Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 Empty
PostSubject: Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10   Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:59 pm

:welcome1: Hi all. We have a huge night of performances, clips and of course our results as this is "Idol Gives Back". My plan for this lengthy re-cap is to divide things into sections rather than follow the format that I normally do. Thanks for bearing with me on this.

Before I get to my sections, lets talk about our introduction to the show tonight which starts off with President Obama and 1st Lady Michelle. They thank the public for contributing and also this show for having this charitable event. Last time American Idol raised 140 million for different charites. I thought it was cute how President Obama called everyone his "dawgs" like Randy does. Michelle ends her moment with telling Simon to be nice.

Ryan asks for our help as together we can save lives. He then introduces our judges. We also hear of several big name corporations who are involved in this cause which include ExxonMobil, Coca Cola and New Corp among others.

After Ryan tells us he is in Hollywood and Queen Latifah is hosting at the Pasadena Civic Center, we get a quick run-down of the guests for tonight's show which I will cover in one of my sections.

Our top 12 then take the stage with each dressed in white to sing the song "Keeping The Dream Alive" (at least I think that is the name of it). They sound good. Okay now I will begin my sections:

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 66929 Clips of people in need of our help.

Jennifer Garner covers the poor area of Breathitt County in West Virginia. It seems that the kids who live in this area do not have funds for books and educational needs to help them grow up literate. We see a visit to a two room trailer which houses a family of 6. They usually do not have the money to keep this trailer warm and have to rely on the stove. Each of the kids have been helped by "Save The Children" with school supplies, food and health. I frankly thought while this is indeed a noble cause why not donate to this family some heat to keep them warm.

Victoria Beckham and her son participated by going to Kentucky with the "Save The Children" foundation. Six thousand new books were given out plus food and nuitional items. Brianna and Roy are two kids who have benefited from the "Save The Children" program.

Captain Sully Sullenberger asks us to donate.

We see in Africa how so many die from Malaria. Every 30 seconds a child dies from this dreaded disease. Also shown is a young mother with child who was unable to be saved in time. They died on November 26th, 2009. It was sad to watch the father have to bury them. One good thing though is due to idol's help the number of deaths have been cut in half due to the life-saving nets that have been provided.

Some celebrities lead into the story of what a mother does for you. We see how a mother's death has left her child without these comforts.

The United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon asks for our help.

Morgan Freeman and Randy Jackson travel to Mississippi where the "Save The Children" foundation is helping another poor area.

Ellen DeGeneras and David Arquette show us clips of "Feeding America". It seems thirty-seven million Americans rely on the food banks to survive in today's economy.

Elliott Yamin and Sister Dominga are shown as we again see the help needed for Malaria No More in Africa.

Ryan chats with Bill and Melinda Gates about their charity called One Campaign.

David Cook tells us of the plight of young girls in Ethiopia and the school that helps these girls. Imagine some of these girls are forced into marriage at age 5. Horrible.

Annie Lennox tells us of a 7 year old girl who is sick with Aids. She looks so bad but later we see that she is recovering which is a delight.

Simon visits Douglas, Arizona another poor area who can not afford health care. Dr. John is shown with his mobile unit which aids about 5000 children. Thank goodness for the Children's Health Fund.

Ben Affleck asks that we donate.

Our final plea comes from Sir Elton John who helps with Aids victims.

clap Entertainment

I thought all the entertainers were quite good, they were:

The Black-Eyed Peas doing their song "Rock That Body". What was up with that strange outfit Fergie was wearing? However I would love to have her figure.

Jeff Beck and Joss Stone doing the song "I Put A Spell On You". Joss Stone is such a good singer and of course Jeff can certainly play that guitar.

Alicia Keys sings two songs "Unthinkable" and "Empire State of Mind". Jay-Z should have been there for that second song I think.

Carrie Underwood looking quite lovely sings "Change". I honestly did not hear her sing as I was donating at that time. However I did hear that on her tour 36 cents of every ticket sold will be donated to this charitable event.

David Cook did sing while in Ethiopia for the kids. He is such an awesome singer in my book.

I loved the Annie Lennox performance of "My Universal Child". She still sounds awesome.

Fantastic moments with the All-Star band backing Mary J. Bligh as she performs "Stairway To Heaven". I have seen her in concert and she never fails to entertain me. Great job all!

Great seeing Sir Elton John performing "Your Song". Great singer, great song and a great performance.

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 675627 Comedy:

I thought the phone bank segment with Jonah Hill and Russell Brand was complete nonsense. However it was great seeing Slash and Jim Carrey.

George Lopez commenting on the judges was kind of funny.

The highlight of the comedy for me was the bit with Wanda Sykes. She was so funny regarding the eliminated idol's moments.

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 930608 Results:

Before we get to the results I forgot to mention the Ford video this week which were scenes of various accidents not related to car accidents to the song "We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands". I failed to see why this related to Ford other than them driving away in cars at the end. Okay, here we go:

Crystal Bowersox and Casey James are pulled up first. We hear re-caps before it is known that Crystal is safe and Casey is the first in the bottom 3.

Aaron Kelly and Lee DeWyze are next. More re-caps. Aaron is second to the bottom 3 with Lee safe.

Siobhan Magnus, Mike Lynche and Tim Urban are pulled up together. Siobhan is the first back to safety. Mike is next which leaves Tim as the final person in the bottom 3.

Aaron is the first to be safe of the bottom 3. Casey is safe which means that Tim Urban is being eliminated. I actually got the bottom 3 right but thought Aaron might be going instead of Tim however I am glad to know Aaron is safe for another week. Looks like Casey better spruce up his performances or he just might be a goner next week.

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 833804 Final thoughts

Sorry if I missed any of the segments of the show tonight but this was alot to follow and write down although I did tape it but did not have time to view the tape today. Next week our guest mentor is Shania Twain and our contestants will be performing her music. Our show ended tonight with Tim's final journey.

I must now say adieu and welcome any of your thoughts. Toodles until next time!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10   Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:16 pm

IDK, it sounds like you got all the segments in from what I can remember. Not that it says much. LOL

I enjoyed all the entertainment from Idol Gives Back performers. I was alittle confused too by Fergie's outfit. More the boots than anything else. It was so wonderful seeing Sir Elton John singing. He will be in Phoenix July 21st, my daughter Jennifer's birthday. So she is definately going. Lucky her.

I was so shocked to see Casey in the bottom three this week. Glad he was safe for the next week though. Humble apologies to Tim Urban fans but I cheered when Tim ended up being the one sent home.

Loved the entire night (with the exception of the comedy) Didn't get it at all. Oh well. Thanks for the re-caps CC. As always....a great read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Idol Gives Back - 4/21/10
Page 1 of 1