Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

idol hit broadway and other ai news

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

idol hit broadway and other ai news Empty
PostSubject: idol hit broadway and other ai news   idol hit broadway and other ai news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Idols in the News

Here's the latest performance, releases, chart, and industry news on your favorite Idol alumni.

PERFORMANCES

Season 1 runner-up Justin Guarini made his Broadway debut on Thursday, November 4, 2010 in Lincoln Center Theatre’s new musical, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown at the Belasco Theatre. The show had been in previews up until this point, and Justin has received accolades for his performance as Carlos:

Justin Guarini is “surprisingly charming,” – Elysa Gardner, USA Today
“Justin Guarini is captivating.” – Charles McNulty, Los Angeles Times
Guarini sings nicely and pairs sexily to stammering delight with Laura Benanti. – -Michael Giltz, Huffington Post
“…fine as the stammering Carlos.” – Ben Brantley, New York Times
Justin’s Broadway debut is “extremely likable” – Peter Marks, The Washington Post

See Justin star as Carlos in Women on the Verge Tuesday through Sunday evenings at 8pm with matinees Wednesday and Saturday at 2pm and Sunday at 3pm.

Season 7 finalist David Hernandez covered Miley Cyrus’ hit song, “The Climb.” The song debuted this morning (Friday, November 12, 2010) on The Today Show as Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek figure skated to the song. David tweeted, “That was beautiful seeing @EvanLysacek skate to me singing. Kinda surreal.... Wow. Amazing ! Thanks Evan.” The performance was choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance Season 2 runner-up Travis Wall. “The Climb” by David Hernandez is available for purchase now on CD Baby and will be available on iTunes this week.

As the holiday season approaches, David is promoting his album, This Christmas, which is also available on CD Baby and iTunes. David has been involved with the show Ballroom with a Twist for about a year, and he will join the show again for its Los Angeles run January 19 - February 13, 2011 at El Portal Theater. We caught up with David recently; watch the interview.

The first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, performed at the 44th Country Music Awards this week. She sang “Don’t You Wanna Stay” with Jason Aldean. The performance received a standing ovation and radio stations have been flooded with requests to play the song. You can check out the performance, introduced by CMA co-host and fellow American Idol champ Carrie Underwood, on Kelly’s official site.

As you know, reigning Idol Lee DeWyze releases Live It Up on Tuesday. While you’re waiting for the big release, you can listen to a preview of the album, which is streaming at Facebook.com/AmericanIdol. Tune in this Sunday to see Lee DeWyze performing "The National Anthem" at NFL Sunday Football. Lee will be performing at the Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants game - which airs at 4:15pm on Fox. This Monday, November 15, Lee will perform on The Today Show. The day of his album release, Lee will make an appearance and perform on Live! With Regis & Kelly, and he’ll visit Season 9 Idol judge Ellen DeGeneres on the set of The Ellen DeGeneres Show Thursday, November 18.

Anthony Fedorov of Season 4 will headline the production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in Saint Paul, MN. The production will begin December 7, 2010 and last through January 2, 2011. Anthony has starred as Joseph several times before. View pictures of Anthony as Joseph.

Adam Lambert is confirmed to perform at the Q102 Jingle Ball on December 8, 2010 at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ.

NEW RELEASES

On Tuesday, November 9, Season 7 Top 4 finalist Jason Castro released Who I Am, which includes the new single “You Are.” On the same day, Jason released the five-song EP Changing Colors: Live From Studio 1290. Learn more about the two new releases.

Reigning runner-up Crystal Bowersox has announced the release date and title of her upcoming album: Farmer's Daughter will hit store shelves on December 14, 2010. The 11-track album will include ten songs written by the singer herself, and it is currently being mixed right now. She announced that her first single off her debut album will be "Hold On." The single was written by Crystal’s Season 9 judge, Kara DioGuardi, and Nickelback front man Chad Kroeger.

Season 3 star Jennifer Hudson's new single, “You Put A Move On My Heart,” will be available for download on November 9, 2010.

CHART NEWS

Daughtry's “September” remains the highest-ranking track from an American Idol act this week, according to Mediabase. It's also the only Idol song in the Top 40 of three formats which include the AC, Hot AC and Top 40 charts. Adam Lambert's “If I Had You” stays in current rotation on both the AC and Hot AC charts. Other Idol acts in the Top 40 of their respective formats this week: Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Chris Sligh and Jason Castro. Jim Brickman's “Thank You,” which features Season 8 finalist Matt Giraud, stays in the high 20s on the AC chart. Lee DeWyze jumps from #93 on last week's Idol airplay chart to #58 this week, as several Hot AC stations added “Sweet Serendipity,” enough to put him at #61 on the Hot AC chart. Fantasia led all Idols last week, coming in at #49 on the Billboard chart with “Back to Me,” according to Nielsen SoundScan. Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, David Archuleta and Adam Lambert all made the chart as well, with Underwood and Lambert seeing weekly sales upticks. Lee DeWyze's “Sweet Serendipity” makes its debut on Nielsen SoundScan's Top Digital Tracks chart this week. Adam Lambert's “If I Had You,” Daughtry's “September” and Carrie Underwood's “Mama's Song” and “Undo It” also made the list of the Top 200 sellers.

INDUSTRY NEWS

Carrie Underwood's big-screen debut in the movie Soul Surfer is coming out April 15, 2011, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film tells the story of competitive teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack and then came back to become a champion surfer. Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt also star in “Soul Surfer.”

In other Carrie news, she and Season 8’s Danny Gokey are featured on the Academy of Country Music (ACM) Lifting Lives website this month, discussing various charities they work with. Lifting Lives is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music, dedicating to improving lives through music. This month's theme is “Hometown Heroes,” with each artist talking about charities serving their own hometowns or honoring the memory of a loved one. Carrie shares information about her recently formed C.A.T.S. Foundation. Danny talks about Sophia's Heart, an organization he formed in honor of his wife who passed away.

Season 7’s Kristy Lee Cook has signed both a recording and publishing deal with Broken Bow Records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: idol hit broadway and other ai news   idol hit broadway and other ai news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm

idol hit broadway and other ai news 664500 Mae that is alot of great news to read about involving our idols. I am so glad so many are doing so well.

I am thrilled to hear that Crystal's cd is coming out and I am definitely buying it. Great news regarding David Hernandez who I felt got bumped off too soon. Nice to know so many of the idols are on the charts (sure wish Taylor was).

Anyhow, thank you for the information.

idol hit broadway and other ai news 24206
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: idol hit broadway and other ai news   idol hit broadway and other ai news Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 am

What a fantastic read Mae. Thanks for posting the lastest happenings from our Idols. I knew Justin Guarini was going to do Broadway. Just didn't know when it was suppose to happen. Also so glad to hear David Hernandez is doing well too. Congradulations to all the Idols on their current and upcoming projects.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: idol hit broadway and other ai news   idol hit broadway and other ai news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

idol hit broadway and other ai news
Page 1 of 1