Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Empty
PostSubject: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 201170 Well, tonight we are going to find out our top 12 which is a wonderful accomplishment but in reality the only thing that really matters is making the top 10 as they will be able to go on tour. For those who failed to make it, they have had tons of exposure and I am hoping that they continue to fulfill their dreams. Now for the show:

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 232505 Ryan looks so handsome tonight dressed totally in black. He mentions that a new set has been built, next week is The Beatles night and shows us the 12 empty chairs. Then he welcomes us to American Idol. Our first scene after the usual musical part of the intro is seeing all the contestants nervously waiting for the results. Then very quickly he introduces Blake Lewis. Blake is looking good and does a great job singing one of the songs off of his cd called "How Many Words". I actually bought this cd and really like it so it was nice to once again see Blake on stage. His advice to the contestants is be true to yourself and listen to the "good" advice from the judges.

🎶 Now we start building the top 12 beginning with the guys. Ryan lets us know that over 36 million votes were cast. We get to see highlights of the guys night of performances. He then calls out David Cook, David Archuleta and Jason Castro singlely and re-caps what the judges thought. Each is safely on their way to the top 12. One side note is that Ryan tells David Cook that he spoke with Lionel Ritchie and he loved David's rendition of "Hello". Nice touch I thought.

😢 The girls are next. After the highlights, we get to see that Brooke White is part of the top 12 (oh yuck). Then he calls Syesha Mercado and asks the judges does she deserve a spot, they all say yes and of course she also is part of the top 12. Next up is Kady Molloy but no build up as she is the first to be eliminated. She handles it quite well even when they show her journey at American Idol. Asiah is crying, Paula gives her a nice speech and then in one of the most ugly dresses I have ever seen she sings her song from the night before. I thought it sounded worse tonight.

At this point Ryan mentions that the viewers will get the opportunity to talk live during the show. My thoughts: Big Deal, who cares!

cheers Again back to the guys and for the first time tonight I am so thrilled as my favorite David Hernandez has made the top 12. Along with him, Michael Johns is also in the group but on this I could care less. Sadly our handsome Luke Menard is going home. He takes it well and watches his journey. Paula tells him this is the first day of good things to come into his life. He then sings one last time and sounds better on this night.

clap I have to applaud Paula here as she is so sweet. She gave each person leaving a nice send-off with encouraging words. She also gave each a standing ovation. Gotta love that woman. One other thing I might mention is that her song "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" is the number #1 downloaded song. Congrats Paula!

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 57823 Now comes the moment that I hated the most. Our girls that get the golden chairs our Ramiele Malubay, Carly Smithson and Amanda Overmeyer after a lot of hype from Ryan with the re-caps. He then calls Asiah Epperson and Kristy Lee Cook to centerstage and then they have a commercial.

When they return with shocked disbelief we find out that Asiah is going home. I am so stunned and could tell you what I said but it would not be proper so Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 17486 I am. However the nice way of putting it is I guess those idiot guys who are voting are thinking with their little heads and really dig a girl who acted like a dog for a year, stands like she is riding a horse and can not even sing that good. To think they kept this crap over the talented Asiah is beyond me.

Both Randy and Simon thought Asiah should stay and you can tell that this news has greatly upset Asiah. He offers her the choice to sing or not. She does sing but without the joy she did last night. My heart goes out to her and I am hoping she will do an independent cd as I know for sure I will buy it. Then Ryan does something unusual that he did not do for the other eliminated contestants. He tells her she received a lot of votes and gives her the opportunity to thank her fans. This does put the smile back on her lovely face. Bravo Asiah for a job well done!

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 930608 Our last two guys are nervously waiting. Danny Noreiga looks scared to death. He also mentions to Ryan that he hates to see anyone go home. Chikezie Eze looks tense. Ryan gives the quick re-caps and smart-ass Danny has to do his stupid hand gesture to Simon comments once again. But hip-hip-hooray Danny is gone! Chikezie looks absolutely stunned and gives Danny a long hug. Ramiele is crying uncontrollably but I personally was thrilled that this irritating kid was gone. "Ish" to you Danny! He sings one last time before they show the top 12.

:tsk: So our top 12 are now in place and from here on end only one person will be eliminated each week. I am hoping big time it is the forgettable Kristy Lee Cook.

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 322546 On a happier note, I am so excited my David Hernandez made it through and do know all of my votes will be cast for him. In closing I welcome your take on tonight's show.

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 396979
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:50 am

I guess they're looking pretty tip top there, and you say Asia'h is gone, hm? Wow. I caught the girls the other day - I thought she wasn't too bad. Shows that I am not sure of what passes for talent these days, I guess, huh? I have to say, I am glad Kady's gone. No offense to those who liked her, but her voice made my flesh crawl.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:49 am

I still can't believe Danny is gone.   He was seriously my favorite out of the top 24.  Actually my first four favorites didn't even make it that far.

I feel so bad for him.   Danny deserved so much better then that.  

I hope Brook White is the next American Idol then.   She is my 6th choice.   Everyone one else well they are talented and good singers - however i think Brooke is the best one in there right now.   I would love to see her in the finale and out of all of them i think she the one the deserves it the most.    Again just stopping in to give my two cents worth.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 pm

We're grateful for your insight, darlin'.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks CC, great review.

Now my take, I was so nervous for the results show to start,I was so afraid that David H would go home so afraid. I do not remember ever being like that during season 5, I guess I knew Taylor was the best and with his fan base as large as it was he was pretty much safe. I know there were a lot of people that were super glad that David Cook made it and of course David A was a for sure, And I pretty much expected Carly and Brooke were a given to make it through the same with pretty much all the girls, I did expect Kady to go and also Kristi Lee, I was so so so so HAPPY that David H made and thought ok Now I can relax, Ha joke on me, NO WAY did I see Asia'h going home NO WAY.. I still can not believe it, I know everyone had their own favorite but for me she was truly the best girl they had, her voice is great and she put so much life into what ever she did, she sings with such convicition and feeling, She will so missed. I honestly think Randy and Simon were shocked and disapointed that Asia'h went instead of Kristi Lee. Sorry to any Kristi fans.. But to me the girl is only average at best. As far as Asia'h I'm sure we have not heard the last of her, she's to good to just disapear.

I was also surprised that Danny went home, But there were a few on the AI board that are glad he's gone, I can't say that. I think he made the show interesting and he does have a good voice. I think that America got it wrong twice last night with Danny and Asia'h going home, both so deserved to be in the 12..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 527840 for your imput everyone. I know each has their favorites. Thankfully my David Hernandez is still on the show but I once again have to say I will miss Asiah being there.

As for Danny Noriega, I think his big problem was that he smarted off to much to Simon and the viewing public did not like that. On some of the other sites I go to most are glad he is gone. Also he was up against some stiff competition so I thought he would not last long anyway.

David Archuleta I think is going to win it all mainly because he has a huge fan base. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

Anyway, we do have weeks to find out so thanks again for posting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08   Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 12 Are Chosen - 3/6/08
Page 1 of 1