Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back Empty
PostSubject: Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back   Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 pm

"Grease" Broadway Star/HCS Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover

(HOOVER HIGH/Aug. 22, 2009) – Hoover’s own Taylor Hicks has scheduled a visit to his alma mater, Hoover High, for Wednesday, September 23rd.

The American Idol winner and Grease Broadway star returns to Birmingham that week while Grease is being staged at the BJCC Concert Hall. With regard to his Hoover High visit, Theatre Director Nancy Malone envisions a quaint conversation with theatre students about Hicks’ rise to fame in the entertainment industry.

“It’s so exciting to see someone who is local who has made it professionally in the arts. It’s a testament to the theatre department that alumni want to come back and share. It puts the spotlight on a very vibrant program at Hoover High,” Malone said.

According to Malone, a parent of a theatre student made some business connections which led to Hicks’ visit.

“We have some wonderful parents who have done a lot for the program,” Malone said.

Taylor Hicks’ visit has taken on new meaning in recent days – as the school has learned that select Grease cast members will accompany the Idol.

“We felt honored just to have Taylor come. When they said, ‘hey some cast members can come too‘ we thought that was so gracious. Theatre and the arts are very important in our area and to have people come and give back is an incredible thing.”

advertisement for grease:

http://www.greaseonbroadway.com/

http://www2.hoover.k12.al.us/newssite/Page...nstoHoover.aspx
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back   Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Leave it to our man to do something good for kids. Ya gotta love him. Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back 531978
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back   Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:25 pm

That's just the sweetest thing - I'm so proud of him. And I am equally impressed with the Grease cast. How kind are they to offer their time as well. Here's to the theatre kids at Hoover High - I hope this visit inspires THEM to amazing heights!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back   Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alum Taylor Hicks Returns to Hoover, Taylor gives back
Page 1 of 1