Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12 Empty
PostSubject: Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12   Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 am

Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12 474588Happy November everyone. Two rants before we get to the actual show. First off I am so sick of the election ads I could scream. Jeesh it is like you get at least 3 to 5 ads during the commercial breaks. Thank goodness the election will be over next week. The other rant is the audience. These screaming maniacs make it almost impossible to hear the contestants when they perform. Sure wish they would ask them to tone it down because it is also hard to hear what the judges have to say as well. Now to the show:

After the intro to the hosts and the judges we learn that each judge will be picking their top two acts to advance to next week and the bottom two who will have to sing for survival. One of the bottom two will move on while the other will be sent home. Next week the public vote will be making the decisions on who stays and who goes. Here is how it went down:

Demi Lovato (wow, she looks so drab) - Young Adults

First Demi picks Jennel Garcia and Paige Thomas to advance (I was okay with this). Now CeCe Frey and Willie Jones will have to sing for survival.

First up is CeCe who performs "Out Here On My Own" originally by Irene Cara. As mentioned the audience was screaming alot but of the few notes I could hear it was just okay. CeCe was looking so sad and trying not to cry which might account for the off-notes.

Willie Jones opts to sing "You Don't Know Me" by Ray Charles. Loved the deep tones of his voice.

L.A. Reid thinks CeCe might have saved herself while he says Willie's performance was good.

Britney felt CeCe sounded powerful and thinks Willie stood out.

Simon says Cece was good and thinks Willie has a distinct sound.

Demi's choice to keep is CeCe Frey (oh yuck). Sadly the journey ends for young Willie Jones.

L.A. Reid - Over 25's

I am thrilled that L.A. keeps Vino Alan and Tate Stevens to advance. His bottom two consist of David Correy and Jason Brock.

David Correy is up first with Kelly Clarkson's hit "Since You've Been Gone". This arrangement was done differently than how Kelly did it. It was a slower rendition and I thought he did well.

Jason Brock however shined with his rendition of "One Moment In Time" by Whitney Houston. It proved he was not just a showman but a good singer as well.

Britney felt David blew us away while she commented that she was now a fan of Jason's.

Demi thought David forced to much on his song but felt Jason was unique and likeable.

Simon thinks David was melodramatic and thinks Jason was better even though he feels neither could win the competion.

L.A. surprisingly picks Jason Brock to move on while David Correy is sent home. I felt this was right on based on tonight's performances.

Britney Spears - Teens

Her top two are Beatrice Miller and Carly Rose Sonneclar. While I thought Beatrice was not so good the night before I did feel these were Britney's strongest two contenders. Her bottom two Arin Ray and Diamond White now need to sing for survival.

Arin's choice of song is "I Look To You" by Whitney Houston. This was just okay for me overall since Arin sounded shakey in the beginning but it got better as he went along. Hard to hear because of the screaming girls in the audience.

Diamond sings "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John. Again I am not blown away as this was on the boring side, some off-key notes and kind of yelling at the end of the song.

L.A. feels that Arin has what it takes while he mentions that Diamond gave him chill bumps.

Demi mentions how Arin drew her in and feels that Diamond has soul and fire.

Simon calls Arin's performance great and is equally complimentary to Diamond.

Britney opts to advance Arin Ray (this was a no-brainer since the girl fans really dig him). Diamond White goes home.

Simon Cowell - Groups

This was also a no-brainer as I just knew he would pick Emblem3 and Lyric145 to advance. His bottom two are Sister C and the group known as 1432.

Sister C is performing "When I Look At You" by Miley Cyrus. They did not sound so annoying but alot of their lyrics did not sound that clear.

1432 perform "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato. I feel these five girls have real potential however they need to sing more as a group rather than individual solos that they do.

L.A. thinks Sister C picked the right song and feels 1432 did their number proud.

Demi feels Sister C are talented and should stay. She feels 1432 were great and better than herself singing her song.

Britney is pleasantly surprised by Sister C. 1432 made her a believer with their number.

Simon has a tough choice but opts to advance 1432 and sends Sister C home. I was okay with this. One last note Simon does not like the name 1432 so he is having a contest on the X-Factor website to pick a new name for this group. How about Factor5 or Mystic5 which I read off the internet. That way each of Simon's groups contain a number.

Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12 322546So now we know our top 12 and the public will be deciding from here on in who stays and who goes. I must say that both Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez are a bit rude as hosts as they seem to cut off the contestants and even the judges while they were speaking at times tonight. I know time is a factor but I feel they could have done things a little better. Another thing is Khloe kept mixing up the names of the judges and contestants. I have really liked Mario in the past on other shows as a host. Maybe it is nerves but both need to tone-up their hosting skills.

It is now time to say adieu so until next time have a great week!
Back to top Go down

Results/Top 16 - 11/1/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: The X-Factor-
Jump to: