Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Guys - 2/26/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:21 am

:welcome1: Wow, what a difference a week makes. Tonight I was so entertained by so many that it will be a shame for anyone to leave on Thursday with a few exceptions. I will skip over the usual intros by Ryan to the viewers and the judges and get right to the performances. I do have to say that I totally could not understand the judges rulings on some of these performances and on many of them I totally disagreed with them.

Side note: Each guy told us something that we might not know about them so I will keep that part brief as I comment on their actual performance. Also need to mention that tonight's theme was the 1970's. It seems like they are following a pattern here with the decades so on with the show.

The Guys - 2/26/08 76735 Michael Johns takes the first spot and talks about his love for tennis. Performing Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" his voice came off to my ears as trying too hard to reach the high notes during the chorus. He sounded better on the verse but he did forget a line of the song and made his own up. What gets me about this is no judge caught that. Instead each thought he did well with it. Is this a pimp job or what? My grade: D

The Guys - 2/26/08 66929 Jason Castro sings with so much feeling after telling us about his downfall doing interviews. Singing "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" originally done by Andy Gibb of the Bee Gees clan, he again plays the guitar which here I did agree with the judges that this caused him some pitchy notes. Randy was just okay with it while Paula gave some constructive advice about not using the guitar next time. Simon, of course was his usual self by calling it horrible. I don't quite agree with that but do feel he needs to work on his vocals. My grade: B-

The Guys - 2/26/08 57823 Our next guy sings with an acapella group called Chapter 6. My suggestion is go listen to them on Youtube as they are great. Luke Menard's song choice is a difficult one to sing. Attempting "Killer Queen" by Queen I thought he did a good job in spite of the band sounding off to me. Simon mentions that it lacked excitement but I honestly feel this was the band's fault. Luke to my ears sounded very good and really showed off his range. Definitely potential plus with this guy. My grade: B

🎶 Robbie Carrico is into car racing. His song tonight is "Hot-Blooded" by Foreigner. This was a good vocal however I had to agree with Randy about the rocker image. I honestly do not feel that when he sings. Paula thought he played it too soft with Simon saying it was okay. My advice to this lad is show some attitude to present that rocker side of you. My grade: B+

:eyepop: Our next contestant is Danny Noreiga. I have to say I just feel like slapping this kid everytime he appears with that cocky attitude. He tells us he was in a punk rock group when he was in 9th grade before he performs The Carpenters song "Superstar". To me he sounded off-key throughout the song. The judges instead talk about how he seems to be thinking too much while he sings. WHAT? Danny is a cute kid and does look great on camera but other than that a big no way on winning this competition. My grade: C-

The Guys - 2/26/08 295441 David Hernandez tells us that as a child he was big into gymnastics and even won some medals. Here I am finally totally entertained as David sings "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" by The Temptations. Amazing vocal and showed lots of personality and attitude while singing. I loved, loved, loved it and surprise so did the judges. My grade: A+

🍌 Jason Yeager plays several instruments although for tonight's performance he just sings. Doing "Without Love" by The Doobie Brothers he does so much better than last week. Good vocal with some stage presence. My only complaint is he is smiling too much but overall I liked it. The judges however are not so kind. Randy calls it karaoke, Paula says wrong song choice and Simon the jerk says it is ordinary. Rudely Simon adds insult to the wound by telling us it is like the never-ending story as Jason tries to explain his thoughts to Ryan. Simon, shut up! My grade: B+

The Guys - 2/26/08 833804 Chikezie Eze lets us know where his name came from before he performs a Donny Hathaway song called "I Believe In Myself". I remember how wonderfully Elliott Yamin did this number but have to give props to Chikezie as he does perform it well. Singing on pitch with some stage presence thrown in he impresses the judges a lot. I was not so blown away as the judges but do think Chikezie did a good job. My grade: B+

The Guys - 2/26/08 820770: David Cook is a word-nerd he tells us. However that was not shown as he does a great performance of "It's Alright Now" originally by the group Free. I thought he was awesome playing his guitar and singing right on pitch. This guy is definitely our rocker of the show. Both Randy and Paula gave him his due however Simon calls it solid without any real charisma. Simon are you on drugs or what? My grade: A+

👶 Our babe in the woods is the last guy of the evening. David Archuleta lets us know how great he felt singing before Kelly Clarkson. Then he performs John Lennon's song "Imagine". What I liked about this performance is he made it his own with some changes in the actual set-up of the song. His vocal was quite good and the judges were wowed by his performance with Simon actually saying he is the one to beat. My thoughts are with all the girls that were screaming for him in the audience that Simon may be right. My grade: A

The Guys - 2/26/08 201170 As mentioned above this week was so much better with the guys and I am now feeling some excitement for some of the contestants. My top dawg is David Hernandez but do feel others are also going to give us a run for the money. I actually voted tonight for David.

