Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie Empty
PostSubject: Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie   Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:21 pm

American Idol star Blake Lewis is refusing to quit the music business after he was dropped by his label Arista Records - insisting it’s “no biggy”.

The season six runner-up was axed from the label’s books after disappointing sales of his debut album Audio Day Dream last year - which sold approximately 300,000 copies in the U.S.

Lewis joins a string of former contestants of the talent contest to be dropped - Idol winners Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard and fellow runner-up Katherine McPhee have all been dumped by Arista.

He writes on his MySpace blog,
“Ring, ring, ring went the phone. Iain my manager baring the news. Arista isn’t picking up the second option. Meaning, I’m not doing another record with them. I’m totally fine with this. I guess the right time was now. No biggy.”
But Lewis remains optimistic about the music corporation’s decision, because he will be kept busy with a host of other recording projects.

He adds,
“I’m still with 19 Recordings and I got a tour and new record on the way.”
Way to save your dignity man! Kudos to you!
http://www.hollywoodecstasy.com/2008/06/blake-lewis-says-being-dropped-by.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie   Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 am

Blake was a different kind of idol and I think his ways are a bit different than what most of us that watch AI are use to, I have no doubt that he'll do ok in the business, he really has to watch what he says though, he seems to get a little free with the words and in most cases it'll pass but the things he's been commenting on are not so good. I do wish him the best though.
Back to top Go down

Being Dropped By Record Label Is "No Biggie
Page 1 of 1