Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Empty
PostSubject: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:18 am

:welcome1: Well here we are in San Diego, California for our next round of auditions. Ryan Seacrest tells us of how beautiful San Diego is with the surf, sun and sand. Next we see the over 12,000 hopefuls that have shown up at the Rancho Bernardo Inn (just a note, this place is expensive to stay at). I loved how Ryan made this place seem like such a wonderland but in reality it is just full of tons of traffic and people. So let's get to Day 1.

cheers I have to say we saw more good than bad during this audition process. Maybe it was because the show was only an hour long.

Tetiana Ostapowych (wow, that's a mouthful) is a nice looking blond (another one) who sings "Someone To Watch Over Me" which is a great song in my book and she does it pretty well. Simon tells her he does not think she is as good as she thinks she is but all the judges vote her through. Her parting words to Simon are "I'll show you in Hollywood".

😢 Next up is a man whose story tugs at the heart-strings. He is a single dad from Arizona. 27 year old Perrie Cataldo is raising his son Avion alone since his wife died in January of 2005. Not sure what the cause of death was but sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong crowd. He gives us a very good rendition of "I'll Make Love To You" by Boys 2 Men. I thought he was good but maybe not great however the judges love him and off to Hollywood he goes. Side note: His son is a real cutie.

Australian born Michael Johns is a real doll and he can actually sing as he performs "I've Been Loving You Too Long" by Otis Redding. I have to admit I think I may have found someone who might wow me depending if he makes it to the top 24. He now lives in Los Angeles so Hollywood-bound Michael will have no problem adapting to the area.

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 945178 Some bad singers are up next in the form of Matt, Chris and Tehilla.

wiggle Next we get to see lots of love for the judges and two girls who adore Simon. Samantha Musa and her sister Michelle I think might have made his day. Michelle sends Simon a note that she wants to come in and meet him so "happy" Simon says yes and even shares his seat with her so she can judge her sister who sings Aretha Franklin's "Until You Come Back To Me". I thought Samantha was quite good but trying too hard however the judges give her 4 yes votes (Michelle was one of them) and they end the day with a group hug. Simon mentions he just loves this country. Okay Simon, what are you on?

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 76735 Aaron Garrett gives us a steady stream of "Leave Me Alone". A big no from the judges.

David Archuleta has some professional background as he won Star Search when he was 12 years old however this is not mentioned during this audition. Instead we hear how one of his vocal chords became somewhat paralyzed and he has been working on recovering from this. He performs "Waiting For The World To Change" by John Mayer with some help from Randy as a back-up singer. While I thought he was good, I was not as wowed at the judges were. Is this another set-up?

Our final contestant that we get to see on day 2 is Carly (Hennessy)Smithson. Notice that her prior last name was not mentioned. She comes with her husband that would make me sick to look at as his face is a big tattoo (he owns a tattoo shop). She tried out in Las Vegas during our Taylor season but was disqualified in Hollywood due to Visa problems as she is from Ireland. No mention that she had a contract with MCA, has a video on Youtube and only sold 300 copies of her prior cd through the record company who dropped her. She sings "I'm Every Woman" (boy, am I sick of this song). She does well but Simon thinks she was better 2 years ago however she is sent through for another round in Hollywood.

:P Although not as overly strange as some of the others we have seen up until now we still get to view some real winners who really need to get a life I think.

Valerie Reyes adores Mariah Carey and talks with Ryan about people who have auditioned before and how bad they were. She then proceeds to give us the worse version of "Against All Odds" I have ever heard. She mentions after the rounds of nos that now she is another reject. Oh Valerie, find the right note dear!

Joseph sings while Juanita mimes through their audition. lol!

Monique Gibson and Christopher Baker come together to give us two very bad auditions. Monique tries to conquer "I Believe In Miracles" by Whitney Houston however Simon says it best that nothing will rescue her. Chris attempts whatever that was in a very off-key and flat manner. Never could grasp the song he was trying to sing. The judges tell him he is off-key but he just keeps on singing. As they leave together empty-handed of the gold ticket, they have lots of San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 17486 words for our viewing pleasure.

queen Blake Boshnack has tried out 10 times prior to this audition with one of his attempts as the Statue of Liberty. Mom Leslie discusses all the things they have gone through because of his "talent". His rendition of "Stand By Me" is not good enough to make the grade even though he dresses normally on this eleventh time. He vows to try again.

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 945178 Our final notable of the night is Alberto Hurtado who is definitely in la-la land I think. Looking like a hippie, he carrys a big green fan with the words "A Big American Idol Fan" written on it (duh, how cute?). We hear how he gets his inspiration from his imagination. A very quiet man who gives us his own song called "Lift or Live" (not sure on this one as he is so quiet). It depresses the judges with Simon saying it is like a storm cloud on a sunny day. He says it ends happier but again the judges are not thrilled. After the no across the board, he gives Paula a fan with her name on it. Then our guy who wants to be as free as an eagle flies away.

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 201170 So our journey to San Diego now comes to an end with 30 who actually make it to Hollywood. Our next stop will be in Charleston, South Carolina but from the clips we see I am not sure how productive our visit there will be.

With that thought in mind I now bid you San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 296366 .
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:43 am

Great Review concertcris, You nailed it, I think my favorite from last night was Perrie, and not just because of his background story, I thought he could really sing good and will be a big improvement to the ones already going to Hollywood, I did like him but he's not a Taylor type but I bet given the chance he'll do really well..

