thinking?" Then I thought..."He's a smart man, thinking about himself financially for future tours." Now I'm thinking..."I'm so done hearing about Grease, Teen Angel and his "national" tour. OMG, we need Taylor back on the road doing what he does best. Doing the one thing that put him on the map to begin with. I cry 1533

I stick to my guns. I do continue to support him and his music. I promised him along time ago...if he keeps singing, I'll keep listening. I've kept that promise to this day. But, like Jodie said, fans are losing interest, turning their backs on him. Taylor Hicks fansites are slowing down or disappearing. It's time for Taylor to shed Teen Angel and be the real Taylor Hicks we all know and love.

Come on Taylor...be that funky white boy!!! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am

Unfortunately, though, we have until next year to deal with those wings. I love Tay, and love he's in Grease...but it isn't getting him airplay (not that I expect that anyway at this point) or much attention.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:39 pm

I have claimed the motto that if he dont care why should I? Seriously ladies, were all stressing out about somthing we can do nothing about.. it is his life and well if he wants to mess up its his problem.. not trying to be rude but all in all maybe our dreams for Tay are not the same ones he has... so live and let live.. im tired of stressing out over trying to get him known... he has a managment team and only they can pull the strings needed be to get Tay up and running.. and well maybe Tay just like things the way they are,,,, just sayin
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

first of all i love Tay i really lot Tay.

now has it occured to anyone besides me the reason he stay with Grease is the same reason he join to begin with.

I don't think he should leave Grease what i think he should do is this- promote everywhere Grease goes!! He should have atleast two shadow concert everywhere Grease goes. If Grease is playing somewhere for less then a week then maybe only one then.

I know when he was here in Seattle he only had one concert and he was here for how long a month. Why only one why?? I would have been more then happy to pay to see him perform twice in that time.

So I think he needs to focus less on Grease - yes stick to it and do the show he did sign the contract - however use it has a vessel or means to accomplish the greater good - the promotion of his talent, cd and music.

Ok just the thoughts of one person here.

Oh by the way the cd part of that radio i throw doesn't work. I cry 555837
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm with you, Jodie. He seems pretty happy, and I confess - I'm pretty happy with him being small-to-medium fame wise. I mean, I know peole who are o well known they can't enjoy it - can't go have a drink with friends or go to the rocery store to decide which tomatoes are the freshest...hell, they're lucky to even cook in their own kitchen! To me, that's not life. Maybe it isn't to Tay either. Just keep him enough in the spotlight so I can keep an eye on him and go see him when I can, and I'm good.
My personal feelings of Grease are as they've always been. I think it's a great way to travel, a fantastic way to pay a few bills, and meet new people. It's a way to get his music out there. BUT I also think that it's not that much of a challenge after a while, and I look forward to his challenging himself. Plus, honestly...pretty pricy thing, the whole Grease gig. For a hundred bucks, you'd be shocked at what I can do to entertain myself far longer than 2 hours. Again, just me.
I agree to a point, Mae, that more than one shadow show per market might be a decent idea, but let's remember a few things. First, his first commitment is to Grease. They may have him doing press or have other commitments with them we don't know much about. Second, it costs money for him to put on these shows. Let's face the obvious here - club owners think he's a risky prospect at best. They aren't aware of the Power of the Patrol, *snicker*. But they agree to take him on, late for an act - a good act tends to have three sets per night - two at least. Tay's coming on around what - 10? And the clubs - most clubs around the country - they close at 2. That's maybe 2 sets, maybe. Not a whole lot of bang, agreed.Plus, he's gotta pay for the band to travel there and home, equipment to be hauled, stomachs to be flled, beds to be crashed onto, and let them bring home some money for all that to feed the family at home. It can be pricy. I've seen wrestlers travel themselves, pay for their food, do their thing, sleep in their vehicle, and maybe head for home with $25 in their wallet - most of which was gas to the next show. I can imagine the struggling musician's life is not that much different. Lastly, he needs to protect and care for his voice, and frankly himself. Singing Grease every night, doing TV and radio and other press, meet and greets, etc and so forth - he has to conserve. There's only so much energy one man has. Remember how often he was sick during the Idols tour and immediate two tours after? Just my opinion, guys.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Yea i not saying he should back out of Grease but use it has a vessel for the greater good.
He is sooooooo beautiful how can anyone hate him??
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 am

Well I'm sorry for you Mae, I hear Taylor now and again on my radio station, both SMBD and others, but I have a Taylor Friendly radio station. I cry 584949 I hounded them endlessly a couple of years ago and they maybe became afraid of me calling again. ya think? Doubtfull but it sounded good.

As far as Taylor and his Grease role, I kind of agree that this little gig is lasting too long, It gave him exposure but ok enough, I'm ready for a good old Taylor Hicks concert. :danceing . That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.. I cry 610414
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cry   I cry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I cry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Anything Taylor-
Jump to: