Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

New September Idol News - 9/22/08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Empty
PostSubject: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 pm

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 584949 Okay, I am making a concentrated effort to get the news out sooner so here is the latest from some of our idols.

👶 Sweet David Archuleta's single "Crush" is having lots of success on the Billboard charts. The single debuted at #2 on the Hot 100 chart and fans are chomping at the bit for his November 11th self-titled cd.

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 924272 Our season 7 rocker David Cook's album has a November 18th release date. The song "Time of our Life" is also enjoying huge success on the charts and I might add is one of the songs I rate on the Rose Music Survey that is sent to me weekly.

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 201170 Seems Chris Daughtry's self-titled cd got an added boost this week on sales as his enhaunced version of the cd "Daughtry" sold 13,000 units since the release last week. This also boosted him up on several charts once again. I keep asking myself why this album has been so successful but guess Chris does indeed have many fans and frankly I am pleased as punch that I am not one of them. Does that sound catty? Oh well.

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 66929 Phil Stacey of season 6 continues to show his caring side. He will be singing at an event that benefits "Delivering Dreams", an organization in Ocala that provides an escape for those suffering from Cancer, terminal illness, loss, or any other kind of tragedy. The event will take place on Saturday, October 18th at the First Baptist Church of Ocala. For further info check out their webside: Ocala.com. Way to go Phil!

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 195404 Matt Rogers of season 3 celebrated his 30th birthday on September 16th. Matt was eliminated in 12th place on his season after having performed "Amazed" on country week. Matt has said he wished he had put more into his performance so he could have least made the tour. However since his idol days, this once offensive lineman for the University of Washington Huskies college has seen quite a bit of success as a correspondent. Shows he has appeared on include "American Idol Extra", "Access Hollywood", "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Best Damn Sports Show Period". He was also the host in David Archuleta's hometown on season 7's finale. Currently he hosts the show "Really Big Things" on the Discovery Channel as well as being the football coach for Mission Viejo High School in Mission Viejo, California. On a personal note, I was always sorry that Matt never released an album as he was one of my favorites that season however he is on the compliation cd that AI released. Belated birthday wishes Matt, hope it was grand!

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 195404 Season 4's Constantine Maroulis turned 33 on September 17th. Who could ever forget this "smoldering idol"'s rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" on that year. Since idol, Constantine has enjoyed much success in different areas of entertainment. He has done quite a bit of theatre work on Broadway and off-Broadway. Most recently he landed the lead role in "Rock of Ages" which is set to preview on September 30th. However the actual production will start playing on October 16th at the off-Broadway New World Stages. This play is set in the 80's so will feature lots of music from that era. He landed a part in the soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful" for a 13 week run. In addition, he joined the cast at Fox Reality Channel "American Idol Extra" last season with co-host Gina Glocksen of season 6. Constantine's true love is music and his debut album under his own label came out in August 2007. This brought about a very successful solo tour to sold out venues in Boston, Philadelphia, Annapolis and New York. Hope your day was great Constantine, belated Happy Birthday!

🎶 One last note, Brandon Rogers of season 6 has a new video called "Broken" which you can see on the American Idol website. Hope he has much success as this R&B singer can really sing.

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 322546 Okay gang, that's the news for now. Have a great week ahead!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Thanks a bunch CC, it's great to be in the "know" ha ha
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 pm

when i hear that daughtry was coming out with a cd that had four bonus songs and a dvd - i thought will gee that sounds like there walmart cd with a dvd added.
and sure enough it is a wal-mart exclusive - their walmart cd with a dvd added. gosh i'm smart.
They're talented and Chris is a good singer, however i don't get why they are so popular. Sometimes i really wish i did get daughtry cause from time to time i feel like i am missing out on something that everyone else gets and is in on. But to be honest there is nothing about them that appeals to me atleast not enough to support them with my hard earn money or even money just given to me, or that i may find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 am

mae, I know how you feel about Chris, I am the same way, I'm not into the Rock part of his music but he does have some very decent nonrock songs that I think are very good, But I also hear he's got some legal problems with one of the songs and in threat of being sued, For me it's just a rumor and I don't place a lot of stock in rumors, I thought about bringing the article over here but again I'd hate to spread something that wasn't true, But regardless, Chris is doing great and I do congratulate him on that, He knows what he wants and he's working to get it.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 am

New September Idol News - 9/22/08 833804 I really like rock music however I was greatly disappointed with Chris's music which is why I did not buy it. Another factor was the many things I have read or heard about how Chris acts to his fans. He can be a real butt at times. I would say they are rumors however I have a friend who likes him and went to one of his concerts. By chance she and a couple of other friends happen to be in the same restaurant as him later and they asked for an autograph and he was quite rude to them. They are not that big of fans anymore.

A real New September Idol News - 9/22/08 772116 to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Like Elvis once said, ' The day they stop asking for your autograph is the day you have to start worrying.'
Maybe Chris is too green at his fame to figure that out yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:42 pm

mae wrote:
Like Elvis once said, ' The day they stop asking for your autograph is the day you have to start worrying.'
Maybe Chris is too green at his fame to figure that out yet.

I certainly agree with this comment. He just doesn't appeal to me the way he did during Idol.

Congrads to David A and David C. I'm looking forward to those cds and wait in line eagerly to get one. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:29 pm

If you forget where you came from, how do you know you've got to where you are going?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Now that's a excellent question!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New September Idol News - 9/22/08   New September Idol News - 9/22/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New September Idol News - 9/22/08
Page 1 of 1