Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results Night - 3/12/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results Night - 3/12/08 Empty
PostSubject: Results Night - 3/12/08   Results Night - 3/12/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Good Evening! Remember those memorable words that Alfred Hitchcock used to say on his television program before we saw real suspense unfold. Well tonight's show can be summed up in two words: IT SUCKED!

Results Night - 3/12/08 72213 Maybe that is not the right thing to say but never have I seen such a bad results night. This not only goes for the actual elimination but the entire show really was lousy.

Results Night - 3/12/08 930608 Ryan tells us we control the action and what have we done since over 29 million votes came in. Next is the introduction to the judges. Then we get to see Jim Carrey in the audience dressed in a very stupid looking costume. I guess he is the lead in the movie Horton Hears A Who. Corny, corny banter follows. Guess I should point out that I am not a huge Carrey fan.

:( Then we hear that they are once again going to do songs from the Lennon/McCartney songbook next week. Oh yippee I wonder which contestant is going to once again slaughter another Beatle song.

🎶 Our top 12 then do a medley of Beatle songs: All My Loving, I Feel Fine, Can't Buy Me Love and Help. They all certainly needed help as this whole production sounded lousy to my ears with the exception of just a few who did not sound too terrible.

Then a re-cap follows of the night before. Jeesh I get so tired of these constant rehashes of the performances. Then shown are the top 12 on the couches.

Carly, Michael, Jason and Syesha are asked to stand. Carly is safe, Michael is safe, Jason is safe. Syesha is the first to be in the bottom 3. Looking hurt and disappointed she joins Ryan center stage. Ryan asks the judges if she should be there and of course both Randy and Paula think not but Simon says yes.

Syesha sings but not with the same gusto as the night before.

Results Night - 3/12/08 57823 Next up a corny Ford commercial.

Back to the results. Then we get to hear what the contestants think about being on American Idol. Jeesh another re-hash with scenes from the opening of Horton Hears A Who added in.

Asked to stand Chikezie, Amanda, David Cook and Kristy. He scares Chikezie by asking him to come down next to him. Ryan feels his head to make sure he is not sweating. Chikezie is safe, Amanda is safe, David Cook is safe. Kristy right away asks for the microphone because she has a clue. Ryan of course has to do his re-hash before he tells Kristy to get the microphone. Oh goodie, we once again get to hear Kristy slaughter "8 Days A Week". Ryan asks her before she sings if she thinks she is the one going and she says she hopes not. Simon still doesn't like it.

😕 Then come the corny questions from the audience who called in. What a waste of time.

Results Night - 3/12/08 957205 Next up is Katharine McPhee singing "Something" written by George Harrison. David Foster plays the piano as she sings and we find out later they are working on a album together. Who cares, really? What struck me the most about this performance was how thin and tired Katharine looked. She kept making these weird faces and frankly sounded not very good singing this song. (I remember how wonderful Taylor sounded doing this very number).

More results with the final four standing. However another corny bit with Jim Carrey. David Archuleta, Brooke White, David Hernandez and Ramiele Malubay join Ryan center stage. David A is safe, Brooke is safe, Ramiele is safe and our final bottom 3 person is David Hernandez. He sings.

After the break Syesha is sent back to the couches, she is safe. It is between Kristy and David Hernandez. Once again the horse girl is safe and David is leaving the show. Needless to say I was ticked off. How awful does Kristy have to sound before she is booted.

Results Night - 3/12/08 201170 So there you have it. We are now down to 11. My final thoughts on the whole thing. One, I do not have to worry about seeing the tour because my favorites are gone and while I appreciate the talent of some of the performers I really do not feel the excitement of wanting to waste my money to see them. Two, guess I do not have to worry about voting anymore except maybe for Chikezie who really surprised us with a great performance. Can he do it again?

To end the show we see the journey of David and hear a not very good song sung by Ruben Studdard. As mentioned before I found this whole show boring as all get out. What do you think?

I will now sign off and wish each of you a pleasant week ahead.

;)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 3/12/08   Results Night - 3/12/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:10 am

I was also less than impressed with "8Days A week". In fact, my flesh was crawling - sorry, it was. And I didn't watch obsessively, but was with myy Idol-loving Angie eating dinner, so it was on and I just remember wondering how much a pair of ears can stand in one night.
I, too, am not particularly fond of Carrey. Haven't been since I was a kid, still am not. I guarantee though, I'll be roped into going to see Horton on account of my 6 year old. *shudders* The things we do for our kids, huh?
So, we need to hope for better from Kristy, huh? I wonder if she has the strength to pull it out.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 3/12/08   Results Night - 3/12/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

WEll CC I like your take on the results, It was a results show that I did not look forward to seeing and now wish it hadn't happened. But what can one say, I will say I was upset that David went home that I found myself honetly crying, :( :( This young man had and has so much potential and has such a wonderful singing voice, I can not believe that he got less votes than Kristi, putting all other performances aside Tuesday night alone should have saved him at least another week. I am truly crushed. I told myself that at least I won't have to vote any more because there is no one I like well enough to vote for. But then I made the mistake of going to GD on American Idol and read all the posts made by the David A fans and changed my mind, these fans were rude, crude and plain mean. SO I got mad as well and told them that I'm voting for anyone other than David A, they are so sure he's going to win and he sure doesn't deserve it as half as much as the others do, I also told his fans that they really should watch what they say because every week someone gets voted off and those voters will go to someone else and if they keep up this horrid behavor no one new will vote for David, Their joy might be short lived.
But again I truly think that us voting is useless anyway, I so believe that AI knows how they want to be standing at the Finale and that's David A and Carly, and they'll do everything they can to make sure that they are there. JMO of course but watch and see if those two don't make regardless of who has the most votes.
Ok I'm done ranting now,
Thanks for the recap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 3/12/08   Results Night - 3/12/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results Night - 3/12/08
Page 1 of 1