Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

FINALE - 5/26/10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:43 pm

FINALE - 5/26/10 412302 I know I am terribly late with my re-cap but another busy day today so apologize for the delay. No fooling around so let's get to the finale.

Our show starts off with clips of Chicago. Ryan's voice is heard over the clips as he says we started in Chicago, 12,000 showed up, 13 made it to Hollywood which included a local paint salesman and a single mom, etc. etc. etc. He then adds what started in Chicago ends tonight as we see more clips of prior performances of this season. On this critical night what have our votes decided; Will it be Crystal or Lee? This is American Idol!

As the scene unfolds in the Nokia Theatre we see several past idols in the audience. OMG, Taylor looks great!!! Ryan also looks good as he welcomes us to the show and let's us know than less than 2% of our votes separated our two contestants. A big hello to the judges especially Simon Cowell as this is his last night on this show. Now for our top two; Lee is happy and amazed to be here. Crystal is in the clouds. Next are clips of their hometowns; Toledo, Ohio for Crystal and Mt. Prospect, Illinois for Lee. Wow, the crowds are huge!

:( Before I begin with this packed show of acts and tributes I have to make a few comments in regards to how sad I felt seeing so many of my favorite artists of years past who seem to have lost their luster. Getting old is no picnic and I think deep down we the average people always think our favorites will always be what they once were, dynamic to say the least. It was also sort of sad knowing this is Simon's last season on the show. Sure he has not always been nice but let's face it he has been a real force on this show. Now that I have said my peace I will be putting all the acts in one section, the tributes in another and of course the final moments of our top two in another. Here goes:

FINALE - 5/26/10 201170 The Performances:

First up is our top 12 who are dressed in what appears to be school uniforms. They are singing "School's Out For Summer". Great guitar playing by Orianthi while our top 12 do sound good. Out comes the originator of this song: Alice Cooper! He does not look so bad in spite of his age but sadly seems to have lost some of his vocal prowness. Thankfully our top 12 were there to make this song blend better.

Last year's winner Kris Allen performs his latest release called "The Truth". I like this song better than his first release however I must add I was once again distracted by his weird mouth movements. Sorry Kris fans but this does bug me.

Siobhan Magnus and Aaron Kelly are singing a duet to the song "How Deep Is Your Love". They sound good together I think. As the song progresses we get to see the last two remaining Gibb brothers (Barry and Robin). I was shocked at how frail Robin looked. Barry looked robust however sadly again both of these past "idols" are losing their voices. It was good to see them however.

Mike Lynche starts out singing another favorite song of mine "Takin It to The Streets". He is joined on stage by Michael MacDonald. I always had a big crush on Michael but seeing him tonight now makes me yearn for the early days when both of us were young.

Lacey Brown is next singing somewhat off-key the song "Beautiful" made famous by Christina Aguilera. Didi Benami sounds no better but luckily are joined by Katie Stevens, Paige Miles, Siobhan Magnus and Crystal Bowersox who sound great in their moments with this song. Next they sing "Fighter" (another favorite of mine) which introduces Christina Aguilera to the stage. I liked the production of this number. Christina takes centerstage to sing "You Lost Me". She looks beautiful and I have always liked her as an artist (she is great live in concert) however either the acoustics were off or something as I could barely understand a word she was singing. That aside her new album "Biotic" is set for release June 8th.

The male side of the contestants take the stage to perform the song "I Can't Go For That" which leads into "Maneater" as Hall and Oates are introduced. Hall does not sound too bad however he seemed to be straining to get the lyrics out. They finish the set with the song "My Dreams Come True". It seems un-real that I just saw Hall and Oates a few years ago and they were so awesome then now once again I am saddened as I watch them tonight. By the way, it would be great if next season they had a Hall and Oates theme as they guys have so many hits.

Next is another artist I have seen "live" who still sounds good. Alanis Morrisette joins Crystal Bowersox to sing first the song "Ironic" then "You Oughta Know". Of course on the second song they had to change some of the wording but I did enjoy this performance.

Hard to believe it has been 5 years since Carrie Underwood took the title. Looking good and sounding good she sings "Undo It". Seems she co-wrote this song with Kara DioGuardi and I kind of like it. Wow, Carrie has done so great in her career.

Casey James is now on stage singing "Every Rose Has A Thorn". It was awesome seeing Bret Michaels join him for this number. Poor Bret has had so many medical problems first with a brain hemorrage and then a stroke. In spite of this he looked very good and I so enjoyed both of them singing this old classic. The guitar playing was also quite good. I might add that recently Bret also won the competition for the Celebrity Apprentice show.

I was not so happy with the next act as the group Chicago and Lee DeWyze take the stage. The music sounded great but the vocals were awful to the classic songs of "Does Anybody Know What Time It Is?, "If You Leave Me Now" and "25 or 5 to 4". I have liked this group in the past though.

A cute and entertaining moment with General Larry Platt joined by William Hung and some dancers as they perform "Pants On The Ground".

Our top 12 now sing "Again" with Janet Jackson coming on stage. I was so shocked to see her overly short haircut. She did look beautiful however and sings the ballad "Trust In Me". I felt sad however during this number as I remember losing the awesome legend Michael Jackson. Janet though has had a great career with 34 #1 hits and performs one of my favorites called "Nasty Boy". Janet still has the entertainment oomph as I watch this part of her on the show. Loved it!

