Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol Thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Idol Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Idol Thoughts   Idol Thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:46 am

David Cook won American Idol! My guy won! Woo-hoo!

Wait a second. Did I just say that?

I used to scoff at American Idol. I didn't much like the style of most of the singers, and I thought the bits in between the songs were often cheesy and tedious. Tuning in for the last five minutes before House was plenty; I could keep up well enough with the recaps to have a conversation about it at the water cooler.

This year, however, I did something I never thought I'd do. Not only did I watch, I voted. For the finale, which I TiVo-ed, I voted over and over (the lines were open by the time I sat down to view it, so I just hit redial as I watched). I did not want that Star Search junior winner David Archuleta to win. His "gee-whiz" persona is sweet and he has a good voice, but he sings like a robot and has an awful stage dad. I genuinely thought David Cook was the best throughout the season, and he has the better story. A bartender who came to the audition to support his brother, good looking and humble, his American Idol journey is the stuff of the American dream.

But how the heck did I get to the point of even thinking about David Cook? Perhaps the biggest reason is the writers' strike. A friend and I always watch House, and when we found our favorite show unavailable, we started watching American Idol.

I guess I wasn't alone; other adults have also been tuning in. The average age of the show's viewers this year was 42, and some pundits attribute Cook's landslide win to the age factor. Forget the screaming thirteen-year-olds who always seemed to be at David Archuleta's feet, we middle-aged viewers wanted to see a rocker win.

Now I even find the idea of going to an Idol concert appealing. When a friend got hooked in season five and rooted for eventual winner, Taylor Hicks, she went to a concert and loved it. I thought it was going a bit overboard. Could I actually go so far as to pay to participate in the franchise?

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/05/25/092519.php#comment-721024
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Idol Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Thoughts   Idol Thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:35 pm

How interesting??
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Thoughts   Idol Thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:26 pm

:thumbs: I actually thought the right person won this season however I also like young David. Wish Carly and Michael Johns had made it further than they did and of course wanted David Hernandez in the top 10. It will be interesting to see how everyone of the top 12 careers panned out in the future. I would not mind seeing the tour but money and the length of travel I would have to put into it is keeping me from seeing it. Oh well I know I will be buying many of the cds of my favorites if at all possible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idol Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Thoughts   Idol Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol Thoughts
Page 1 of 1