Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

voting voting voting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

voting voting voting Empty
PostSubject: voting voting voting   voting voting voting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:33 pm

voting voting voting
Sunday, February 15, 2009, 11:00 PM PST [General]

Now that the first voting week of ai is here i have decided to blog my thoughts on AI voting.

I think the voting for the most part is fair. Everyone is given atleast in theory the same amount of

time to vote. Everyone is given two hours, except for the finale when everyone is given four hours

to vote. So in that since i would have to say it is fair.

However, inspite of that it isn't accuarate and for that reason should be change.

That is because why there is a time limit there is no actual limit on how many times one can vote

during that time limit. Anyone can vote, vote, vote and vote some more during that time. They can

vote one time or 1000 during that time. Yet is is far better for a contestant to get a 1000 votes

from a 1000 voters, then a 1000 votes by one voter. See the difference one contestant has a 1000

fans voting and polling for them and the other has one craze out fan voting over and over and over

again. It isn't a true measure of anything except for the mad dailing and text of the fans.

I think there should be some kind of limit on voting per method. Like as many votes as

contestants performing that night per method and the voters gets to divide up the votes many

way they choose. I know that there will always be voters that will figure out how to cheat the

system, however in the long run it will still provide a much more accurate picture.

Will i be voting again?? That is a good question, and i haven't decide for sure yet.

Season five i was told i voted for the wrong person, even though Taylor Hicks is my all time

favorite singer. I support him by buying his music and going to his concerts.

Season six by favorite of that season left in the tenth spot, so obviously i voted wrong that

season also. Though he has better vocals then the other 9 contestants that left after him.

Season Seven i thought Syesha Mercado was the best out of the top 24 and should have made

the final two. However the judges for no reason at all throw her and her talent off the train and

under the bus, saying she wasn't good enough to be in the finale. So for the third season in the

roll i once again voted for the wrong person. And my favorites that seasons didn't even make

it to the top 24, though my favorite one from season seven which happens to be at this point my

second favorite contestant, has a major recording contract. That is something that many in the

ten, from every season will never have. Thank God that Warner Bros knows amazing talent

when they hear it. I think in the long run Josiah Leming will still be the most successful from

season seven and one of the most from ai history. And i for one is looking forward to getting his

cd. So will i be voting?? Maybe, however according to the judges i have yet to vote for the

right person.

Now i word about Taylor Hicks' win. While i wanted Taylor to win win win and was really happy

that he did, the victory was short live. While i still think he deserve that win, after all he is my

all time favorite singer (sorry Elvis), i think he would have been better off losing the title and going

with another major recording company. One that would have respect for him and his amazing

talent and given him full control and input into his music and cd. And one that would have

promote him. He deserves soooooooo much more and soooooooo much better. He shouldn't have

time to be in Grease, even though i am looking forward to see him perform in the play when

he comes to my area, and his shadow tours even though i am doubly looking forward to that.

He should be selling out stadiums, because he is that awesome of a performer\singer.

So sometimes even when your favorite wins the title they may of been better off losing the title,

even though like Taylor they may deserve to win the title
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

voting voting voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting voting voting   voting voting voting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Are we.... eer ....again???

Suffice it to say, until the powers to be of American Idol do something different the voting issue will remain the same. That's all I've got to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

voting voting voting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: