Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Praying for a friend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Praying for a friend Empty
PostSubject: Praying for a friend   Praying for a friend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:54 pm

I have an online friend Pat.. she is the owner of Taylorsway Yahoo group. We go back since 06 when Tayland first began. Her and her sister Kathleen have always been wonderful to Deb and I.
Lasy year Deb and two of her sons, Dustin and Brandon. Were on there way back from WA state (a 3000 mile ride). Deb was almost home when the radiator blew in our van. It was very cold and Deb could not afford a hotel room. It was on the weekend and all service and parts stores were closed. Debbie had done what any mother would do and kept her kids warm while shivering herself. I was still at home, you can only imagine how upset I was.
Anyway, I called Pat in hopes she had a credit card and would be nice enough to get Deb a hotel room until we could get the van fixed. What a gem she is.. she never blinked or batted an eye lash.. she got the name of the hotel Deb was near and bought my family 2 nights in a hotel. I was able to pay back half of what I owed and it wasnt until now that I finally paid her in full. Thw whole time Pat and her sister Kathleen were broker then broke trying to survive. Every time I called them I felt bad I couldnt finish paying them off... there responce.. whats money among friends.. I tell ya there a gem to have as friends...
ANYWAY..
I got word that Kathleen is very ill... I didnt know how ill until I got this email today from Pat....
They are still debating a doing a trach. I can't be worse: the 02 contraption is torture: it is so huge, complex and tight all over and around her face and head... it looks like something Hannibal Lector wore...All the skin is broken every place it touches her face; but they swear it has to be tight to work. I want to put ointment on it and hold her and let her cry...not yet... Her primary doc is Stephen Ward. He's smart, open, interactive and not arrogant. He spent about forty minutes with me discussing options & treatment plans. The consult team was putting in a call to move her to Medical ICU when I arrived, and she now has four docs, including the Chief of Pulmonologist residents...who was glad to get a full medical history and who asked the right questions. Stephen said, 'your sister is very sick with pneumonia which has now moved into both lungs; as well as a long term, low grade strep (not staph) infection that predisposed her to getting so sick, so fast. People think of pneumonia like it's a common cold but it really can be very serious; even today, with all we have to work with, people still die from it. I just want you to know that." I was there for about five hours today; she's very lethargic & unresponsive... it's so scary--I need you each to pray as if Kath were one of those you most love in the world--because that is who she is to me...
Love Pat

PLEASE pray for both there sweet hearts... Pray Kath gets better soon and Pat is able to keep strong until she does....
Thank you all
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Praying for a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praying for a friend   Praying for a friend Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 am

Of course we're praying for them, Jodie. They have such dear, sweet hearts.
~tyg
Back to top Go down

Praying for a friend
Page 1 of 1