I agree with Tetiana, she did really well, nice looking but remembering her name is going to be a problem for me.

I also liked that Samantha,and again Simon showed a softer side to himself, he's really going to lose his bad boy statis if he's not careful, I did think she had a good voice and she's not even a blonde.

I agree with you on the Tatoo guy, OMG No way would I go out in public like that, but then he must like Tattos huh?? I was surprised Carly got through though, I didn't think she was that good and it made me wonder once again why they are putting these so so average singers through,

Now on the AI boards they all think that David is the one to win this year and he did do a great job I agree but I think Perrie was much better in a different kind of way. He's young and I'm sure he'll improve and I hope the best for him as he did have to overcome some health problems to get where he is today.

I almost felt sorry for that Blake though, I remember him from Season 5 when all he got out was "Start spreading the News" and Simon said "thank you, good by" I didn't think he was that bad and they've put through worse in my opinion. I'm sure we'll see him next year as well ya think??

I thought even the "bad" or "crazy" singers were toned down a bit from last week. Could be just me I guess..

Thanks so much for the recap.. Great job
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 am

🆒 Sandi, we agree pretty much on Perrie. I am not sure if he will make it in Hollywood but really like this guy a lot. My other two favorites of the night were Michael Johns and Samantha Musa. Both have a real chance I hope. As for David, well it was just okay for me as was Carly but hey, we might be getting played once again. I do know both of them were part of the top 50 in Hollywood. At least that is what has been written on another site.

Sure hope some of the really good talent get through to the top 24. Bye for now.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 am

:sad: Dang, it appears that one of my favorites Michael Johns is one of the "plant" professionals who once was signed to Maverick Records. While I enjoyed his singing during the auditions I am not so thrilled with his prior actions of screwing over his band which was called "The Rising".

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 322546 Perrie takes over my number #1 spot of the night!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:12 am

I really liked Perrie, I honestly think he's got a natural born talent, as for Michael was ok but so far for the guys in the three cities I like Perrie and Drew, the gals I liked Melanie(all though I'm sure she was cut in Hollywood) that Angela, and last night that Samantha. They are all a different type and seem very sincere, kind of reminded me of Ayla from season 5..
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:13 am

Now I'm still going to love Michael even though he screwed his band over. I don't know why I guess I like to give people a second chance first. My opinion will probably change as it so often does.

When David was auditioning....I totally saw $$$$ in all the judges eyes.

I have a feeling they're looking for someone to bring them in big money. Well...that's what it's all about though, isn't it? I just hope they have a variety of contestants and not all just pop or rock...i'd like to see a mix so I hope it goes that way.

I mean she sang backup. It's probably why I just probably won't vote because they'll have the contestants in there that they want to win. Hopefully it will backfire on them. It's so fun when it does LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 am

Angie wrote:
Now I'm still going to love Michael even though he screwed his band over. I don't know why I guess I like to give people a second chance first. My opinion will probably change as it so often does.

When David was auditioning....I totally saw $$$$ in all the judges eyes.

I have a feeling they're looking for someone to bring them in big money. Well...that's what it's all about though, isn't it? I just hope they have a variety of contestants and not all just pop or rock...i'd like to see a mix so I hope it goes that way.

I mean she sang backup. It's probably why I just probably won't vote because they'll have the contestants in there that they want to win. Hopefully it will backfire on them. It's so fun when it does LOL

Oh I so agree with you,I've said from the first audition that they are going to get the ones they want to the top 12 even if they have to put through the bad or below average singers to do it. I've seen so many already that have went through that would normally not. Something is up for sure and I sure hope it back fires. I think they didn't like the way we voted in Season 5 and to not run the risk of someone they didn't want to win winning they are "stacking the deck" per say. I would love to be proven wrong but I'll be very interested in who goes to the 12..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 pm

:) Back-firing on them would indeed be funny but if you think about it things may go a whole different way than they plan. After all last year even though the judges liked Melinda a lot, I noticed how they kept pushing great remarks about Jordin however she is not doing that well with her sales, neither is Blake. I did see that Jordin is actually number 1 on the VH1 countdown so maybe that will raise her numbers but I do not see Blake anywhere.

I guess it will boil down to who votes for whom on the top 12. Jeesh, can not wait to get past this audition part.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 am

The auditions are getting a tad boring IMO Get to Hollywood week already. Although I may be bored 'cause I have seen and posted the list of the rumored Top 24 over at my site.

I don't know if they even expected Jordin and Blake to be in the Top 2. I bet they figured and wanted Melinda to win. All this backfires on them. The more they pimp a contestant the less chance they have of winning because us viewers aren't dumb!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:23 am

Just had to post this picture, I got it out of the TV Guide and it has Taylor in it woooooooo....

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 020
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 pm

WOOOOOOOO!!!

What is Randy eating? String cheese? LMAO Sorry...I notice dumb things like that!
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 pm

:kisses: Love, love, love the picture of Taylor. That is one thing no one can ever take away from him and that is he won American Idol.

Thanks for posting this Sandi! San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 839840
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Well on another site some of the members are still up in arms that Taylor has been taken out of the tower, which I know I seen him there but anyway, I posted this there to try to make them feel better and what I got was " ya but look what he's got above him the "LOSER" word, thank goodness someone else posted and said that it was the article about the writers strike, Wow I was just trying to help and finding it hard to please some people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08   San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

San Diego, California Auditions - 1/22/08
Page 1 of 1