Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 Empty
PostSubject: Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11   Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 am

:) Yeppers we are actually going to the live shows with 17 acts instead of just 16. I will get into that in a few minutes.

Our show starts off with host Steve Jones reminding us they came in thousands to audition. We see many repeat scenes of auditions, comments from both contestants and judges and many who were eliminated. Then came the judges home auditions with more repeat scenes of the 32 acts who actually made it to the homes. Tonight was indeed the moment of truth and frankly I was disappointed with some of the judges choices.

Before I give the names of the people who actually made the upcoming "live" show let me say that we got to see each of the 32 acts say what this competition has meant to them, repeat scenes of their performance in front of the judges and finally how they felt after the judge had informed them whether or not they had made it to the next round.

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 451785 Congrats to the lucky ones who did make it. Now lets get to the people who did.

Simon Cowell - His top four

Simone Battle - huge mistake I think here and no way does she impress me
Drew Ryniewiecz - I think this 14 year old has a somewhat unique voice and she would have been one of my picks for the girls
Tiah Tolliver - as mentioned before there was no chance that she would be eliminated since Simon likes her so much but for me "yuck!"
Rachel Crow - I also thought this cute girl had a chance and I am glad she made it

Now the real surprise: Simon eliminated Melanie Amaro and I was stunned as I think she is one of the best singers of the girls group. Luckily Simon realized his mistake and after consulting with the other judges decided to bring her back on in his group. I am thrilled to say the least.

Paula Abdul - Her top four

The Brewer Boys - they have some potential but personally I am not that impressed with them
Intensity - I thought these kids did fairly well but again not sure I would want to vote for them over some of the other acts
Lakoda Rayne - I like this girl group and think they have a shot
Stereo Hogzz - This group is good and may also have a shot

My big disappointment was that Paula let the group 4Shore go as I felt they were the best of all the groups. As of now I really do not have the urge to vote for any of Paula's team. Maybe when the live shows begin I will change my mind.

Nicole Sherzinger - Her top four

Josh Krajcik - I so love this burly man's voice and I am sure some of my votes will go for him
Dexter Haygood - I must say I was surprised by this choice however I felt so good knowing he is getting another chance
Leroy Bell - this 60-year old man does have a wonderful voice although he failed to impress me with his last audition
Stacy Francis - I am so happy she made it as for me personally she is my top choice to win it all at this point

I must say this particular category was a tough one as I pretty much liked all of the over 30's. The biggest disappointment was losing Tiger Budbill.

L. A Reid - His top four

Brian Bradley - I will never vote for this obnoxious kid
Philip Lomax - This was a surprise and frankly I do not see him going very far in the competition
Marcus Canty - I would have been surprised if he had not made it as his voice is dreamy in my opinion
Chris Rene - Another surprise in a way but I am glad he got in

I felt L.A. made the biggest mistakes of all when he let Brenin Hunt and Tim Cifers go. Each of these guys had the potential to bring in alot of votes; Brenin because of his great looks and he could sing so the girls would have loved him and Tim who was total country and you know how the country folks love their country singers.

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 201170 So now we have our top 17 and I can see I am going to be voting my fingers off for so many. Looks like the competition is not going into full force until next Tuesday, the 25th. Wonder what happened to Wednesday and Thursday of this week? I have a feeling it's those baseball games that have disrupted the programming. Anyway, I'll be back with the re-caps so until then I wish you all a great week ahead and take care all.

big hug

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11   Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I can see Simone Battle becoming the "pimped one" at least as far as Simon is concerned. I agree with you Crystal. This one was a BIG mistake. Not impressed with her at all. I do like the fact that Lakoda Rayne, Rachel Crow, Leroy Bell and Chris Rene made it. Can't wait to see how these talented people fair in the following weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top 17 Chosen - 10/18/11
Page 1 of 1