Our last guest appearance is none other than Joe Cocker who is introduced by Lee and Crystal as they sing his song "With A Little Help From My Friends". Joe may have aged but still seemed to be able to belt out some of those big notes of years past. Good going all!

FINALE - 5/26/10 748440 The Tributes:

As you all know Simon Cowell will no longer be part of the American Idol family so tonight's show was packed with several tributes to him.

First up is Randy Jackson and Ryan Seacrest talking about the last era of Simon. The words professional, loyal and kind are shown with comments from Paula Abdul, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneras as they show clips of some of Simon's past critiques on the show. This was sort of funny remembering all those moments.

I totally did not care for the "special song" that was sung by Dane Cook. I guess this was supposed to be funny but I thought it was dumb. I would have much rather seen more of the contestants Simon dissed that came out on stage at the end of the song.

Comedian Ricky Gervais was kind of funny with his remarks about Simon.

I also liked the "flirt" segment of showing Simon loving himself in the mirror. Cute clips of his eyes bugging out of past contestants who appearances made a mark on the show.

It was great seeing Paula Abdul not only on video but live on stage to say a farewell to Simon and of course re-live some of the memories they shared together. She was gracious to the other judges and Ryan. Her jokes sort of fell flat but you could tell she really cares about Simon as a friend.

Then we see clips of past Simon moments on the show while the song "My Way" plays in the background. Some bittersweet moments there.

What a thrill seeing the past idols winners Kelly Clarkson (wow she is heavy), Ruben Studdard who looks great, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks, Kris Allen and of course TAYLOR HICKS ( FINALE - 5/26/10 86847). Also on board were other idols who have competed. Great seeing some of my other favorites like Elliott Yamin, Bo Bice, Justin Guarini and Ace Young to name a few. If you missed seeing David Cook it was because he had a prior obligation at a charity event so could not make the show. All of the present idols do a song for Simon called "Together We Are One". Simon is then brought up on stage and gives an emotional speech about how wonderful the last nine years have been and adds that the show will go on without him. He thanks everyone.

FINALE - 5/26/10 88275 Results:

Throughout the night we have seen some clips involving our top two. Scenes of their hometown and the amazing crowds for both.

We also see Kris Allen present each with their own Ford Fiestas. Kind of cool the cars are decorated with the graphics they made earlier in the season. This leads into the final Ford video of the year with clips of some of the other videos we have seen as Lee and Crystal sing "My Wish".

Now for the big moment. Both Crystal and Lee are on stage with Ryan. Let me say flat out I was not thrilled at all that Lee won this competition. In my opinion Crystal deserved it more for being more consistent throughout the competition. Another thing that got me about this big moment is it seemed like both Crystal and Lee knew the results as Lee looked like he was going to have a heart attack and Crystal seemed to be holding him up for the big announcement.

I know both will get contracts but frankly after viewing Lee's performances tonight and prior nights I know I will not be getting his music. He sounds too off-key for me personally and of course his wet mop personality does nothing for me. I do however wish him luck in his future.

I have read alot on the internet about Crystal not winning and the general consenus is she should have won and many are like myself who can not wait to get her music. It's good to know my girl Crystal will do quite well in her future. One last note I have to let you know about is Crystal and her boyfriend Tony called it quits on the day of the final performances. Seems Crystal's boyfriend does not care for the lifestyle of what is in Crystal's future. She is sad of course but does want a career so she claims this heartbreak is giving her added strength to do well.

Our show ends with an overwhelmed Lee doing another off-key version of the song "Beautiful Day". It is an exciting moment for him but let's face it Lee does pale against the original singer of this song which is Bono of U2.

Both Lee and Crystal will be on the Ellen show tomorrow by the way.

FINALE - 5/26/10 322546 So another season of American Idol has come and gone. Thanks to Deni who seemed to be the only one interested in reading my re-caps and responding the most. Not sure I will re-cap next year however I know I will be watching the show as I am so addicted. I wish each of you a great summer ahead!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:03 am

I'm sorry CC. For me, this finale was the second most exciting one of all. (the first being the one Taylor won) However, I would not have been sad if Crystal won instead of Lee as I have liked both of them thorughout the competition. (I voted like crazy for both)

The whole night was awesome. Some of my favorite moments were:
Michael Lynche/Michael McDonald duet
Crystal Boweresox/ Alanis Morrisette
Lee DeWyze/Chicago (Chicago is one of my all-time fave bands)
Casey James/ Bret Michaels
Note: I was so glad to see Bret back on the stage after all the health issues he's endured recently. He was looking good.

And then when all the winners from past seasons (minus David Cook) came on stage singing a group song....IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! Mainly because, once again we got to see our guy Taylor. As usual, he looked fantastic.

Overall, I was happy with the results. I'm not sad the Crystal lost because I know this young lady will have a fantastic career. I can't wait to get her Cd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

cc just so you know i too read the re-caps. Often i am on a computer that is anti-real deal friendly when it comes to posting. :(
I will start going to the library as this computer is a lot more friendlier when it comes to posting in the real deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 am

Glad to have you back, Mae. Post when you can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 am

Good to hear from you Mae. Thanks for your support!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FINALE - 5/26/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALE - 5/26/10   FINALE - 5/26/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALE - 5/26/10
Page 1 of 1