Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:29 pm

Monday, October 01, 2007By DONNIE MOORHOUSEMusic writer
WEST SPRINGFIELD - There is something about the last show at the fair that signals a finality to summer.

While the change of seasons was officially ushered in more than a week ago, Taylor Hicks' show at the Big E on Saturday night was an even more definitive goodbye-to-summer moment. The air turned a little cooler; the night seemed a little longer.

Hicks closed out the live music portion of the fair with a 75 minute set in front of his legion of fans, dubbed the Soul Patrol, who filled the folded chairs and bleachers of the Comcast Arena.

The Big E is getting some mileage out of television's "American Idol" beauty contest. Along with Hicks and Chris Daughtry, who also performed this year, the fair has played host to Idol contestants Clay Aiken and Carrie Underwood.

Hicks has aptly named his fan club, given that he leans toward a soul and R&B presentation when recording and performing. He literally jumped on stage to open the show, landing as if on a balance beam with his arms stretched open wide and his band jamming to the funk-lite opener "Give Me Tonight."

He stayed in dance-soul-mode for "Heart and Soul" before his first ballad of the night, the lead single off his album "Just to Feel That Way."

Hicks may make his mark in the business as a song interpreter, covering classic compositions rather than writing original tunes. He gave an ample sampling in this set with a handful of covers including Traffic's "Medicated Goo."

The still young, gray-haired singer used rolling piano lines and played a little bit of harmonica on the up-tempo "My Friend," followed by a too-fast paced version of Rod Stewart's "Young Turks."

There was a slight lull during another original, "The Deal," but Hicks and his band picked it up again with a swinging, horn-fueled "Gonna Move," which could fit nicely into Southside Johnny's style of Asbury Park R&B.

Hicks paid tribute to Ray Charles with hints of the legend's "What'd I Say," tucked inside "Heaven Knows." He played harmonica again on "The Right Place," and closed the set with "Runaround."

Hicks returned to encore with a sound version of The Doobie Brothers' "Long Train Runnin.'"

http://www.masslive.com/republican/...3240.xml&coll=1
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:01 am

:waving: While many may not get Taylor's music the point is he can sing anything and be just as dynamic and full of charisma. I really get angry when someone even gives a hint of not liking Taylor's original material because I personally think he has a real knack for writing songs that have lyrics that go right to the heart rather than someone screaming their brains out. 👅 Fantasia and Daughtry anyone?

:eyepop: Oops, did I say that?

Anyway, thanks for the article. :)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 am

Great article thanks so much
It is a shame that Taylor does not get the media attention he so deserves but one of these days they'll wake up and smell the music in the air and then EVERYONE will know who Taylor Hicks is..
Back to top Go down
merrymax
Super Mod
Super Mod
merrymax

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:44 am

Thanks for the article....

"He literally jumped on stage to open the show, landing as if on a balance beam with his arms stretched open wide and his band jamming to the funk-lite opener "Give Me Tonight."

Would have loved to see this....... he is truly one amazing guy!! :)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:16 am

That he is MM that he is, simply AMAZING Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans 399539
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans   Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks delights 'American Idol' fans
Page 1 of 1