Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Empty
PostSubject: 3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07   3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 7:59 am

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 42519 Well gang this is actually the last week of competition for our bands as next week the winner of "The Next Great American Band" will be crowned. I must say I think each of the remaining bands are so wonderful and it will be a tough one to predict. I am sort of leaning to Six Wire taking it all as they have been the most consistent throughout the show. I do know however that I will be buying music from each of these groups provided of course that I can get their music.

Topic Okay on to the show. Dominic Bowden still looking like he had been scalped with that too short haircut welcomes us to the show once again in jeans, a T-shirt (what else) and black leather jacket. He informs us that each of the remaining bands will be performing 3 songs; Judges pick, Show pick, Band pick. Then comes the usual intro to our judges. I personally am waiting anxiously to see who made the cut so let's get started.

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 891965 The first band to be called is Denver & The Mile High Orchestra. I basically think this band is so good musically however Denver is not consistent with his vocals as sometimes he is so good and other times he seems so bland. Each of the groups will perform the judges pick first, then come back to do the show pick and finally perform their favorite pick in which they can pick a song already performed, an original or a different cover.

1st song - Judges pick - Sheila picks "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire and this is actually a perfect choice for this group. The band sounds great and even Denver manages to sound decent on the high notes of this song. My grade: B

2nd song - Show pick - "Vehicle" by the Ides of March was a true hit for Bo Bice and while the band sounded good, Denver reverted back to just being okay on the vocal. My grade: B-

3rd song - Band pick - "The Way You Move Me" is an original which sounded quite good and I can see this band having a huge following with this song. My grade: B+

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 820770: Next up is The Clark Brothers and I am so glad as these 3 cuties have definitely given us some awesome music throughout the competition. This group has shown real passion for the music and I just adore them.

1st song - Judges pick - John chooses for them to sing "If I Can Change The World" which was a big hit for Eric Clapton. I love this song but sadly was not so impressed with Ashley's vocals on this one. The Dobro sounded so good and of course both Ashley and Adam did well musically but Ashley sounded so strained vocally throughout most of the song. The ending added depth as mentioned by Sheila. My grade: B-

2nd song - Show pick - Now we come back to the greatness of this group as they perform "Amazed" by Lonestar. Ashley sings this song with a lot of heart and passion. The harmony between the brothers was also a plus so I was amazed that Dicko did not care for it. My grade: A

3rd song - Band pick - The band chooses to do a traditional gospel number entitled "This Little Light of Mine - Faith, Faith, Faith". This song sounded so familiar although I do not know who wrote it. The band once again shows real passion and give a wild church going spin to this song. I definitely have "Faith" in this group. My grade: A

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 765416 With total relief on my part the last band to perform is Six Wire. I just love this group as musically they have been the most consistent throughout the competition and I already want to buy their originals. Each one of this group gives their all and each week I have been totally entertained with their performances.

1st song - Judges pick - Dicko picks "Reeling In the Years" by Steeley Dan and it is a great choice. Musically the group is tight with a wonderful solo of the guitars that is nailed to perfection. Andy who I think is a great singer does well with the vocals although he seems to be holding back a little during this number but overall a wonderful performance that makes Dicko a true fan. My grade: B+

2nd song - Show pick - "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" by England Dan & John Ford Coley. This was a good choice that did bring back some memories for me. Andy chooses to sing the song without his guitar and I immediately get the sense of a very intimate setting as the vocals are so great and I felt like he was singing the song to me. Once again great harmony once the other singers join in. Loved it! My grade: A

3rd song - Band pick - With a tribute to the leaving band "Light of Doom" the band does "Good To Be Back" an original that they actually performed at the auditions. Definitely a rocking song that will be a hit as the band shows how great they are both musically and vocally. All three judges agree that this band is fantastic. My grade: A+

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 412302 to see Light of Doom leave this week as they did give some pretty good performances however I have no doubt that we have not heard the last of this band. While not in the same league as the 3 remaining bands on the show I predict they will one day be a big hit in the music world.

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 295441 🍌 My pick to win it all is Six Wire however as mentioned before it is kind of tough to choose as I also really dig The Clark Brothers. Hopefully all 3 groups will get contracts as I would buy music from all of them.

wiggle Well gang, that's a wrap and enjoy your weekend!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07   3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:42 pm

Thanks concertcris,

I do look forward to your review of this show as I never seem to get to watch it.. so you think 6 wire will win it all? sense I've not watch hardly any of it I'll take your word for it ha... Great job of reporting this week after week and I will miss reading them when the show is over..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07   3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:50 pm

;) Thanks Sandi, I have enjoyed doing the re-caps. It will be a dry spell for me after the show ends. However, plan to do re-caps of American Idol once it gets started so hopefully many of the members will get involved with giving their comments.

Exclamation
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07   3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm

I will for sure, Nothing better than AI to read recaps about and it might be a little interesting to see who everyone likes and or doesn't like..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07   3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Bands - 3 Songs - 12/14/07
Page 1 of 1