Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Recaps from Biloxi Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Recaps from Biloxi Show Empty
PostSubject: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 pm

Recaps from Biloxi Show

recap from Legacy:

The concert was really awesome... Taylor was in top form and delighted to be on that stage in front of a sold out venue!!! He was a dancing fool last night! We were chatting on his new ning site recently that we really enjoyed his dancing and were making comparisons between his hip action and Elvis.... I think he was reading, and then worked hard to make us happy Taylor fans!!!!

I am listening to the cell cert as I write this and it came in very clear!!! I am glad... my old cheap phone still has that magic!

Taylor was in the lobby signing Cd's for well over an hour... and everyone (or so it appeared) that wanted something signed got it signed. They were selling everything... even taking pictures and tee-shirts that were pinned to the wall as part of the display to sell and sign. There were a lot of people I had never met or seen before at this concert! I usually know 40 or 50 people at the shows ~ I think Beachn and I counted maybe 10 out of 1500 that we knew. Which is good news!! new fans!!! His voice gets stronger and better every time I hear him. He said during the concert that the Grease stage was helping him to become more comfortable on stage and with his audience.... and I agree as far as his interaction with the crowd. at one point someone yelled "sing free bird" (that old joke never gets tired to me and I laugh every time) and Taylor said "No Freebird", and then he said maybe later on tonight he would go and sing it at the Florabama. and then asked if someone could give him a lift to the Florabama! There were many volunteers.

He sang Maybe you Should, and I have never heard him sing it better. I know the lady who yelled out in the middle of the show that she would not be leaving... was having a wonderful time... but d**n... she almost stole the moment... but Taylor took it back and pulled us back into the song. (whoever you are my darling..... I do understand .... and I ain't leaving either! But hush next time... we were having us a moment! ... lol)
Taylor said that is a good song.... and then he said "I knew it was a good song because I was crying..... when you get it right ,you get it right", sweet .....

I loved Once upon a Lover... the bongos were bongoing, and the drummer was flying, I think Taylor really enjoys performing this song.... love the rolling rrrrr's. He was dancing the "Taylor" flamingo...and putting a little extra shake into those hips... love it .... The jumbo tron had really neat double images during this song... when I could drag my eyes away from Taylor and look at them!!! I hope someone was able to get photo's of those. He was really holding some long notes and was hitting those high notes on the nail head!! He changed it up a little in the middle. And Jeff was amazing blowing his horns on this one. Jeff was spot on tonight ... so proud of him! At one point there was a bongo solo and Tay was moving his butt to the beat... more funny than sexy.... cute. Hope there is video of that. Someone wanted to know what I said when this was over ~~ I said "Lord have mercy.... mercy, mercy.... That was hot, hot, hot!! Taylor has me sweating like a sleeper in church!!!"

Let me check the list... hold on....

Ok, the next song was the blues... OMG ...Dust My Broom.... I thought this was the first time he had sung/sang(?? grammar is not my strong suite) but Beachn thought he had sung it once before and used it as tags. I love it! I want it on a cd, and Sam was incredible on blues guitar... He gave me chill bumps! And Taylors harp made me shiver! He took us to church and smeared our lipstick with this one!!!

What's Right is Right ... beautiful, there was not a sound from the audience as he sang this.... we were all in a trance ..... And when he started tagging Tupelo Honey.... I started sucking my thumb! There was some woman after the show that said when he sang that she realized that she would let him hog the covers and snore if he would just come and keep her bed from being empty.... (I guess her age at 68 maybe even 70!!!! )

Nineteen was chill bump inducing.... People began to stand and cheer.. and the lights came up briefly and I saw a handful of soldiers in their desert fatiques, sitting in a clump high in the balcony... gave me a lump in my throat. Then Jeff began to play Dixie on the flute.... being a southerner... it just hammered home the destruction of war.

Melissa and Jason had invited Donna Hall to come to the concert with them. Somehow Taylor learned she was coming to the concert and asked her if she would come on the stage and sing with him... She did a great job and really complemented his voice. Lovely lady ... tiny little blonde... I swear her butt was no bigger than a nats! She is the lead singer for Wet Willie. She sang Distance with him and SMB ... between the two songs he did a little of that old old dance... the dirty dog... and then he pranced about the stage a bit and said if we thought Ellen Degenrous (how the hell do you spell her name?) any way.... if we thought Ellen D. would like SMB at the FloraBama? And then he said we could give her a BUSHwacker.... and did his naughty eyebrows! He changed the arrangement on this ( he keeps us on our toes) .. and I really liked Donna's additions to this song... and Sam's guitar on this was awesome! He then wanted everyone to shhhhh and he played his harmonica solo... sweeeetttttt. A lot of the crowd would point their finger at Taylor when he would sing don't point your finger at meeeeee.

Encore!!! many of the ladies ran up to the stage for lthe encore and Taylor was slapping hands and touching fingertips...

Taylor was hot tonight.... he had a blast .... and so did we ... I am so glad that I came to this concert.... special night. I say that for every concert I go to!!!

And again... thank you for allowing me to share my concert with you through the cell-cert...I was a last minute substitution, and numerous technical difficulties, but so happy I could help out.

here's more:

After the concert walk around and visit.

I hate that I could not get cell reception afterwards... Everyone left the area and Having fun, her new to Taylor friend, Melissa, Jason and myself headed for the bar for a cold one and there we visited with Sam, he was his friendly, shy self, said to tell everyone hello, and I met the new to me drummer, he is a charmer ~~ he kissed my hand ~~ don't you just love a man who kisses your hand! Handsome too! He said he has known Taylor for years and this was the first time he has sat in with him post idol. The young-un (that is how he was introduced to me... still don't know his name) was a cutie.. he played bass. Looked a little shell shocked from his experience with the soul patrol. Bongo player was a friendly chap and did a little salsa dance for us... Played a little interference for the ladies as there were some men who wanted us to join them at their table... I am sorry I haven't slept yet and my mind will not come up with names... maybe after a nap I can provide them. Marcie and Jeff came in and there were hugs and sugar for everyone. He said he really had a great time tonight and that Taylor told them backstage that he was ready to hit the stage... he had been chilling in the cone and needed tonight. Clay came in... poor baby looked exhausted and said that he and Taylor had not stopped all week .. it was all work and getting up and starting their days at 5am. As tired as he was he acted like he was glad to see us and gave hugs all around, and we had a nice visit.

There was a very ill lady who did not quite make it out of the door to the concert hall and had to be taken out by stretcher, lots of folks with sniffles and coughing... being the nurse that I am ... all I could think of was H1N1 (swine flu) and kept passing around my bottle of purell, I asked if Taylor scrubbed his hands after his cd signing and was told he came back stage with his hands in the air like a surgeon and made a bee line for the sink and scrubbed his hands... good boy!!! He did not get to relax backstage , he was making sure equipment was packed and placed in the van, and then sent to sign papers.... no rest for the weary as they say. It was fun and nice to catch up with everyone, and that is always part of the fun to me.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:27 pm

:) Sounds like this was indeed a great time. Jeesh, wish I had been there!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 am

Me too CC, me too...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Make that three girls. ~sigh~
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh, add me in there too. I miss Sam and Jeff so bad. I hope they opt to come to WP. I heard Clay's gonna sign his CDs there too - Sis, I'm going to buy one. You might want to bring a little extra for one too. Clay rocks! Anyway, that's all I got. Talk to you later.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:05 pm

OK.....*tucking extra money in pocket* I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recaps from Biloxi Show   Recaps from Biloxi Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recaps from Biloxi Show
Page 1 of 1