Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Guys - 3/10/10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Guys - 3/10/10 Empty
PostSubject: The Guys - 3/10/10   The Guys - 3/10/10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:53 am

:welcome1: Hello to all. Definitely a fast hour tonight with our guys performing. Ryan Seacrest tells us the guys are ready to deliver after he names each of our contestants. I was not totally blown away by anyone tonight but do feel some of them did step up their game.

After Ryan welcomes us to the show, we get a quick introduction to our judges. This time some banter between Kara and Simon on how close they have become this season. What rubbish I say so let's move on with the show.

:sing: The Performances:

lol! Lee DeWyze stars us off with I think the wrong song choice as I look at him more in the rocker vein. Tonight with his guitar he is singing "Fireflies" by Owl City. He sang it okay but I thought I heard an off-note here and there. Randy picks up on this also but felt Lee made it work in spite of the strange song choice. Ellen agrees with Randy. Kara thinks it was solid and that he seemed more confident and was having fun. Simon told it like it was that Lee was better than that song. My grade: B

wiggle Our mullet-head guy Alex Lambert is performing "Trouble" by Ray Lamontage. I sort of think he sounded a little like Ray as he sang. But he pales in comparision to the awesome job Taylor did with this song on his season. It was okay but it certainly did not wow me. Randy felt the same way as I did but thought it was a good song choice. Ellen thinks he is getting consistently better (more like a mushy banana). Kara thinks he has so much to give but seems so stiff all the time. Simon agrees and says he needs to relax by picturing Randy in a bikini. Ha Ha. My grade: B-

clap Tim Urban totally surprises me by going acoustic with his guitar and doing a pretty good job with the Jeff Buckley version of the song "Hallelujah". In spite of some pitch notes this was indeed his best performance so far. I actually liked it. Randy thought he did a pretty good job. Ellen realizes she has been hard on him so goes on the stage to give Tim a hug as she calls his performance fantastic. Kara thought it was an honest interpretation. Simon takes credit for Tim choosing the right song and giving his strongest performance to date. The conceit of Simon cracks me up sometimes. My grade: B+

The Guys - 3/10/10 88275 What on earth is going on with Andrew Garcia picking so many girl songs to sing I wonder? Tonight he chooses the Christina Aguilera song "Genie In A Bottle". I was disappointed with this choice but Andrew does do a decent job with the song while playing his guitar. He sort of made it his own but I am thinking he might be in jeopardy with this song choice. Randy likes his cardigan but the song just did not work for him. Ellen on the other hand liked it but thought he could have delivered more. Kara thinks he peaked to early and felt this performance wasn't great. Simon sort of agrees with Kara and thinks Andrew seems desperate. My grade: B

The Guys - 3/10/10 322546 Casey James seems so comfortable sitting on a stool playing a guitar as he performs Keith Urban's "You'll Think of Me". I do love the tone of his voice. This was good but not great to my way of thinking. Randy feels it was a safe choice and wants more edge. Ellen mentions how comfortable he is and calls it great. Kara is sort of back on the Casey train but is missing the extra spark from him. Simon thought he sounded great and sincere. My grade: B+

The Guys - 3/10/10 79527 I can honestly see Aaron Kelly as the next Billy Gilman as he goes country tonight with the song "I'm Already There" by Lonestar. In the beginning his lower register was rough but when he hit the chorus he truly shined I think. Randy also mentions the lower register problem but did think it was good. Ellen felt the song was too big for him and not terrific. Kara says the song was not revelant to his life as he is only 16 years old. Simon interrupts Kara and calls her comment utter rubbish. He adds that it is a beautiful song and Aaron showed emotion singing it. My grade: B+

The Guys - 3/10/10 945178 Todrick Hall is going with the Queen song "Somebody To Love". This time around he does show some range and overall the singing was okay however like Simon I also got the Broadway vibe. Randy thinks Todrick is back and calls it a good vocal. Ellen got a gospel vibe in parts and calls it a good job. Kara calls it good singing but overly dramatic. Simon calls it good in parts and as mentioned thinks Todrick is a Broadway singer and not a recording artist but appreciates his attempt. Hey Simon, did you ever hear that soundtracks are recorded? My grade: B

The Guys - 3/10/10 839840 Mike Lynche is in the pimp spot tonight as he does the best of the night by performing Maxwell's "This Woman's Work". His first high note was great in spite of the fact I am not crazy about this song. He has great stage presence I think and in spite of a couple of bum notes he was indeed in the zone to make it to the top 12. Randy calls it dope and hot. Ellen feels it was beautiful. Kara pulls a Paula Abdul by crying and finds it amazing. (side note: Kara is really trying to act like Paula most of the time I think). Simon feels that up to now most of the performances have been boring and Mike was so needed. He also adds he will 100% be in the top 12. My grade: A

The Guys - 3/10/10 201170 Okay our guys have done their job and frankly I am not really sure who will be eliminated but my gut feeling is that Alex Lambert, Todrick Hall and sorry to have to say this but Andrew Garcia may be leaving the competition. Tomorrow we find out and naturally I will be back with the scoop.

Getting late so need to end this by wishing you all a great day until next time.

big hug

Toodles!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Guys - 3/10/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 3/10/10   The Guys - 3/10/10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm trying to picture Randy in a bikini. Ah...yeah....it ain't workin'. LOL

I agree CC, none of the performances blew me away but there were a few very solid ones. Here is my take on each of the guys.

The Guys - 3/10/10 406210 Lee Dewyze - It may be true this wasn't a good song choice but...IDK...this guy gets my votes every week. I'm liking him more every time I see him. Totally agree with the comment that he is more of a rocker type guy but I'm loving him all the same.

Alex Lambert - It's true! This performance sure pales in comparsion to Taylor but I give him lots of applause of the effort. I feel if he were to get over those nerves he could very well be a strong contender in the top 12.

Tim Urban - I'm having a hard time liking this guy. He's cute and all but I can't seem to enjoy any of his performances. I will agree with one point. Last night was his best so far.

The Guys - 3/10/10 88275 Andrew Garcia - I'm so disappointed with Andrew. I felt he did a decent job singing Genie In A Bottle but still....I wasn't all that impressed with it. If he manages to squeak through the results tonight he has to step up his game. No more girl songs...PLEASE!

Casey James - I can't comment on Casey because I missed his song. But from the little snippet shown at the end of the show (while showing the numbers to call) I can honestly say....Maybe I didn't miss much anyway.

The Guys - 3/10/10 839840 Aaron Kelly - This guy is the underdog IMO. True, raw talent in the making. If he gets into the top 12 he will be getting alot of my votes.

Todrick Hall - I actually liked Todrick this week. I loved the range he showed in his performance. And I have to agree with Randy, I think he would do very well on the Broadway stage. (same thoughts I had about Adam Lambert last season)
(Yeah Simon...like....duh!!)....LOL

The Guys - 3/10/10 664500 Michael Lynche - OK, I lied. Michael blew me away this week. IMO, Big Mike is the guy to beat. I enjoyed the song, the emotion he put into it and the sound of his voice. It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

I have to agree with you choices to go home CC. It breaks my heart to add Andrew to the list but he isn't doing anything to wow us since his audition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

The Guys - 3/10/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 3/10/10   The Guys - 3/10/10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:04 pm

best of the night - Todrick and Alex
follow very closely by - Mike, Tim, Casey
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Sponsored content

The Guys - 3/10/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guys - 3/10/10   The Guys - 3/10/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guys - 3/10/10
Page 1 of 1