Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 Empty
PostSubject: 32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11   32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:01 am

:welcome1: Hi all. Tonight's show bordered on being so quick in different segments that it was almost hard for me to keep up. We saw repeat scenes and unreal as it sounds five more teams performed. Two of the teams were only shown briefly while the remaining three were shown for a longer period of time. Rather than go through the final five groups and how they did in front of the judges I am going to skip that re-cap.

After all the groups had performed the acts were once again divided into three groups. 64 remained of the original 100 that performed in the team efforts. The remaining 64 once again performed solo not only in front of the judges but also an audience of 3000. Again I am not going to re-cap how many of these acts did as we did not get to see all 64 remaining acts perform.

I am going to cut to the chase and name the people who have made it into the main four groups and give my thoughts on each. Thanks for understanding.

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 585964 to all who will be going to the judges homes.

Boys:

Brennin Hunt - I like this guy and really thought his chance was over when Simon stopped his performance in front of the audience.

Brian Bradley - I was not happy that this 14 year old brat made the grade because as a rapper and personality he turns me off.

Skyelor Anderson - I was surprised this guy made it through as when he was in the team mode he sang so off-key.

Nick Voss - I liked him in the audition however he failed to impress me in the other rounds of boot camp.

Tim Cifers - This guy's voice sounds really good for country music and he was impressive in the team effort I think.

Phillip Lomax - Nice smooth voice but I honestly do not see star quality here.

Marcus Canty - He has the right voice for R&B music but he too failed to impress me in the team effort.

Chris Rene - Not the best singer for sure but with the right coaching could get some place in the music world. I personally liked the song he wrote for his audition.

Side note: L. A. Reid was picked to mentor this group.

Girls:

Caitlin Koch - She has a beautiful voice but I do not think she is a stand-out only because there are so many others who are big artists that have her quality.

Tora Woloshin - So far I have not been overly impress with anything we have seen of her.

Simone Battle - I was shocked she made it through as she totally forgot the lyrics to Elton John's song in front of the audience.

Drew R. - Sorry this girl's last name is so long and I have yet to get the full name. I find her to be just okay overall.

Rachel Crow - This 13 year old is a star for sure. I am always amazed at her vocal range and control.

Jazzlyn Little - This is another girl who forgot her lyrics during the team round but overall she can truly sing.

Melanie Amaro - I would have been shocked had this girl not made it as her audition was awesome.

Tiah Tolliver - This girl is a real turn-off for me personally.

Side note: I was sorry to see that Simon Cowell got this group to mentor as I feel he will show partially to Tiah Tolliver.

Over 30:

Elaine Gibbs - I have not been impressed with this woman mainly because she is a screamer when she sings.

Tiger Budbill - I was so happy he made it as during his solo in front of the audience he showed such range.

Leroy Bell - This guy looks amazing for being 59 years old. I liked his audition but so far I feel he has been singing too softly in the other sections of the boot camp rounds we have seen him in.

James Kenney - Not sure on this one as not much has been shown of him.

Josh Krajcik - I was thrilled he made it as his voice reminds me so much of Pearl Jam yet he can sing very sweetly as well as shown in his solo moment in front of the audience.

Christa Collins - She has failed to impress me at all.

Dexter Haygood - I was happy he got a chance to redeem himself however I feel his days are limited on the show.

Stacy Francis - She is my top female to win it all. I do however feel she needs to be coached the right way to bring out her full potential.

Side note: Nicole Scherzinger got this group and I was sort of disappointed as I would have liked to see Paula take this one.

Groups:

Stereo Hogzz - Just okay for me overall as they are not consistent with each other when they sing.

2 Squared - We have not seen much of this group so it is still up in the air for me.

4Shore - I think the lead singer is quite good but the rest of the group do nothing for me.

The Brewer Boys - Both are cute and can sing but I feel their chances may be limited overall.

Illusion Confusion - What little we saw of them sounded good but of course need more to make a good decision on their chances.

The Anser - They are sometimes good and sometimes bad. We shall see how it goes with them.

This was strange as 14 solo artists were called back and split into two groups; 4 girls and the remaining 10 as a group. No names on what they will call themselves or how they will sound together so we will have to wait until next time to see how it goes.

Side note: This was a tough one however Paula Abdul will mentor these groups.

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 833804 Next week each group of 8 acts will be going to the judges homes to be mentored and then each judge will cut their 8 acts down to 4 acts. I honestly do not like this at all. I think all 32 acts should have been given the chance to be voted on. I think the only person who will for sure make it at this point is Tiah Tolliver because as I mentioned Simon is partial to her already. So un-fair for sure.

So far my top faves are: Brennin Hunt and Tim Cifers in the boys section. Rachel Crow, Jazzlyn Little and Melanie Amaro from the girls section. From the over 30's section I like Tiger Budbill, Josh Krajcik, Leroy Bell and Stacy Francis. As for the groups section I really have no top favorites at this time but would not mind seeing The Brewer Boys progress further.

I must now say adieu and welcome any comments you may have. Until next time, take care all!

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11   32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:52 am

Although I have not watched the show consistantly I am happy to see that Rachel Crow, Leroy Bell and Dexter Heygood made it through. Looking forward to seeing how the real competition goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

32 Acts Are Chosen - 10/6/11
Page 1 of 1