My thoughts on who should go are Danny Noreiga and Michael Johns however I think Jason Yeager is most in danger this week.

Tomorrow night is the girls so I will be back then to give my views although they have some stiff competition now from the guys. What do you think? I now bid you all The Guys - 2/26/08 296366
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 am

Great as usual...

Love how you grade them.. Now for my opinion, but will say it's pretty close to yours..

Micheal J, did not do a great job very well at all, Thought he was way off on the tune but he's so popular that it isn't going to matter. much..

Jason C again is very good but not my favorite, I thought he did a nice job last night and I agee with your grade.

Luke, Lets see, I thought he did a good job but there is no persoanlity to go with it, Nice looking guy and he looks like someone in a movie or on TV very noticeable I though look wise, I like him ok but he won't be there to long in my opinion..

Robbie C, Ok what can I say, To me I think he is trying to hard to be like Chris D. He is the one that has the chain hanging from his pocket isn't he? I know he is popular but just not my cup a tea.

Danny, I feel sorry for this guy, He's young and I think because of his sexual back ground, he's got to do double time to make anyone like him, and I also think that's where the mouth and the attitude come from, (side note) On the AI boards most are not happy that he's gay, I finally posted and said that it's none of our business what he does in his personal life and this should not matter one bit, we are to judge his voice not his private life. I got out of there pretty quick after that haha.. I thought he did pretty good last night and For me I'll up his grade to an B. He does have the most beautiful eyes..

David N. Ok this guy is my favorite, I loved his performance last night thought he nailed it big time, every note and word perfect and was thrilled when the judges told him he was the best so far. I think he has to keep working on being that good or he'll go as he doesn't have as big a fan base as some of the others, BUT this one did drive me to the phones to vote.. Loved it..

Jason Y. Not a favorite of mine but I thought he did ok last night but I don't think it was good enough, I'm afraid he'll be one of the two that go home.

Chikezi- He's good, has a good enough voice but there is something about him that I don't care for, I think he is another one that is kind of a back talker and he lets his feeling be known, which isn't all bad but just not everytime you feel it, I think he is also in danger of going on Thursday.

David C. Yep he's the rocker of the show in my opinion as well,. I do not think he's as good as some think he is. I know he is trying to come across as a hard core rocker but not sure if he's just there yet.

David A- This kid is good, I'll give him that, He can sing and he knows it, Many many on the AI board have already crowned him the winner of this season, My problem with him is that he is almost to humble, like it's a act or something, I do think his previouse experience has helped him a lot, Like I said he's very good but I perfer David H over him.. Again my opinion but as a singer he's good but I'm just not sure if he can keep it up the next 2 months. I will say one thing for him,, He's what American Idol is looking for, he walks the walk and talks the talk of a winner and would fit right into the American Idol profile. He's what they are looking for and I'm sure that'll carry him a ways as well..

My favorite performer last night was of course David H. He in some strange way reminds me of Taylor, sorta the underdog, the one most unlikely to win, all around good kid and he's a bit difference with his apperance, nothing fancy just down to earth..

I can't wait to see what the girls come up with tonight..

Good recap CC...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am

Sounds as if things are starting to heat up. Good. With the snowstorm I'm in currently, we need that.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 pm

The night was all about the Davids. I absolutely loved David Hernandez singing Papa Was A Rolling Stone. Wow, great performance. David Cook certainly rocked the night with his performance and David charmed me the his John Lennon. Amasing stuff guys. I was disappointed with Jason Castro and Luke Menard. Chikizie did a very good job with his song too. I agree with you concetcris, David A is very good but I really like David H over him. I was clapping and cheering after David H's song. Wooo Hooo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:26 pm

oh yeah David H is the one for me as well, He's not Taylor mind you but I do really like him.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Ditto there. He isn't Taylor but I haven't been this excited about a contestant is a while. I'll just add him to my list of favorites. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

The Guys - 2/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 2/26/08   The Guys - 2/26/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guys - 2/26/08
Page 1 of 1