Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? TayPromopic-1

Posted today Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at it's a Soul Thing blogspot I had to snag it

So, we already know of possible collaborations with Steve Cropper of Stax Records and John Mayer, but now, according to a interview done by Modern Whomp Magazine during the Alabama Hall of Fame ceremony, Taylor informs us of other possible future collaborations. Read on...

MWM: So getting an award like this in your home state, must bring everything up til now full circle for you?

Taylor: Yea, full circle for sure, just as we walk over one now isn't that interesting. The whole deal is a little bit overwhelming. You know, you have all these musicians you've studied over the years and listened to while driving up and down highway 65 that runs north to south...and that's just amazing, I'm real honored to be here.

MWM: So you've played with Cleve Eaton at Open Door, so how was it to...Taylor: You ever heard Cleve?

MWM: Um, actually I have not had the pleasure.

Taylor: I hope Cleve's going to play, because Cleve plays a great bass..man when you play with Cleve your playin on earth and Cleve plays in mars. That is kind of how it goes when you play with Cleve.

MWM: Are there any other inductees tonight that you have been able to play with in your career so far?

Taylor: Me and Donnie Fritts have been talking on the phone for a while now, and him, myself and Billy Bob Thornton may possibly work on some music together.

MWM: So with this next album will there be a large or small variation from the last album?

Taylor: It just depends, at this point I'm deep into the whole creative aspect you know...I am doing a bare bones process right now, just the song is the main key for me right now. Also doing some performances every now and then.

MWM: So at this stage as you strip away the layers, where do you draw from? Where do you get your inspiration?

Taylor: There are many concepts I've been thinking about over the years and I pull from there, you know lines, hooks. Just because you have a thought or feeling in the past does not make it unusable artisticly in the present. That is one of the things I love about good bare bones music it stands the test of time.

Last edited by TaysLadybug on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:17 am

Sounds wonderful...but Billy Bob Thornton? Really? Ooookay.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:51 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Sounds wonderful...but Billy Bob Thornton? Really? Ooookay.....
~tyg

I talked to Connie earlier & she said Billy {LMAO}can sing So iguess we'll see. I need a nap ttys

Last edited by TaysLadybug on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:21 pm

No kidding? I knew somewhere in the back of my mind he had like a blues connection, but am not the world's biggest admirer of the man, so it was interesting to me. BTW, have we got Connie in here yet? We so need to....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Billy Bob Thornton kind of threw me off there. I don't know much about the man.

I'm sure Taylor knows what he's doing.

Thank God he doesn't ask me :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:07 am

tygrlllie wrote:
No kidding? I knew somewhere in the back of my mind he had like a blues connection, but am not the world's biggest admirer of the man, so it was interesting to me. BTW, have we got Connie in here yet? We so need to....
~tyg

I know we need her here, but i doubt that's gunna hapen till she gets back from Yuma. Shes due back April 1 But im gunna wait till probably The day b4 or day that i leave to go to KS the 4th. I want to give her time to rest up from all the excitement.
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:10 am

Angie wrote:
Billy Bob Thornton kind of threw me off there. I don't know much about the man.

I'm sure Taylor knows what he's doing.

Thank God he doesn't ask me :)

it threw me of too lol Connie says he can sing. I guess he has a website Ill ask her for the link.

I guess I could post this in Taylor's section on IU huh? lol or you can im goign to bed in a bit i need to this staying up till 4 am is dragging my azz to floor
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:52 am

🆒 posting.

Actually Billy Bob can sing as I heard him once but can not for the life remember where. He has kind of a southern rock kind of voice. Real bluesy so it is understandable that Taylor would be talking to him.

I just keep wondering when we are going to get that new cd. I am hoping that this cd sells big time and shows up Clive the creep. Another thing of course is when is that DVD coming out?

Just itching to get my hands on it! Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? 322546
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:07 am

I have to wait until late August to buy either, but I'm dying for them to hit the shelves also.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:40 am

I cant wait to get the DVD & the CD Hurry Taylor MUUUUUUUUUAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?   Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks - Possible Collaborations on New Album?
Page 1 of 1